Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Issues with Paint from Japan
vinda

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan

Cheers marvin. I'm not surprised at the spelling mistakes. Not on ur part by the way. Just that this is my 1st dealing with land rover and it's been hit and miss. Very sloppy. Customer care not acceptable imo.

Thanks for the info tho. Much appreciated
14-04-2011 08:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firebird

Will check to see what my dealer has heard about orders for down under.

Cheers
14-04-2011 11:49pm
m44rrv

Gents,

As my mother also has a Santorini Black Evoque on order, we have checked and had confirmation that Sumatra Black is a metallic paint previously used on the Freelander. We were concerned that it was a solid black, so our fears were allayed.

Marvin
15-04-2011 10:05am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Just checked my old Freelander2 brochures and can confirm that Sumatra is a metallic paint - the solid black that was used for Freelander2 was Narvik

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-04-2011 10:34am
vinda

Spoke to my dealer just now. Says there's no paint issues , not that he's aware of anyway
15-04-2011 10:51am
DynamicRRV

(15-04-2011 10:51am)vinda Wrote:  Spoke to my dealer just now. Says there's no paint issues , not that he's aware of anyway

Your dealer is wrong,paint colours have been excluded and deleted now.Check again....if you want Santorini forget it,its not going to happen!
15-04-2011 06:38pm
vinda

Really. I'm not surprised. My dealer is useless
(15-04-2011 06:38pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  
(15-04-2011 10:51am)vinda Wrote:  Spoke to my dealer just now. Says there's no paint issues , not that he's aware of anyway

Your dealer is wrong,paint colours have been excluded and deleted now.Check again....if you want Santorini forget it,its not going to happen!

Have you placed an order. Just wondering which dealer you use as your from the midlands too.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2011 08:16pm by vinda.)
15-04-2011 08:08pm
GeordieBoy

This only just hit the dealer news site today, I only read it at about 5pm tonight! My thoughts....

Replacement Colours - to be introduced in June and maintained in place for several months until further notice:

Santorini Black will be replaced with Sumatra Black (previously used on 08MY Freelander) Sumatra is Metallic and just as nice, so no major concern IMO
Stornoway Grey will be replaced with Orkney Grey (identical to the Jaguar colour Lunar Grey) Will wait to see Lunar but sure it will be just as good
Baltic Blue will be replaced with Buckingham Blue (previously used on 10MY Solihull products) I prefer Buckingham to Baltic
Kosrae Green will be replaced with Galway Green Don't sell many Green in any model, has anyone considered it for an Evoque?

Removed Colours - no longer available on orders from June onwards. These colours will not be reintroduced:

Bali Blue (not available on Discovery and Range Rover Sport from 22/04/11) Shame as it looks well on Discovery
Lago Grey Shame as again it looks well, but only effects Freelander not Evoque orders
Rimini Red being deleted anyway

Removed and Delayed Colours - not available on orders from June onwards. Reintroduction timing to be confirmed:

Nara Bronze Looks awesome on Sport and Disco. Very disapointed!
Firenze Red* (will not be introduced on Freelander in May. Limited availability for Freelander LE2 only) Not had any Evoque orders in this myself yet, but I don't think it will be that popular anyway
Aintree Green Never knew it was being introduced!! oops

The below aren't planned until 2012 anyway so the issue colour be sorted by then

Colima Lime*
Mauritius Blue*
Barolo Black
Havana

*Plan to introduce on Range Rover Evoque in Q1 2012

Rousillon Red (limited availability for 11MY Range Rover Ultimate Edition only) Range Rover Ultimate??? So doesn't effect Evoque?

9 Unaffected Colours:

Fuji White
Zermatt/Indus Silver
Siberian Silver
Galway Green
Ipanema Sand
Bournville
Marmaris Teal
Tamar Blue
Keswick Green

So there isn't much effecting the Evoque range to much? I don't think it is the actual paint supply that is effected, I think it is the pigment in the metalic paint I heard, and that the factory is in the exclusion zone of the nucular plant. But I could be mistaken.
15-04-2011 09:24pm
vinda

Thanks for the info. When I asked my dealer he was talking to me as if I was an ass. I'm gonna rub it all up in his face, stupid fish.
15-04-2011 09:29pm
GeordieBoy

Change your dealer lol
15-04-2011 09:32pm