Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Issues with Paint from Japan
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan

Out of interest, how many people have or have not had their dealer contact them about the paint issue if you've submitted a spec or firm order?
19-04-2011 06:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

My order is in but the first my dealer knew about the issue was when I emailed him and he was going to look into it. Still waiting.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-04-2011 06:56am
M.I.B

Same as my Dealer, knows nothing about it (Matford Landrover)
Makes you wonder who knows what, and whats going on.
Happy days........
19-04-2011 07:19am
MW73

(19-04-2011 07:19am)M.I.B Wrote:  Same as my Dealer, knows nothing about it (Matford Landrover)
Makes you wonder who knows what, and whats going on.
Happy days........

I have mine on order through Taunton which I believe is part if the same group and they are aware of it? I have been told I must confirm my colour choice asap as my car has been specced!
I didn't go with matford as I found there service very poor.
19-04-2011 11:27am
Kermit

How many dealers have enough computer literacy skills to be informed from viable internet sources? If I sold Evoques (or any newly released product), I'd use every source available to me; not just rely on what came via official channels. It's called product knowledge. Many times I've found when dealing with a sales person I discover they know jack about what they are selling.

Sure you can't believe everything you read on the Net but you could certainly verify the information back through the official channel with a simple phone call. Then you could keep your customers informed of any developments that they could perceive as a show stopper. Who knows, this sort of customer service could lead to more sales. Just an idea.
19-04-2011 11:45am
ant

Went to see my dealer yesterday (Stratstones, Swansea) and they had received the communication from Land Rover regarding the paint issues.
Changed my spec to white, but I'm also considering Buckingham Blue or Indus Silver.
Annoyed that I can't get Firenze Red as it looks really good "in the steel"
Ant
Went to see my dealer yesterday (Stratstones, Swansea) and they had received the communication from Land Rover regarding the paint issues.
Changed my spec to white, but I'm also considering Buckingham Blue or Indus Silver.
Annoyed that I can't get Firenze Red as it looks really good "in the steel"
Ant

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 12:06pm by ant.)
19-04-2011 12:05pm
cjfp

My dealer has just confirmed that I need to pick another colour!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-04-2011 05:08pm
Blackseries

Went to my dealer today, he said he had to change a Freelander going through production (Monday this week I think he said) from Santorini Black to the new Black otherwise the customer wouldn’t have got their car. It should arrive next week. He is going to ring me when it arrives so I can see how different or not the colour is. Also while I was there he said he had been told that they were getting 40+ Evoques before the end of the year so anybody who was serious about getting an Evoque from them would get one this year.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-04-2011 08:03pm
paulus599

(19-04-2011 08:03pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Also while I was there he said he had been told that they were getting 40+ Evoques before the end of the year so anybody who was serious about getting an Evoque from them would get one this year.

I hope that's true for most dealers. The last time I spoke to ours they had taken well over 60 deposits, so if they get less than that it's going to be about this time next year before I see mine! Sad Just have to hope that they are all not serious I suppose.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
19-04-2011 10:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Oh dear, having colour doubts here........................... wondering if I should change my order from Fuji to Orkney Grey .............. but then maybe it's time to have a break from dark grey cars as the present one and the previous one were both Stornoway

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2011 11:22pm