Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue
WB
WB

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

(01-01-2012 06:26pm)pugracer Wrote:  via BT... Did I misunderstand the problem... Embarrassed

The BT streaming works fine. Streaming over the cable while also connected by BT for the phone is the problem scenario.
01-01-2012 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoverMD

You can plug into the non iPod USB port and at least charge the phone while using BT streaming.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
01-01-2012 11:53pm
pugracer

I finally bought a spare iPhone USB cable and tried it again yesterday. I play special attention that the my iPhone 4 was streaming from the cable and not the Bluetooth (Note: if it's streaming from BT, I could change the column from iPhone; I couldn't if it's from USB). It worked for my whole 20-min journey without problem. I also picked up a phone call in the middle. No issue at all switching back to music automatically, too.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
07-01-2012 02:52am
WB
WB

(07-01-2012 02:52am)pugracer Wrote:  I finally bought a spare iPhone USB cable and tried it again yesterday. I play special attention that the my iPhone 4 was streaming from the cable and not the Bluetooth (Note: if it's streaming from BT, I could change the column from iPhone; I couldn't if it's from USB). It worked for my whole 20-min journey without problem. I also picked up a phone call in the middle. No issue at all switching back to music automatically, too.

Which iOS version are you on?
07-01-2012 08:44pm
pugracer

iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A405)

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
09-01-2012 04:21pm
WB
WB

(09-01-2012 04:21pm)pugracer Wrote:  iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A405)

That's good to hear but it doesn't work for a lot of people including Land Rover themselves. Just hoping Apple fix it in the next release as lots of other car manufacturers have exactly the same problem.
This might be a solution - A2DP Blocker - an app that disables Bluetooth audio output on your iphone.

I'm going to download and give it a try.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 05:26pm by WB.)
09-01-2012 05:21pm
Coolbanana

Having just read this Thread I can also confirm no issues with iPhone 4 (iOS 5) swopping from BT to cable etc. I have an iPod Touch connected all the time via cable and on a trip to Belgium and back recently was swopping between phone on BT and iPod without hitch - with cable full control on the car screen and on BT using the iPhone itself.

I swopped the devices over to charge the phone with no issue either.

Curiously, my iPod (still on iOS 4) froze a couple of times when I first got the car 3 weeks ago but hasn't in the last 2 weeks.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
09-01-2012 05:47pm
Rossy100

(09-01-2012 05:47pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Having just read this Thread I can also confirm no issues with iPhone 4 (iOS 5) swopping from BT to cable etc. I have an iPod Touch connected all the time via cable and on a trip to Belgium and back recently was swopping between phone on BT and iPod without hitch - with cable full control on the car screen and on BT using the iPhone itself.

I swopped the devices over to charge the phone with no issue either.

Curiously, my iPod (still on iOS 4) froze a couple of times when I first got the car 3 weeks ago but hasn't in the last 2 weeks.

I think the issue is where you are trying to play audio via cable and phone via BT from same device (ie iPhone). Using 2 devices should not cause any issues.
(09-01-2012 05:21pm)WB Wrote:  That's good to hear but it doesn't work for a lot of people including Land Rover themselves. Just hoping Apple fix it in the next release as lots of other car manufacturers have exactly the same problem.
This might be a solution - A2DP Blocker - an app that disables Bluetooth audio output on your iphone.

I'm going to download and give it a try.

Please let us know if this works. Don't have my Evoque yet but would buy app now in case Apple decide to remove!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 05:57pm by Rossy100.)
09-01-2012 05:54pm
WB
WB

(09-01-2012 05:54pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  I think the issue is where you are trying to play audio via cable and phone via BT from same device (ie iPhone). Using 2 devices should not cause any issues.

Please let us know if this works. Don't have my Evoque yet but would buy app now in case Apple decide to remove!

The app has been available for a long time but they've finally released an IOS 5 compatible version so not expecting Apple to have any issue with it
09-01-2012 06:14pm
Rossy100

Ok cool. Let us know if it works!
09-01-2012 06:20pm