Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's test drive time
Barneyridge

RE: It's test drive time

(03-11-2011 11:41pm)MPK Wrote:  Barney, I only booked the SD4 Auto. I will do my best on the review!

Out of interest, how long should one take a car out for a drive?

As long as they let you Smile
(03-11-2011 11:13pm)memota Wrote:  They are small aren't they! Perhaps smaller than I expected.... 5 door seems more substantial

I really really want to see a 5 door Dynamic. Any in Aus? I live in Melb but find myself in Syd today if there's one here!

They are smaller that what you think after looking at 1000 photos before seeing one in the flesh. After seeing one for the second time I am happy with the size. I am the only one in the car most of the time and we do not have kids. They are wide though and it feels big on the inside.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 02:17am by Barneyridge.)
04-11-2011 02:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

Hi guys.

Just test drove the SD4 Pure in Perth - Barbagallo has had them for about a day now. It was a quick 10 minute drive as the dealer was between test drive bookings - however I have a longer one booked in for next week on the TD4 and the Si4.

Having not seen the car yet, it looked about the size I expected and coming from a VW GOlf GTi, it wasn't obviously much bigger.

Test drove an SD4 with tech pack, clearview pack, rear camera, parkings aids (front and back) navigation.

Pros:
The first thing that I absolutely love about the car is the seats. They are tremendously comfortable in the Pure model and the cockpit is a very comfortable surrounding. It 100% feels like a much bigger car from the inside, than it looks on the outside and is very spacious in comparison to what one would expect when first looking at the car.

Even though it was only a 10 minute drive, it was easy to tell that it had a very quiet diesel engine, had a fair bit of nip and was quite quick off the mark. According to the dealer, they've received an average number of orders throughout the different engine lines but he expects the SD4 to be the more popular engine in the coming months as people start to put in their orders.

I absolutely loved the drive and it was far greater than I expected, very smooth, very comfortable, no road noise and very spacious. Agreed its not a range rover vogue or a landcruiser, but it is surprisingly roomy.

The parking sensors worked quite well, the steering wheel was nice and smooth.

In all honesty I wanted to take the car home today.

I thought it was amazing to drive and cannot wait for mine to arrive in February.

Cons:
From discussions with the dealer, even though the SD4 is likely to be the most popular engine, the difference between the SD4 and the TD4 doesn't warrant the price difference. Unless you're going to be drag racing, there isn't much of a difference and both on city roads as well as country roads/highways... both engines will be 90% similar in terms of performance. THe only major difference will be when you want to see who's quicker from 0-100km/h.

All in all, I don't care if I have to wait till next December to get one, even if Halewood is on fire everyday.... I will still get an evoque because it was definitely worth the wait. It is definitely worth the drive and an absolutely amazing car!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
04-11-2011 10:00am
Evoque U

(04-11-2011 10:00am)chiggy Wrote:  Hi guys.

Just test drove the SD4 Pure in Perth - Barbagallo has had them for about a day now. It was a quick 10 minute drive as the dealer was between test drive bookings - however I have a longer one booked in for next week on the TD4 and the Si4.

Having not seen the car yet, it looked about the size I expected and coming from a VW GOlf GTi, it wasn't obviously much bigger.

Test drove an SD4 with tech pack, clearview pack, rear camera, parkings aids (front and back) navigation.

Pros:
The first thing that I absolutely love about the car is the seats. They are tremendously comfortable in the Pure model and the cockpit is a very comfortable surrounding. It 100% feels like a much bigger car from the inside, than it looks on the outside and is very spacious in comparison to what one would expect when first looking at the car.

Even though it was only a 10 minute drive, it was easy to tell that it had a very quiet diesel engine, had a fair bit of nip and was quite quick off the mark. According to the dealer, they've received an average number of orders throughout the different engine lines but he expects the SD4 to be the more popular engine in the coming months as people start to put in their orders.

I absolutely loved the drive and it was far greater than I expected, very smooth, very comfortable, no road noise and very spacious. Agreed its not a range rover vogue or a landcruiser, but it is surprisingly roomy.

The parking sensors worked quite well, the steering wheel was nice and smooth.

In all honesty I wanted to take the car home today.

I thought it was amazing to drive and cannot wait for mine to arrive in February.

Cons:
From discussions with the dealer, even though the SD4 is likely to be the most popular engine, the difference between the SD4 and the TD4 doesn't warrant the price difference. Unless you're going to be drag racing, there isn't much of a difference and both on city roads as well as country roads/highways... both engines will be 90% similar in terms of performance. THe only major difference will be when you want to see who's quicker from 0-100km/h.

All in all, I don't care if I have to wait till next December to get one, even if Halewood is on fire everyday.... I will still get an evoque because it was definitely worth the wait. It is definitely worth the drive and an absolutely amazing car!

