Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's test drive time
Barneyridge

RE: It's test drive time

Trivett at Parramatta have 4 Evoques.

On the way back to the office I thought I would call in and see what they had.

In the showroom

1. Pure TD4 Auto in Fjij with Tech Pack, Almond espresso, Clear View, Navigation, standard 17in wheels – displayed drive away price as displayed approx $72,000

2. Pure SD4 Black Auto with Tech Pack, Almond espresso, Park Assist, Navigation, 20in Style 6, Clear View pack, can’t remember if there anything else – display drive away price approx $82,000.

As I was driving out I notice 2 other Evoques in the yard. As it was raining I could not be bothered getting out and having a look. One was Fiji and one Grey.

The salesperson I was speaking to, advised that he was doing the sales and orientation this weekend. The car will be officially release then. Test drives for Parramatta will begin from Monday, but they are already booked out. I am test driving this weekend via my deal in Southern Sydney. Maybe those of us who had placed the orders are allowed to test drive before the public. ?

My Thoughts

Fji = look good. Nice and clean

Black = Was nice colour. I thought it hides a bit of the style but looks better in the flesh than photos. Needs a bit of the chrome highlights.

Pure trim = the plastic trims and Grill are a dark grey. Again look good against Fiji, but the Silver of the prestige would look better against darker colours.

Tail Pipes = TD4 is a single, SD4 dual

Leather = the pure leather is grained but not bad or cheap feeling in any way. Happy with the leather. The dash leather is a bit rough but still not bad. The prestige leather obviously finer but I do not think the Pure buyers will feel hard done by.

Almond Espresso = this combination looks good. In some respects I wish I would have chosen this. I went with Ebony but also optioned the Pan Roof. With the Almond Espresso, the cabin feels light enough without the roof. With the ebony you would need the roof I think.

Space = I am just over 6ft. in the driving position I could sit behind the driver’s seat but my knees were touching the back of the seat. It would be uncomfortable having 3 in the back. Boot is small but ok for me.

TD4 vs SD4 = the tail pipes was the one way to tell the difference from the back. There were not badges highlighting which engine choice. The single pipe looks ok for those going with the TD4. It appears a larger diameter than the twin pipes. Speaking with the dealer he suggested given 95% of driving is to and from work, to go with the TD4. He said there would not be a lot of difference between the 2 from a towing perspective. He said you would maybe notice a difference in highway driving, I assume meaning when you need to over take. I am happy I saved the $4k difference between the engines.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-11-2011 03:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MPK

Great review. You've set a high standard!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
03-11-2011 03:52am
Evoque U

Just confirmed with my dealer

Saturday 9am test drive of a Si4 Dynamic Coupe and then the SD4 Prestige fuji white 5door

can't wait Wink

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
03-11-2011 04:11am
Capital

Yes a good effort and a great read. I am now confirmed for a test drive next Tuesday morning and still looking at an early December delivery

Looking forward to Tuesday. Intend to drive from dealer to my Nth Syd home and back (about a 40min round trip including some freeway and some hills)
03-11-2011 04:13am
memota

(02-11-2011 08:36pm)andrewcui Wrote:  I noticed on car sales there are 2 evoques in NSW

Anyone know if any of the Melbourne dealers have them in for viewing yet?

MLR AND ULR have some.

Been to both!

Dynamic coupe (Grey Malvern, Black docklands) and some dark Pures. No Prestiges.
03-11-2011 06:16am
andrewcui

(03-11-2011 06:16am)memota Wrote:  MLR AND ULR have some.

Been to both!

Dynamic coupe (Grey Malvern, Black docklands) and some dark Pures. No Prestiges.

Yes i dropped into MLR this morning and had a look at the Black Dynamic... that is the first time i have seen an Evoque in the flesh.. i like Very Happy

It was a bit smaller than I thought it would be... however the interior still seemed spacious and luxurious

The 5 door pure was still in the workshop so i didn't get a chance to have a look at that.
I will have to pay another visit as i want to sit in a 5 door before I decide to place my order

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
03-11-2011 01:55pm
MPK

I booked a test drive at Trivette Parramatta for Sunday morning.

Can't wait! Smile

03-11-2011 10:35pm
Barneyridge

(03-11-2011 10:35pm)MPK Wrote:  I booked a test drive at Trivette Parramatta for Sunday morning.

Can't wait! Smile

MPK, We do expect a detailed report Laughing

What are you going to drive, TD4 or SD4 or both

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-11-2011 11:00pm
memota

(03-11-2011 01:55pm)andrewcui Wrote:  Yes i dropped into MLR this morning and had a look at the Black Dynamic... that is the first time i have seen an Evoque in the flesh.. i like Very Happy

It was a bit smaller than I thought it would be... however the interior still seemed spacious and luxurious

The 5 door pure was still in the workshop so i didn't get a chance to have a look at that.
I will have to pay another visit as i want to sit in a 5 door before I decide to place my order

They are small aren't they! Perhaps smaller than I expected.... 5 door seems more substantial

I really really want to see a 5 door Dynamic. Any in Aus? I live in Melb but find myself in Syd today if there's one here!
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 11:18pm by memota.)
03-11-2011 11:13pm
MPK

(03-11-2011 11:00pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  MPK, We do expect a detailed report Laughing

What are you going to drive, TD4 or SD4 or both

Barney, I only booked the SD4 Auto. I will do my best on the review!

Out of interest, how long should one take a car out for a drive?

03-11-2011 11:41pm