Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue
WB
WB

Following up from various threads referring to an issue playing audio through the dock connector since upgrading to IOS 5.

I have a senior contact in the Evoque product team who has provided the information below. The issue appears to lie squarely with Apple and IOS 5. Several other car manufacturers have confirmed the issue and reported it to Apple. (If you google it you'll see posts referring to the same issue on Volvo's, Audi's, Mercedes, Ford and others...) This is the information I've received from LR:

"As far as the iPhone problem is concerned, there is a problem which we are aware of associated with IOS 5 where it appears it is impossible to have the iPhone connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth while playing music through the dock connector as it will always default to Bluetooth audio streaming. We are very frustrated with the situation as the system generally worked with IOS 4, albeit with the need to reconnect the cable when a Bluetooth connection was initiated.

We and several other manufacturers have raised the issue relating to IOS 5 with Apple, but as yet the problem has not be rectified. Unfortunately the control to resolve this lies with them, so we can only await a resolution as part of a future update of IOS 5."

Will keep you all posted if/when I hear any more.
02-12-2011 10:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Louie

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

(02-12-2011 10:30am)wbessada Wrote:  Following up from various threads referring to an issue playing audio through the dock connector since upgrading to IOS 5.

I have a senior contact in the Evoque product team who has provided the information below. The issue appears to lie squarely with Apple and IOS 5. Several other car manufacturers have confirmed the issue and reported it to Apple. (If you google it you'll see posts referring to the same issue on Volvo's, Audi's, Mercedes, Ford and others...) This is the information I've received from LR:

"As far as the iPhone problem is concerned, there is a problem which we are aware of associated with IOS 5 where it appears it is impossible to have the iPhone connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth while playing music through the dock connector as it will always default to Bluetooth audio streaming. We are very frustrated with the situation as the system generally worked with IOS 4, albeit with the need to reconnect the cable when a Bluetooth connection was initiated.

We and several other manufacturers have raised the issue relating to IOS 5 with Apple, but as yet the problem has not be rectified. Unfortunately the control to resolve this lies with them, so we can only await a resolution as part of a future update of IOS 5."

Will keep you all posted if/when I hear any more.

I am due delivery of my new baby on the 16th dec, presently in my Jag XF I connect my IPhone 4 IOS 5 using Bluetooth but play music through a wired IPod iOS4 with no problems, I am holding back upgrading my iPod to IOS 5 to hopefully overcome the problem until Apple get round to solving the problem. I hope that this will work.

Louie

Rolling EyesRolling Eyes

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
03-12-2011 12:01am
WB
WB

Yes the 2 device method works although I don't really want to buy an iPod to work around this issue.
03-12-2011 10:03am
D34no

Great work. Just need to work out how to put my iPhone back to iOS 4!
03-12-2011 12:06pm
Craig_d1

To tell truth, at mo, I've only been streaming my music to car via bluetooth and haven't actually connected it via the cable yet.
Land Rover did send me an e-mail explaining the problem, but again it puts the problem squarely on 'Apple', so guess the more people that phone apple, the quicker it may get solved
03-12-2011 12:06pm
DDX

Where is the USB port just out of interest? You can now get flash drives the size of a thumb nail for £20-30. A cheap and possible workaround until apple sort out the issues with ios5?

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
03-12-2011 12:14pm
Craig_d1

USB port next to the apple port in the armrest Smile
03-12-2011 03:04pm
Straydox

A neat (and cost effective option these days ) is to use a USB SDHC card reader stick with a suitably large SDHC card inserted - here is one on Amazon USB Card reader

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-12-2011 03:41pm
cjfp

SanDisk 16GB Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive thumbnail usb £12.99 GizzmoHeaven.com (bought one yesterday, am not affiliated) - free P&P

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-12-2011 03:43pm
DDX

Thanks guys, seems like a decent option for music. Does anyone know if the system reads folders individually or just list all of the tracks together? Apologies for veering off topic

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
03-12-2011 05:38pm