Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Issues with Paint from Japan
m44rrv

Issues with Paint from Japan

Hi,

I've just posted my 1st thread here, but have received info. this morning that felt should b shared. Everyone with an order should receive the info. below from their dealers regards paint issues.

Regards
Marvin

Note from dealer:-

Due to the recent Earthquake problems in Japan, the Country that supplies Land Rover with their paint for their product range, have with immediate effect had to make some colour changes.

As you have an order for a NEW Range Rover EVOQUE – this will affect your colour choice when ordering your new car.

This information has come into force will immediate effect – Wednesday 13th April 2011

The 15 affected colours are Santorini Black, Stornoway Grey, Lago Grey, Firenze Red, Baltic Blue, Bali Blue, Kosrae Green, Nara Bronze, Rimini Red, Rousillon Red, Aintree Green, Colima Lime, Barolo Black, Havana and Mauritius Blue.

Replacement Colours - to be introduced in June and maintained in place for several months until further notice:

Santorini Black will be replaced with Sumatra Black (previously used on 08MY Freelander)
Stornoway Grey will be replaced with Orkney Grey (identical to the Jaguar colour Lunar Grey)
Baltic Blue will be replaced with Buckingham Blue (previously used on 10MY Solihull products)
Kosrae Green will be replaced with Galway Green
Removed Colours - no longer available on orders from June onwards. These colours will not be reintroduced:

Bali Blue (not available on Discovery and Range Rover Sport from 22/04/11)
Lago Grey
Rimini Red
Removed and Delayed Colours - not available on orders from June onwards. Reintroduction timing to be confirmed:

Nara Bronze
Firenze Red* (will not be introduced on Freelander in May. Limited availability for Freelander LE2 only)
Aintree Green
Colima Lime*
Mauritius Blue*
Barolo Black
Havana
Rousillon Red (limited availability for 11MY Range Rover Ultimate Edition only)
*Plan to introduce on Range Rover Evoque in Q1 2012

9 Unaffected Colours:

Fuji White
Zermatt/Indus Silver
Siberian Silver
Galway Green
Ipanema Sand
Bournville
Marmaris Teal
Tamar Blue
Keswick Green
14-04-2011 11:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan

That's an absolute killer! It's going to really upset a lot of people and throw a massive spanner in the works.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
14-04-2011 11:20am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well there are some nice optional colours there if you have specced one of the delayed/removed colours. Those who have taken delivery of Firenze Freelander2 SportLE's now have quite rare cars!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 11:27am by XFullFatTim.)
14-04-2011 11:22am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

For those who wanted Black - Sumatra is a metallic black IIRC, but Buckingham Blue is a superb shade - very very dark metallic blue that looks almost black until you get into bright sunlight when it's blue flecks stand out.

This problem will also be of concern to those who spec the contrast roof in Black or Stornoway

Jaguar colours are here: http://www.jaguar.com/gb/en/#/xf/configu...orselector

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2011 10:33am by XFullFatTim.)
14-04-2011 01:09pm
Kermit

Need to print Marvin's post and head down to the dealer to see the samples. As I'm waiting to demo a car I know my order won't happen until Q4 '11 at the earliest, making the car a 2012 build. Hopefully Colima Lime will be back by then.
14-04-2011 01:53pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Thanks for the info. But once again how many others who have placed an order have got that email from LR or the dealer? I didn't even get the Live invite!

Buckingham blue worth going for Tim, is it a current colour?
14-04-2011 02:34pm
Blackseries

So the cars that we’ll see at EvoqueLive won’t be representative of the cars we’ll get – unless we want to wait or are getting a white / silver car.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-04-2011 02:34pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Not to worry, have seen it's not. Lunar looks good.
14-04-2011 02:43pm
vinda

Did you cut and paste that email or retype. Spotted some spelling mistakes!?

Is that sloppy Land Rover HR.

Bloody annoying

I specifically asked before placing my order wether Japanese disaster would affect my choices.
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 03:02pm by vinda.)
14-04-2011 02:47pm
m44rrv

Guys,

I received the message direct from Land Rover Fleet sales yesterday who may be slightly ahead of the dealers but I would have thought it would have been a general communication to all dealers given the implications to customers.

Vinda - I simply cut and pasted message as received, so apologise for any spelling mistakes.

Regards
Marvin
14-04-2011 08:38pm