Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's here, but do I want it now?
ChuckieB

RE: It's here, but do I want it now?

(14-01-2012 10:14am)Red Wrote:  I had the same dilemma, but went to see it and that made my mind up, got to have it. I am just on my way to collect it now! Firenze red, SD4 Auto, Verve interior, shadow wheels, lux pack, black roof and autoglym life shine.
The dealer sent me a photo yesterday just after it had the autoglym treatment completed, I think I need to take my sunglasses.
Have the car and enjoy it. Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of Firenzes. We're lagging behind!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
14-01-2012 11:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ray Parlour

Okay, okay! I've given up and called the dealer. Will be collecting next week.

The dealer asked me if I was interested in taking out a protection package (gap insurance, wheel damage, paint protection etc) for £1.5k but
a) I've already spent more than twice as much as I've ever spent on a car (that's the power of the Evoque for you)
and b) I'm not convinced that it's worth it

Thanks for all of your 'impartial' advice, forum members, and I look forward to joining the ranks of the owners next week.

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
14-01-2012 06:24pm
LDT

(14-01-2012 06:24pm)Ray Parlour Wrote:  Okay, okay! I've given up and called the dealer. Will be collecting next week.

Thumbs Up

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
14-01-2012 07:09pm
WB
WB

(14-01-2012 06:24pm)Ray Parlour Wrote:  Okay, okay! I've given up and called the dealer. Will be collecting next week.

The dealer asked me if I was interested in taking out a protection package (gap insurance, wheel damage, paint protection etc) for £1.5k but
a) I've already spent more than twice as much as I've ever spent on a car (that's the power of the Evoque for you)

Thanks for all of your 'impartial' advice, forum members, and I look forward to joining the ranks of the owners next week.

Don't buy anything from the dealer unless you have done your research and the dealer is matching the best price you can find. Everything they try to sell you gap, tyre, paint protection, smart insurance etc is a major rip off.
14-01-2012 07:55pm
THEMACS

Whatever you do Do Not get paint protection from a dealer! A colleague of mine had the Autoglym one on his brand new 5 series a couple of years ago and it was terrible, they basically just waxed over a semi clean car, he had to get a detailer to take it all off and do a correction on it, and apparently it's a common thing dealers do! I have got a quote for a professional detailer to do a new car prep At the dealers for £250 Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
14-01-2012 08:23pm
Ray Parlour

Collected the car on Friday and whilst it is sensational, the whole experience of collecting it was decidedly average.

It took 2 hours, 1.5 hours of doing tedious paperwork and then a slightly hurried handover outside. The car was blocked at first by another and then I had to transfer the child seats in a light drizzle. No flowers for the wife - I had mentioned to him that she would be there - and 46 miles to empty in the tank. I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum that the car is supposed to come with a full tank but the dealer said that they don't do that any more. I did get another LR experience token but I can't help thinking that I ought to have been made to feel a little bit better about spending £34k.

Thoughts?

22-01-2012 11:09pm
LDT

Disappointing for you, it seems that some dealers just can't be bothered to impress (which will no doubt reflect on their repeat customer base in the future). I hope that when you have had the car a couple of weeks and enjoyed it, the poor experience will be forgotten.

Out of interest, how on earth did paperwork take so long to complete?

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-01-2012 11:16pm
Ray Parlour

(22-01-2012 11:16pm)LDT Wrote:  Out of interest, how on earth did paperwork take so long to complete?

I suppose the fact that I was part-exchanging my old car didn't help...

22-01-2012 11:32pm
olde

Ray Parlour, please post a review when you get past the new car smell. Anyone with the strength of mind to be able to resist purchasing an Evoque for an entire model year, has to be able to do a very unbiased review. So far, it seems Range Rover has bribed everyone on the Internet to say only good things about the car. Laughing

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
23-01-2012 04:12am