Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipanema Sand discontinued!!!
MarkA_

Ipanema Sand discontinued!!!

I would think the DTD dealers would have the longest lead times of all given they would get so many leads through them.

You may find the other dealers have shorter lead times but you would have to make a priority call, a compromise if you will, of price vs desired spec and lead time.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
08-03-2014 01:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ipanema Sand discontinued!!!

Tom, exactly why I buy mine in London now and not locally. Taggarts is part of the Lookers group now too - as are all local Audi dealers across Central Scotland, even though they are not called Lookers they are!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 02:21pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-03-2014 02:20pm
rchip25

I was able to get mine early as the dealer changed the specification on one of their stock orders.

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
08-03-2014 06:48pm
Evo-king

Ah, that makes sense now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-03-2014 07:26pm
Bungoblob

Tim, have you had issues with getting any initial faults (assuming you have had any) sorted at the non-supplying dealers? Just thinking if we collect down south and find some rattles or minor faults when driving up the road.

Tom
09-03-2014 10:04am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

None - but as my first one was a launch day car it was pretty well sorted by factory QA people before it left halewood. I did have a couple of rattles and after the long drive north I complained to here that there was a lot of wind noise from the front door seals. All looked after by Land Rover but then I was commuting south fairly regularly so it wasn't a problem to get it back to supplying dealership. When I had loads of battery flattening issues LRCS had the car recovered to Morrison's Land Rover at Bannockburn who are a first rate servicing outlet who I have dealt with for many years. As it was warranty work I had no problems getting the car sorted.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-03-2014 10:16am
CRC@LandRover

Hi All,

Unfortunately the final cut off date for Ipanema Sand has recently passed. While I am unable to comment on the 'Drive the Deal' salesmen and dealerships, all Land Rover approved dealerships should have been aware of the cut off date for Ipanema Sand orders and should have advised customers accordingly when discussing options and availability of colours.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
10-03-2014 12:03pm
Bungoblob

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. We had originally stated Orkney Gray, it's only when we went to finally place the order that we changed to Ipamema Sand. We were told pretty much straight away that it was now not available.

Do you know of there are going to be any new colours introduced?

Cheers,

Tom
10-03-2014 12:15pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Tom,

For the Evoque Autobiography and Autobiography Dynamic only models there will be an exclusive Phoenix Orange.

There are no other planned changes to the exterior colour options on the current model year.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
10-03-2014 12:27pm
Bungoblob

Hi all, order now placed: Prestige in Orkney Gray, which was my wife's original choice, with an Ebony interior. Panoramic roof, privacy glass and heated steering wheel. Had to show a bit of restraint with the options - this all started out when looking at Mini's....

Dealer says delivery for June. One question: although I have the dealers e-mails, should I have something 'official' with the configuration/specification?

Cheers,

Tom
15-03-2014 09:47am