Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance - who are you going with?
Urban Splash

RE: Insurance - who are you going with?

When getting my latest policy doc with Admiral, they would not add the pano roof to the modifications section as they have no way of adding it on their system.

The policy doc (page 15) explains windscreen damage. It's not clear cut. "we will pay: to repair or replace broken glass in your cars windscreen or windows.."

Is a pano roof a window? Probably not....

It goes on to state "we will not pay: more than £25 for each glass repair or £50 for each glass replacement, if the repair or replacement is not arranged via our glass repair helpline" question is, will the glass repair helpline cover a roof?

To add confusion, previous policy docs from Admiral specifically stated that "we will not pay to repair or replace sunroofs"

This line does not appear on the current doc

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 10:06am by Urban Splash.)
22-06-2012 09:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Interesting Urban, Admiral specifically checked the Pano roof for me (girl went off to check with her manager) and said they would cover it and "made a note on my file" that the pano and the Electric Tail gate would be included in the cover...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-06-2012 11:50am
Mattyw

Just off phone with Landrover insurance. Can confirm that they DO cover pano roof, just under the normal part of the vehicle insurance, so subject to normal excess. But not under the windscreen/glass section. They confirmed with underwriters.

Important distinction: rather than the roof not being covered at all, in Landrover insurance case at least, normal policy covers pano roof in normal way as other parts of car, just not under the much cheaper windscreen section with benefit of no claims and lower excess. But you are covered, important to us if a branch hits it in a storm and causes 1-2k of damage.

Similar might be true of other insurers.

We pick up "Evo" up in the morning!

Pure 5 door ed4 Santorini black, ebony headline, tech + pure style pack, privacy glass, pano roof, park assist, rear camera, auto dim mirror, roof and cross rails, 19" sparkle
22-06-2012 03:04pm
Urban Splash

Would prefer if the pano was covered in widescreen section as its not classed as a full claim with no impact on NCB.

Enjoy picking your car up tomorrow! Another week for me Sad

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
22-06-2012 05:16pm
bav1

Had a multicar renewal quote from admiral - wanted £578.00 for Mini and £770.00 (not protected)to add Evoque Shocked
After much wrangling and changing around of me and my missus as named and main drivers etc, got down to £474 for Mini and £505 (still not protected) for evoque. Still not happy i went surfing again found slightly better and called admiral back to challenge.... Now £466 for Mini and £475 for evoque!!
Much better but just dont get how insuarance for a 7k mini could be similar to a 36k RRE???????????? Mad

Anyhow another point to note for those insured by admiral out there is that they only give market value for brand new cars - not new for old. So make sure your GAP insurance covers you for this shortfall.Confused
22-06-2012 07:36pm
SiT

I'm with Admiral multi-car and they specifically did the pano roof for me too.
23-06-2012 09:01pm