Great review chiggy, love your signature. We visited Halewood 2 months ago and got to test drive the SD4, I was also surprised by how well it went but so looking forward to driving the Si4 tomorrow. Such a fantastic vehicle and well worth the wait.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
04-11-2011 11:17am
JoBro

Took a SD4 Auto for a test drive today, was awesome, cant wait for my SD4 Manual Jan 30th 2012 Smile

Dealer said that my delivery date shouldnt change as i got in early and that he would be able to confirm this on monday and provide me tracking infomation then, but he had an order get bumped recently due to Range Rover running out of engines in the UK due to Range rover not being prepared for the amount of interest in the Evoque.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 08:52am by JoBro.)
05-11-2011 08:46am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

It's test drive time

Barbagallo - Perth. SD4 demo

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
06-11-2011 10:56am
Evoque U

Hi all,

I had my test drive yesterday and am very very impressed. I test drove a Fuji white Dynamic Si4 coupe with pursuit interior and a Fuji white Prestige SD4 5 door with vibe interior.

First off the rank was the Dynamic. Very nice car to look at and the pursuit interior looked the goods. The Si4 is a quick engine and you can easily exceed the speed limit without realizing. Paddle shift is a lot of fun and combined with adaptive dynamics makes the Evoque turn into a very enjoyable car to drive. The Dynamic I drove had the TV option and it was amazing how my passenger could watch the Tv while all i could see was the navigation screen but for an extra 3k we feel its not worth it. Also fitted was surround cameras which were fantastic. I'm not sold on the coupe as it feels there is no head room for the rear passengers but would probably be better if a panoramic roof was installed.

[Image: th_29c6c9e7.jpg]

[Image: th_99fbd7b0.jpg]

[Image: th_78477520.jpg]

[Image: th_f9a48262.jpg]

[Image: th_20f604af.jpg]

[Image: th_cee7a2d0.jpg]

Next up is the Fuji white Prestige SD4, the exterior fits Range Rover badge nicely but in my opinion is definitely second to the Dynamic. The interior I feel is all class, the leather appointment on the dash makes the Dynamic look cheap, if only you could place the prestige interior in a Dynamic. As I have said in other posts I am very impressed with the SD4, acceleration from a standstill is good unless you plant the accelerator straight to the floor where it seems to think a bit before taking off. I currently drive a 6L commodore and having never owned a diesel I'm unsure if this is the norm. The back seats in the 5 door are very spacious and there is plenty of headroom but again recommend the panoramic roof.

[Image: th_5fff002d.jpg]

[Image: th_a6ff865d.jpg]

A very exciting morning drive in both cars and with either engine you can't go wrong, for me the Si4 is engine of choice withits crisp acceleration and exhaust note you feel you are driving a sports car.

[Image: th_9485b3aa.jpg]

And here is a black Pure they also have

[Image: th_6d85b5a3.jpg]

[Image: th_85191628.jpg]

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
06-11-2011 11:24am
MPK

Hi all,

I test drove the 5 door pure auto SD4 today and here's my thoughts.

- Exterior/Interior
It looked very muscling, sporty and great all round in real life. The pictures and videos I'd seen over the last few months in person just couldn't do justice to seeing it in person. I personally thought the lighter colours showed off the lines and shape of the car more so than the dark but then again, that my eyes. I'd have to say all the three demonstrator colours looked great (white, grey and black).

I was very much impressed with the Almond/Espresso interior colour and fabric. I thought the dash, door material were quite lush for the base model and the grained leather was somewhat darker than what'd seen in the online pics and was pleasantly pleased that it was! I certainly wasn't disappointed by the look and feel of the grained leather of the Pure, in fact i was quite surprised by how good it was for a base model! The front seats were very comfortable with plenty of elbow room (i am approx 5"10). The room in the back was acceptable but as everyone says its looks more spacious on the inside. There is room in the back for three adults but probably not for long drives. I would have liked if the boot was a bit larger but then again you can't have it all!

- Drive/Handling
The drive was very impressive. I'd test driven the new X1/X3 and Q5 and i'd have to say without a doubt, the evoque felt the best. I test drove the SD4 and it felt very punch on low gears and gear shifts were smooth. The engine was quite during cruising speeds but was acceptable when revving. I didn't notice the wind noise coming from the side mirrors as I'd read but then again I only hit about 110km/h. The handling was very responsive and felt just right.

- Entertainment/Sound
I was also impressed with the 380W sound system. It produced clean and crisp sound with adequate base. I am no audio expert but I'd say i was surprised by the sound it produced and glad I didn't option the upgrade.

- Cons
If there was one thing that I'd have to complain about, I'd have to say it was the park assist. It worked only on the third attempt - lucky the stretch of road had plenty of opportunities. Having said that, when it did work it was awesome!

Overall, I was very much impressed with the car and glad that i'd placed an early order! Fingers crossed it's here by early Jan!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
06-11-2011 11:35am
Evoqess

Nice reviews, your opinions matching those around the world!! Evoque - car of the year and when your cars are delivered you won't be disappointed!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
06-11-2011 07:35pm
evoque aussie

Hi All, just wondering by any chance you would know the insurance cost for Evoque?

Cheers

Nov 2011 Delivery
Evoque SD4 5 door Dynamic, Samatra Black, Verve interior
07-11-2011 01:23am
chiggy

I think it depends on your age.

However for me, considering I'm under 25 and the primary driver... no claims etc etc,

I got a quote from SGIO or ALLIANZ (can't remember which) - for about $1,380.

However I'm with RAC at the moment so think going to go with them.. shouldn't be too much cheaper or too much more expensive.

But I think you're going to be looking around the $780 - $1000 mark dependin on who you go with and ""garaged" etc.

07-11-2011 02:10am