Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many miles out of a full tank
vinda

How many miles out of a full tank

Just wondering what engines people have and milage they get from a full tank. Thanks
10-10-2011 12:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: How many miles out of a full tank

furtherest I have done before a refill was 360 miles and I still had a quarter tank remaining - it's an SD4 and that was all motorway driving at an average of 70mph

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2011 12:14am
vinda

Hmm. So a theoretical 480 miles full tank. Not bad
10-10-2011 12:38am
jiggyjaggy

Not bad, thats great I get 300 miles of driving out of my MKI Audi TT.
10-10-2011 12:40am
ant

I just used my first tank up. I had driven 339 miles and the trip said there was 134 miles remaining on what was left in the tank.
I'm getting about 34mpg at the moment. That includes running the engine for about 40 mins during the handover (0mpg) and a similar amount of time while I was setting things up, so should improve on that as time goes on and engine loosens up.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 08:50am by ant.)
10-10-2011 08:49am
mywillia

Hmmm I was hoping it might be higher than that. My current 320dm gets nearly 800 miles to a tank on nearly 100% motorway miles at 70. It replaced an XK that was another unbelievably good JLR car but heavy on the fuel and depreciation. It never did better than 32mpg and it lost 30K in two years.

I ordered the Evoque because I got caught up in all the snow last year which left me stuck at home for two weeks. Originally I was looking at a fully loaded X1 or a base X6 for about 40K until I saw the Evoque. It took me thirteen very nervous hours to get home 250 miles from Croydon last year when the snow started. I made it all the way and then got stuck 50 yards from my house. The wifes RRS towed me the rest of the way.
I love the RRS which is what prompted me to order the Evoque over the X1/X6. Same 4x4 credentials but better MPG. However if my car is not scheduled to arrive until after the worst of the winter weather I may just cancel, run the 320 for another year and order again in late 2012 when hopefully all of the initial rush / build issues / delays are out of the way. Trouble is I want my Evoque now! Can everybody else please just cancel their orders so I can get mine sooner?Laughing

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
10-10-2011 09:53am
BFGEvoqueMan

(10-10-2011 09:53am)mywillia Wrote:  Hmmm I was hoping it might be higher than that. My current 320dm gets nearly 800 miles to a tank on nearly 100% motorway miles at 70. It replaced an XK that was another unbelievably good JLR car but heavy on the fuel and depreciation. It never did better than 32mpg and it lost 30K in two years.

I ordered the Evoque because I got caught up in all the snow last year which left me stuck at home for two weeks. Originally I was looking at a fully loaded X1 or a base X6 for about 40K until I saw the Evoque. It took me thirteen very nervous hours to get home 250 miles from Croydon last year when the snow started. I made it all the way and then got stuck 50 yards from my house. The wifes RRS towed me the rest of the way.
I love the RRS which is what prompted me to order the Evoque over the X1/X6. Same 4x4 credentials but better MPG. However if my car is not scheduled to arrive until after the worst of the winter weather I may just cancel, run the 320 for another year and order again in late 2012 when hopefully all of the initial rush / build issues / delays are out of the way. Trouble is I want my Evoque now! Can everybody else please just cancel their orders so I can get mine sooner?Laughing

Or just fit winter tyres to the Bimmer?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
10-10-2011 10:35am
ytshome

Realistically, you'll get nowhere near the mpg from the evoque but having owned the 325 M Sport, I believe its a much more pleasant drive.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-10-2011 10:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Diesel's tank is 60ltr / 13.2 gallons lets say an average MPG of 37 in real life driving so the range is just short of 490 miles.

Si4 has a a 70ltr/15 gallon tank so at 30mpg real life mpg = 460miles range

Thing is who runs their tank right down to completely empty? It's not possible in the SD4 anyway as LR has designed the tank so you cannot pump it dry and damage the HP fuel system

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2011 10:54am
DynamicRRV

When you take into account the price difference for Diesel v Petrol and the MPG of both they are very much the same in the real world. Hardly any difference at all price wise.
10-10-2011 11:02am