Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue
chiggy

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

I'm running IOS 5.01 and I haven't had any issues whatsoever! streaming been working perfectly everything's working perfectly... unless its something to do with cars built earlier than mine...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
07-02-2012 02:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spif888

(07-02-2012 02:15pm)chiggy Wrote:  I'm running IOS 5.01 and I haven't had any issues whatsoever! streaming been working perfectly everything's working perfectly... unless its something to do with cars built earlier than mine...
BT streaming works all day long for both the phone and the music when used simultaneously.

The problem arises when you try BT stream the phone and play music through a cable plugged into one of the USB ports. Phone still works but music cuts out after about 20 seconds.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
07-02-2012 02:26pm
WB
WB

(07-02-2012 02:26pm)spif888 Wrote:  BT streaming works all day long for both the phone and the music when used simultaneously.

The problem arises when you try BT stream the phone and play music through a cable plugged into one of the USB ports. Phone still works but music cuts out after about 20 seconds.

exactly
07-02-2012 03:42pm
mnd

(07-02-2012 03:42pm)WB Wrote:  exactly

Any update on this? Are we all just waiting for IOS 5.0.2 (or similar) in the hope it recifies this issue. Any news on when we might expect that?
15-02-2012 02:02am
chiggy

(07-02-2012 02:26pm)spif888 Wrote:  BT streaming works all day long for both the phone and the music when used simultaneously.

Ahh! probably should have read a bit more of the thread.

Yeah I have the issue where if the phone was previously streamed using Bluetooth - the cable doesn't work.. and mine doesn't even play for 20 seconds through the cable - it.. just... doesn't play anything.

But then even if the cable is connected and I go back to bluetooth streaming (i.e. not playing through the cable) it works fine...

But I've figured out that I have to go back into the cable iPod section on the touchscreen to change the playlist/albums/songs or change it to shuffle/repeat and then go back to bluetooth streaming for that to take place.. which is super annoying.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
15-02-2012 02:42am
spif888

I have given up trying to play music from my iPhone through the USB cable.

Instead I have started transferring my iTunes onto a USB stick - very labourious and boring but at least I can now enjoy excellent sound quality (uninterrupted) and still use the phone through Bluetooth streaming.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
15-02-2012 02:51am
pugracer

I dug up an old iPod recently, and used that. I was using a USB stick and missed the playlists and ability to pick songs by artist, album, etc...

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
16-02-2012 02:42pm
Rossy100

Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

Can anyone confirm if iOS 5.1 (released yesterday) has fixed this issue??
08-03-2012 09:18pm
WB
WB

(08-03-2012 09:18pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Can anyone confirm if iOS 5.1 (released yesterday) has fixed this issue??

I had been intending to upgrade to 5.1 a while ago (I have a developer account) but couldn't find any info on this issue on 5.1 and wanted to stay on 5.01 as we have an app in development.

Anyway I'll be upgrading tonight and will test and let you know.
08-03-2012 09:52pm
Ranger4

No, I upgraded all my apple stuff last night and unfortunately iOS 5.1 doesn't fix the problem..... Sad

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
08-03-2012 09:57pm