Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's here, but do I want it now?
Craig_d1

RE: It's here, but do I want it now?

take it now.
Residual values are dictated more by supply/demand at the moment rather than reg number. In 6-7 weeks they'll be that many more on the road, so drive it now while everyone stops and stares, it'll make you feel even more special. And if you are bothered by the reg number, get a private plate, they don't cost a lot if your not too picky.
When buying a car that's within the 3 yrs warranty, I always ask for the date of registration rather than just go by the plate reg, a 6 month period is a long time, and a car registered in feb will always be worth more than one registered in september. Then you factor in spec and miles etc
13-01-2012 01:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerninefive

May as well wait until Sep 12 to get the next reg plate, after all having the car isn't important... Smile

Arrived: Pure SD4 5dr auto, OG, tech pack, style pack, pana roof, power tailgate
13-01-2012 08:34am
mark_n

Yes, take it. There's much to enjoy about this car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-01-2012 08:36am
lulu101

take it now Very Happy

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
13-01-2012 01:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It will still be a January 2012 product whether you register it now or in 6-7 weeks, treat yourself to a £250 private plate and then only you will know it is a January 2012 car, mine is on a 57 plate because I liked the number plate but it was registered on the 9th September 2011

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 03:10pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-01-2012 03:09pm
WB
WB

Out of interest have you asked your dealer if this is even an option? I'm surprised your dealer would even consider letting you wait so long. The dealer has to pay LR for the car at the latest on the day they are delivered and will want to be paid for it by you as soon as possible.

Also the idea of a brand new car sitting in a compound for months (probably outdoors) plus risk of damage would put me off the idea even if the dealer would be ok with it.
13-01-2012 04:19pm
mark_n

Yes, the delivery of my car was delayed because the dealer had not paid LR for it. If you want to delay taking delivery, the dealer will want you to pay for it in full and there's a danger of it hanging around the dealership as WB says.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-01-2012 04:46am
chiggy

Based on the fact that most on this forum haven't received their car yet....

and the fact that you actually don't want the car....

may just get you banned from the forum Tongue Out

haha! I'd take it if I was you! I understand the whole MY11/MY12 thing.... but is it going to make thaaaaat much more of a difference?

You have a car!! most of us don't! and imagine the number of people around the world who envy you right now....

Think you need to enjoy that...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
14-01-2012 06:09am
Mr P

Cant believe it could be an option, take it and enjoy Very Happy

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
14-01-2012 09:30am
Red

I had the same dilemma, but went to see it and that made my mind up, got to have it. I am just on my way to collect it now! Firenze red, SD4 Auto, Verve interior, shadow wheels, lux pack, black roof and autoglym life shine.
The dealer sent me a photo yesterday just after it had the autoglym treatment completed, I think I need to take my sunglasses.
Have the car and enjoy it. Very Happy
14-01-2012 10:14am