Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance - who are you going with?
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Insurance quote

Direct Line are never included in price comparison sites, so that might be a reason why no quotes on here.
18-09-2011 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Insurance - who are you going with?

(18-09-2011 08:43am)Tekno Wrote:  
(18-09-2011 08:38am)ED209 Wrote:  Actor? been in anything i would have seen?

Definitely, but I'm sure you'll understand me not disclosing that info!

ahh are they adult orientated features lol
18-09-2011 08:59am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

That's ok - we're not a star struck lot, well I'm definitely not!

classic ED Laughing I don't know which of you should be more embarrassed!
18-09-2011 09:15am
DDX

Insurance quote

Ive been with Direct line for years and they discount further if you are a named driver on another direct line policy, have another vehicle in the same household insured with them and have home insurance with them.

Always work out cheapest and the discounts apply to all the policies I have with them. The only two things I can fault them with is their extortionate 22%apr on monthly payments and their renewal prices. Its always so much cheaper to take a new policy with them online rather than renew.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
18-09-2011 09:28am
KaDargo

I was with Direct Line for years for car and house - when they upped renewals by approx %30 on both, I switched to LV and saved roughly £200 overall - DL weren't even interested in trying to match the quotes !!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
18-09-2011 09:51am
griff

On moneymarket.com LV are the cheapest. Direct line were about £50 more best quote £456 with protected no claims and £450 vol excess.
Its actually cheaper to insure my BMW 335i but I guess that is because it is 4 years old and worth less.
Ive now merged the two Insurance threads together folks.
Seems a bit cleaner. Hope you don't mind tekno
Griff

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 10:03am by griff.)
18-09-2011 09:58am
ytshome

(04-08-2011 10:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ant, I have a quote from LR Insurance of £198.20p and I'm only a year older..................

Hi, just thought that it was worth sharing my experiences with the company that operates LandRover and Jaguar Insurance and to mention some of the problems that I've had with mine.

Firstly, I had been with the same company for many years without a single issue; that was until I purchased a new Diesel S Portfolio in November 2010. I went onto the Jag website and followed their link for approved insurance (which is the identical one to LandRover) and was given a policy. No problems initially but after six months I had only covered 1500 miles in the jag and decided to sell. I rang the company to tell them of my intentions and asked them (as I'd paid £500.00 up-front for my insurance) what I would get back and they told me that I would get £25.00.

After I'd stopped laughing I asked them to instead keep the policy going but to swap it onto my wife's golf (which we use to visit our horse and so get rather s**t up) and they told me that if they covered that I would actually get the cover and a refund of £70.00.

Anyway a long story short we took out the change of insurance (cost £25.00 per amendment) and two and a half months later came to tax the golf online and it told me that my car wasn't insured and so couldn't do this. I then contacted a number of people at customer services who genuinely gave me none and left me in a position that whilst they would apologise they left me with an unisured car blaming the under-writer. After several heated exchanges i spoke with the MD (Tim) who again apologised and placed me on a temporary cover note and promised his company would resolve and contact me within 48 hours. No contact was received and in fact since the 25th August until today, I've made more than a dozen calls, been promised that the matter will be resolved and promised a return call that never materialised on eight separate occasions.
Today, I again waited for a call that never happened and after being hung up on, transferred to erroneous extentions and trying to spek to Jaguar UK (who don't wan't to know neither) I was eventually told that there was only one person available to answer calls and he was on lunch. What made it worse was that there best quote to insure my Evoque was £270 dearer than my Jag, which was 8 insurance groups higher than the Evoque and it was £103.00 more expensive than I could get on LR site myself and almost £400 dearer with £150 more excess than the cheapest compare the market quote

Sorry about the rant but anyone thinking of going there for a premium product approved by JLR, don't be fooled. I only dread to think how much worse they'd have been if a claim was involved?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
18-09-2011 04:12pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Doesn't sound great but assume LR insurance don't insure other makes of car as when you get a quote online no other makes are in the drop down list.
18-09-2011 04:21pm
ytshome

(18-09-2011 04:21pm)Charlie Wrote:  Doesn't sound great but assume LR insurance don't insure other makes of car as when you get a quote online no other makes are in the drop down list.

It seems almost daft to call it LR or JLR insurance. The company they use do all types of cars, I've had a Jag and a golf insured for instance. They are simply approved by JLR I assume because when I contacted Jaguar UK they didn't want to know, passing me back to the insurer, who isin fact "Original Insurance".

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
18-09-2011 04:32pm
Spiderman

My Insurer Broker of many years quoted me a much higher price to insure my new Evoque than that of my FFRR & RRS Superchargers and even more than my wife's FL2.

When I challenged this he advised that it was due to the fact the Evoque was a new car to the market and the insurers did not know how claims would perform, he did mention the likelihood of premiums coming down after 6 months if it performed well, so here's hoping as I was rather expecting my insurance premium to be circa £300 max which is around the figure we usually pay for each of the cars above, however, my Evoque fully comp was just over £500 so come renewal time I am definitely ringing NFU for a quote as they were previously the cheapest around for an excellent policy on my old Disco3 & TDv8 FFRR, but they are not cheap on any riskier cars such as my supercharged RR's....pity!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
18-09-2011 06:34pm