Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's test drive time
3VOQU3

RE: It's test drive time

Chiggy,

Same as you, Had a test drive out of Barbagallo's the other day too.. Extremly happy with the dealership so far..

My delivery is a month or two ahead of yours.. Cant wait.. Sounds like there arent that many allocated for Aus, So like the thought of not too many being on the road over here Wink

As for insurance costs.. i've tried a few online quotes, but cant find any insurance companies that list it, anyone..
07-11-2011 02:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Capital

(07-11-2011 02:15am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  Chiggy,

Same as you, Had a test drive out of Barbagallo's the other day too.. Extremly happy with the dealership so far..

My delivery is a month or two ahead of yours.. Cant wait.. Sounds like there arent that many allocated for Aus, So like the thought of not too many being on the road over here Wink

As for insurance costs.. i've tried a few online quotes, but cant find any insurance companies that list it, anyone..

NRMA (IAG) have it and my quote was mid 700's but as Chiggy said depends on age and driving history.

I have my test drive lined up for tomorrow and mine is now in Ausrtalian waters but still a bit over 3 weeks away from being in my driveway. It has left Freemantle and on its way east.
07-11-2011 03:24am
chiggy

RAC now have it - so do SGIO and Allianz.

I got quoted $980 from RAC which I consider to be extremely reasonable considering what I pay on my GTI at the moment.

The only bad part about RAC is that it doesn't ask what options you have fitted to the car - like manufacturer options. Not sure if this is a problem.

Either way - I have till January to figure out who I want to go with!
(06-11-2011 11:35am)MPK Wrote:  Hi all,

I test drove the 5 door pure auto SD4 today and here's my thoughts.

- Exterior/Interior
It looked very muscling, sporty and great all round in real life. The pictures and videos I'd seen over the last few months in person just couldn't do justice to seeing it in person. I personally thought the lighter colours showed off the lines and shape of the car more so than the dark but then again, that my eyes. I'd have to say all the three demonstrator colours looked great (white, grey and black).

I was very much impressed with the Almond/Espresso interior colour and fabric. I thought the dash, door material were quite lush for the base model and the grained leather was somewhat darker than what'd seen in the online pics and was pleasantly pleased that it was! I certainly wasn't disappointed by the look and feel of the grained leather of the Pure, in fact i was quite surprised by how good it was for a base model! The front seats were very comfortable with plenty of elbow room (i am approx 5"10). The room in the back was acceptable but as everyone says its looks more spacious on the inside. There is room in the back for three adults but probably not for long drives. I would have liked if the boot was a bit larger but then again you can't have it all!

- Drive/Handling
The drive was very impressive. I'd test driven the new X1/X3 and Q5 and i'd have to say without a doubt, the evoque felt the best. I test drove the SD4 and it felt very punch on low gears and gear shifts were smooth. The engine was quite during cruising speeds but was acceptable when revving. I didn't notice the wind noise coming from the side mirrors as I'd read but then again I only hit about 110km/h. The handling was very responsive and felt just right.

- Entertainment/Sound
I was also impressed with the 380W sound system. It produced clean and crisp sound with adequate base. I am no audio expert but I'd say i was surprised by the sound it produced and glad I didn't option the upgrade.

- Cons
If there was one thing that I'd have to complain about, I'd have to say it was the park assist. It worked only on the third attempt - lucky the stretch of road had plenty of opportunities. Having said that, when it did work it was awesome!

Overall, I was very much impressed with the car and glad that i'd placed an early order! Fingers crossed it's here by early Jan!

I have to agree with you on the darker colours - I drove a Sumatra Black SD4 and as much as I absolutely loved the car... but both myself and my girlfriend (whom, I might add, knows close to "not much" about cars) and we both felt that the Fuji White brought out the styling cues of the Evoque a lot more than the Black. She absolutely hates white on cars but she definitely preferred the white to the black. I completely agree! Not cause I'd get into trouble if I don't haha! but in all honesty I think it's true.

A lot of the style of the car got lost in the black - however it was a Pure model - it could be different if it was a dynamic.

But in my opinion, the OG, Red, Ipanema and White definitely bring out the styling of the car and make it look a lot more vibrant.

(Please don't take offence for those that have ordered a Black) - its just an opinion

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 03:37am by chiggy.)
07-11-2011 03:29am
evoque aussie

Thanks Chiggy, for the insurance info.

Hi Capital, I have been to NRMA insurance quote online, doesn't see they have evoque option. any idea?

Cheers
me again, just called NRMA. They can't do the quotes since evoque is not in their system yet. I thought whole world should know evoque by now Smile

Nov 2011 Delivery
Evoque SD4 5 door Dynamic, Samatra Black, Verve interior
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 04:55am by evoque aussie.)
07-11-2011 04:43am
Capital

(07-11-2011 04:43am)evoque aussie Wrote:  Thanks Chiggy, for the insurance info.

Hi Capital, I have been to NRMA insurance quote online, doesn't see they have evoque option. any idea?

Cheers

I did not check their website, I just rang them up and they had it on their system because she asked me questions on model body and engine type.
07-11-2011 04:59am
evoque aussie

guess I was unlucky as the lady over the phone said there is no such car in their system yet. Sad

Nov 2011 Delivery
Evoque SD4 5 door Dynamic, Samatra Black, Verve interior
07-11-2011 05:04am
chiggy

(07-11-2011 02:15am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  Chiggy,

Yeah very excited about my car! I've been told its February at the moment and we haven't experienced any delays yet... *fingers crossed*.

From what I've been told, Barbagallo only has 20 pre-orders... however that was prior to the demo's arriving so I'm not too sure what the status of it is now... but that's not a lot of pre-orders!

I'm quite happy about that... definitely know there's not going to be many around in the next 6 months...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
07-11-2011 05:43am
3VOQU3

See capital, If you lived in Perth it would have landed by now... Wink

20 pre orders seems crazy.. I thought the demand would be far more.. I think once people start seeing them they will be a much bigger hit.. It hasn't really 'launched' here properly..
07-11-2011 06:41am
chiggy

It's test drive time

Those that live south of Perth city. Southern landrover in cannington have 3 evoques. One in ipanema sand!!

07-11-2011 08:18am
Capital

(07-11-2011 05:04am)evoque aussie Wrote:  guess I was unlucky as the lady over the phone said there is no such car in their system yet. Sad
Who knows? I already have my cover note number and policy is due to start from delivery so does sound a bit odd

(07-11-2011 06:41am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  See capital, If you lived in Perth it would have landed by now... Wink

20 pre orders seems crazy.. I thought the demand would be far more.. I think once people start seeing them they will be a much bigger hit.. It hasn't really 'launched' here properly..

Yes I guess that is one advantage of living in Perth Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 08:42am by Capital.)
07-11-2011 08:41am