Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Irate (complaints)
The V

Irate (complaints)

This guy is understandably upset. Anyone else with these types of issues?

extract from CNET:
http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2012-range-r...36681.html

No stars
"DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF SH*T!!!"
on February 27, 2012 by kizaw (1 review)
Pros: The car looks really nice. Cool design and fuel efficient for an small SUV.

Cons: The car died a week after I purchased it. And to make matters worse the loaner car the dealer gave me while they try and fix my car is giving me problems too. I was warned about Land Rovers and I didn't listen. Damn myself!!!

Summary: Purchased this car 3 weeks ago. I drove it home from the dealer and parked it in my garage. I came out a week later to drive it and it was dead. Land Rover sent out 3 different tow companies to figure out how to tow it because of the dial gear changer won't rise from the console to put it in nuetral when the car has no juice. They still have my car after 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem is. But, to make matters worse the brand new Evoque loaner they gave me until my cars problems have been figured out is acting up. When in drive and I press on the brake to put it in reverse, while i'm parking the car the dial keeps getting stuck in the drive position. I press the brake harder and it's still locked. I let off the brake, still locked. Finally after pumping the brakes a few times it decides to unlock and let me put the car in a different gear. This has happened already 4 times in a couple of days. This is major. It's kind of dangerous considering one of the times it didn't work was during a K turn on a 2 way street. Then a minor issue was in the loaner is with the iPod adapter. While playing music the sound just stopped. Not the iPod that kept running on the screen but the sound wasn't coming out. Tried a bunch of things to figure it out but nothing. It finally worked when I shut the car off and restarted the car. This piece of sh*t has way to many problems. Too bad because I like how the car looks but with all these issues "looks ain't everything". When I get it back from service this Rover is over. I should have stuck with the Germans.
28-02-2012 03:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Irate (complaints)

Doesn't sound like huge issues.
There was a post on the gear selector riser issue, and in fact the LR instructions on manually setting Neutral without the selector for the purpose of recovery... So I'd take the recovery comment with a pinch of salt.

That said, proportionally, I think the Evoque has done much better than other marques Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-02-2012 03:39pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

I'm not it's real - looks like a troll post on Cnet?

He thinks it's fuel efficient - do we share that view?Laughing

The gear selector issue is well known and documented and the iPod items too..

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
28-02-2012 04:08pm
WorldTraveler

Roof retracts in boot ?? WTF ?

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
28-02-2012 04:47pm
pureevoque

I highly doubt it's real

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
28-02-2012 05:10pm
Delta

(28-02-2012 05:10pm)pureevoque Wrote:  I highly doubt it's real

+1
maybe he's upset he had to wait a while to get it.
28-02-2012 05:42pm
pureevoque

maybe it's a German Marque dealer frustrated his sales are down?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
28-02-2012 05:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well it appears that very few people who read CNET seem to agree enough with his sentiments to support his claims!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-02-2012 07:31pm
Evoqess

I don't know why competitive car salespeople feel justified in writing such made up drivel Wink
Everyone knows it's the Car of the Decade - case closed!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
28-02-2012 09:59pm
lngrn36

(28-02-2012 09:59pm)Evoqess Wrote:  I don't know why competitive car salespeople feel justified in writing such made up drivel Wink
Everyone knows it's the Car of the Decade - case closed!

+1

Always positive! I've got to learn from you...
Wink

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
28-02-2012 10:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply