Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's here, but do I want it now?
Evo-king

RE: It's here, but do I want it now?

That's too long a wait, go for it now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-01-2012 10:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ray Parlour

Anyone from the 'voice of reason' camp want to chip in before I give in and head for the dealer?

I still haven't sold my current car yet (a rather tired 6 year-old Golf, since you ask) and haven't sorted out the finances fully. I would be miffed driving in a 61 plate when, with a little patience, it could be a shiny new 12 plate.

Is this impressive self-restraint or sado-masochism? Forum, you decide..

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
12-01-2012 10:55pm
cjfp

Ok, wait then.

There you go, voice of reason.

But I don't actually mean it.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 10:58pm by cjfp.)
12-01-2012 10:58pm
SINGHY

I would wait, it's only 6 - 7 weeks, I ordered mine in September and told the dealer I didn't want it until April and that I didn't care how soon they got it, remember good things come to those who wait.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
12-01-2012 11:27pm
CSJ

I would take it now, but then I just got mine, I would not be able to stand the wait

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
12-01-2012 11:36pm
vinny

When the world ends this december you will be glad you got that extra 6/7 weeks fun!Very Happy

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
12-01-2012 11:56pm
jitenc

get it now.... why wait for the novelty to wear off when there will be more evoques on the road in a few weeks time.... right now i am getting the most attention.....
then again....wait.... few weeks is no big deal...

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
12-01-2012 11:58pm
DefLeppard

Im from Australia, so I don't understand this discussion at all,

Is registration going to be cheaper from March 2012 ? Why not just take delivery of the car now?
Does date of registration have some influence over trade in value?/ residual value?
All we go on here is the build date and compliance date of the car.
And our rego is always a flat fee for a full 12 months - e.g. IF i register today, i pay the annual rego fee, and it will expire this exact day next year.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
13-01-2012 12:15am
Evoqess

You are letting the forum decide for you!? I say you should be banished to an X1 if you cannot appreciate that a "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" hehe.....

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-01-2012 12:23am
simonc

(13-01-2012 12:15am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Im from Australia, so I don't understand this discussion at all,

Is registration going to be cheaper from March 2012 ? Why not just take delivery of the car now?
Does date of registration have some influence over trade in value?/ residual value?
All we go on here is the build date and compliance date of the car.
And our rego is always a flat fee for a full 12 months - e.g. IF i register today, i pay the annual rego fee, and it will expire this exact day next year.
In the UK registration numbers take the form xx## yyy, where xx is a two letter location indicator, ## is a 2 number date of registration indicator, and yyy are 3 random letters. The ## indicator increments every 6 months, and in the long run will have a degree of influence over residual value. Current cars (since Sep 2011 and through to the end of Feb 2012) will be registered with a xx61 yyy plate, whereas from March (through till September) they will be registered with a xx12 yyy plate. The second digit goes up each year and the first digit is either 1 (for Sep-Feb) or 6 (for Mar-Aug), so from Sep 2012 it will be xx62 yyy (yeah I know it's convoluted!).

In the long run the effect on residuals won't be huge (it would simply indicate the car was registered in one 6 month block instead of the subsequent one) - total mileage will likely have far more impact when it comes to resale.

As for the OP, if it was a matter of mere days then I would be inclined to hold on, but 6/7 weeks is a fairly considerable amount of time that you could be enjoying the new car so I wouldn't really worry about it too much. Plus the longer it is sat at the dealer the more likely it could be that other people might get their grubby mits on it (unless your dealer can be trusted to keep it hidden away under lockdown the entire time)!

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 12:31am by simonc.)
13-01-2012 12:30am