Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue
bwaadass

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

This is rather annoying. For the avoidance of doubt, my C-Class is able to connect via bluetooth and simultaneously play music through the usb cable – so it is possible!!

In summary, LR need a software update for this.

At the moment I basically can’t use my phone in the car (i.e. I keep bluetooth turned off as I rarely make calls but always listen to iphone music).
12-03-2012 10:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(12-03-2012 10:41am)bwaadass Wrote:  This is rather annoying. For the avoidance of doubt, my C-Class is able to connect via bluetooth and simultaneously play music through the usb cable – so it is possible!!

In summary, LR need a software update for this.

At the moment I basically can’t use my phone in the car (i.e. I keep bluetooth turned off as I rarely make calls but always listen to iphone music).

I wouldn't be surprised if it could be worked around by LR but they are very clear that the basic issue stems from IOS 5 as it all worked correctly on IOS 4 and LR haven't changed anything.

I'll try my contact at LR for any updates on their dealings with Apple and report back.
12-03-2012 11:50am
bwaadass

Thanks WB. I don't doubt that Apple changed something which crippled the system, through no fault of LR.

However at the end of the day Apple are the $500bn company so ultimately I think LR have to adapt and play by Apple's (ever changing) rules!!
12-03-2012 02:10pm
simonc

Well I picked up my evoque yesterday and have been playing around with my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1) and as far as I can tell I don't have this issue. I can listen to music via cable, take or make calls via BT and then the cable music connection carries on where it left off (I've not even bothered to try using the BT streaming).

I did notice on one short journey yesterday that I had the cable iPhone connection supposedly playing but with no sound (I think that's the problem people have reported?) but that seemed to be because I connected the iPhone cable before the phone had connected to the car via BT. Once I reconnected the cable all was well again.

I think as long as I let the bluetooth connection establish before connecting the cable all works fine - will update if I discover this isn't the case.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
13-03-2012 09:32am
chiggy

might try that tonight. see if it works.

maybe there's a software update out - anyone have access to the documents on topix - i.e. the bulletins etc?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-03-2012 09:33am
WB
WB

(13-03-2012 09:32am)simonc Wrote:  Well I picked up my evoque yesterday and have been playing around with my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1) and as far as I can tell I don't have this issue. I can listen to music via cable, take or make calls via BT and then the cable music connection carries on where it left off (I've not even bothered to try using the BT streaming).

I did notice on one short journey yesterday that I had the cable iPhone connection supposedly playing but with no sound (I think that's the problem people have reported?) but that seemed to be because I connected the iPhone cable before the phone had connected to the car via BT. Once I reconnected the cable all was well again.

I think as long as I let the bluetooth connection establish before connecting the cable all works fine - will update if I discover this isn't the case.

Interesting - we had tried that before and it hadn't worked - I'll try mine again using that sequence with 5.1 and see if it makes a difference.
13-03-2012 02:01pm
mark135800

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Having previously owned a Volvo XC60, I think that the Evoque system may well be made by the same manufacturer.

The Volvo Sensus system had the same problem, but it has been fixed with an update from Volvo. Seems that Land Rover need to do the same.

There is a thread on apple support that describes the Volvo fix if you search for ioS + car + dock + bt.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 03:20pm by mark135800.)
13-03-2012 03:19pm
WB
WB

Interesting that Mercedes and Volvo have gone down this route. I've emailed my contact at LR - so will let you all know once I hear back.
13-03-2012 05:20pm
mark135800

(13-03-2012 05:20pm)WB Wrote:  Interesting that Mercedes and Volvo have gone down this route. I've emailed my contact at LR - so will let you all know once I hear back.

I hope that you get an answer - it is the only thing about the Evoque that has been remotely disappointing for me.
15-03-2012 06:31pm
deadliner

Any news?

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
30-03-2012 10:34pm