Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipanema Sand discontinued!!!
Bungoblob

Hi All,

First post. After finally getting the wife to see sense, she has decided, after looking at Audi's, Mini's, Volvo's and VW's, to go for an Evoque. If this wasn't hard enough, it took another 2 weeks to decide on what colour. She was actually more bothered about the interior, so although her original exterior choice was Orkney Gray, she wanted the Espresso & Ivory interior, so she decided to go for Ipanema Sand as it 'matched' the interior better.

I think this was a god choice, and she was really pleased with her choice. Order placed, and imagine my dismay when the dealer calls today to tell me that Impanema Sand is now discontinued on the Evoque! Has anyone else heard this? He also did not know if there were any new colours replacing it?

So has anyone get any idea, apart from white & Zanzibar what would look good with the Dark Espresso seats and Ivory trim?

Cheers,

Bungoblob
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 09:31pm by Bungoblob.)
07-03-2014 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ipanema Sand discontinued!!!

Welcome to the forum BungoBlob. First thing is to email or PM our man at Land Rover Customer services who will be able to confirm/ deny whether or not Ipanema Sand has been discontinued (to PM Pete you will need to have at least 5 posts so go and post some smiley's around the forum to get you post count up). It's a hard one as there aren't many light/ bright colours in the selection - have you tried the Indulgence interior with a Firenze Red exterior? I assume that you wife is worried that light leather will look dirty after a few bums have sat on it? If so then fear not, there are lots of people here with Ivory or Cirrus leather who don't seem to find keeping the seats clean an issue.
As you would appear to be going for a Prestige version then the Spirit interior is also a nice one - tan hide with ivory/ tan door cards.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-03-2014 09:52pm
rchip25

Hi.

When I ordered my Evoque in February I was told about that Ipanema Sand was being discontinued in April and as I was looking for delivery in June I was disappointed. For this reason I brought forward the delivery and have now got my colour choice. Build date starts next week.

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
07-03-2014 11:32pm
XFullFatTim

Ahhhhhh it's because of your order that mine got pushed back from 12th March to 19th March build then Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 11:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2014 11:35pm
Evo-king

I wasn't aware customers were able to affect order/build/delivery times!!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-03-2014 11:42pm
Bungoblob

Same here - I was quoted June by the dealer, although one dealer quoted July! Do each dealer get a certain allocation per month?

Bungoblob
08-03-2014 08:25am
MarkA_

(08-03-2014 08:25am)Bungoblob Wrote:  Same here - I was quoted June by the dealer, although one dealer quoted July! Do each dealer get a certain allocation per month?

Bungoblob

Yep that's exactly how it works. Dealer A who are on a bad run and not sold so many might be able to get you your Evoque in 4 weeks where dealer B might have a 4 month wait.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
08-03-2014 09:00am
Bungoblob

So do you think it's possible another dealer may be able to get Ipanema Sand? I.e. Is there a cut off date for build rather than actual date the order is placed?
08-03-2014 09:41am
XFullFatTim

I would doubt it this close to the cut-off date if it is going out of production - you could try phoning round the Central Scotland dealerships to see if any of them has one in stock looking for a buyer. Which dealer have you been dealing with - Shields or Taggarts?

08-03-2014 10:22am
Bungoblob

Actually we are getting it from Hunter's in Kings Lynn through Drive the Deal. Harwoods were also pretty similar in price, but quoted a July delivery. Shields in Glasgow have been taken over by Taggarts, so the 3 local dealers are all Taggarts. They would/could not give a decent discount, so I am happy to travel to get the right car, and the right deal.

Tom
08-03-2014 11:59am