Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue
WB
WB

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

(09-01-2012 05:47pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Having just read this Thread I can also confirm no issues with iPhone 4 (iOS 5) swopping from BT to cable etc. I have an iPod Touch connected all the time via cable and on a trip to Belgium and back recently was swopping between phone on BT and iPod without hitch - with cable full control on the car screen and on BT using the iPhone itself.

I swopped the devices over to charge the phone with no issue either.

Curiously, my iPod (still on iOS 4) froze a couple of times when I first got the car 3 weeks ago but hasn't in the last 2 weeks.

What Rossy100 said - this issue is experienced when an iphone running IOS 5 is plugged in for audio streaming and connected via bluetooth for phone.

Using 2 devices is a workaround to this problem which LR themselves are fully aware.
09-01-2012 06:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(09-01-2012 06:30pm)WB Wrote:  What Rossy100 said - this issue is experienced when an iphone running IOS 5 is plugged in for audio streaming and connected via bluetooth for phone.

Using 2 devices is a workaround to this problem which LR themselves are fully aware.

Okay, I've just gone into the garage, plugged the iPhone in the car, made sure it was playing through the iPod connection and not BT and listened to a bit of Adele.

Then, mid-way through the song I called my daughter on her mobile. Perfect.

The song then resumed as expected and all was fine. I paused the song and switched to using BT for music. Fine albeit quality not quite as good.
Finally I paused BT music and reverted to the iPod cable connection...problem...no sound. Nothing appeared to fix this short of unplugging the iPhone and reconnecting. Then it was fine again.

It works perfectly well for me until you wish to change from iPod to BT and back again using the iPhone. Solution in this instance would just be to not switch to BT music which makes perfect sense since, as many have pointed out, cable connected sound is much better anyway.

So basically, the issues I have experienced are my iPod freezing but that appears to have stopped some time ago and my iPhone cannot switch between cable and Bluetooth and back without losing sound.

Using just the iPhone on cable, listening to music and making calls seems to be great though.

As mentioned, I'm running two devices mostly but I was curious anyway.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
09-01-2012 07:57pm
pugracer

Now, this is really strange. Remember I reported that mine was working OK with music via cable, and phone call via BT. Suddenly, it stopped working for me today! @@

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
20-01-2012 03:27pm
WB
WB

pugracer and coolbanana, are you both running IOS 5?
20-01-2012 03:36pm
pugracer

Yes, I'm. The latest version of IOS 5.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
20-01-2012 04:35pm
Coolbanana

(20-01-2012 03:36pm)WB Wrote:  pugracer and coolbanana, are you both running IOS 5?

Yes, IOS 5 on my iPhone 4 (but IOS 4 on my iTouch)

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
20-01-2012 07:22pm
Rossy100

Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

Will be interesting to see if iOS 5.1 fixes this...... Should be released in a few weeks. Don't suppose we have any developers on here who can test with a beta version?
20-01-2012 07:23pm
WB
WB

(20-01-2012 07:23pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Will be interesting to see if iOS 5.1 fixes this...... Should be released in a few weeks. Don't suppose we have any developers on here who can test with a beta version?

I just tried A2DP blocker and its a waste of money - doesn't work as advertised and I've put in a complaint to Apple.

I've also just signed up to the Apple developer programme so will be trying 5.1 soon and will report back.
06-02-2012 05:23pm
spif888

(06-02-2012 05:23pm)WB Wrote:  I just tried A2DP blocker and its a waste of money - doesn't work as advertised and I've put in a complaint to Apple.

I've also just signed up to the Apple developer programme so will be trying 5.1 soon and will report back.
Thanks WB

I was about to buy the A2DP app for $2.99 - saved me some money.

Are there any other workable solution because its very frustrating. I have had the car a week and today was in it all day and tried all combinations of streaming without any luck. As soon as you try and play music over the cable and have the phone connected to BT, the music plays for 20 seconds and then just goes dead. Besides the inferior sound quality over BT, when streaming with BT, I am only able to pick up the current song and am unable to use the browse function.

Using a iPhone 4 with version 5

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
07-02-2012 01:31pm
alibeau

(07-02-2012 01:31pm)spif888 Wrote:  As soon as you try and play music over the cable and have the phone connected to BT, the music plays for 20 seconds and then just goes dead. Besides the inferior sound quality over BT, when streaming with BT, I am only able to pick up the current song and am unable to use the browse function.

Using a iPhone 4 with version 5

+1 Sad

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
07-02-2012 01:51pm