Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi. Thinking of getting one.
Lurcher

RE: Hi. Thinking of getting one.

Yes , if you look at pics of the mats set (ebay etc) you will see that the drivers mat is only shaped as a square , and only covers the immediate area beneath your heels , the mat doesn't cover up towards the controls , i ended up with quite a bit of mud and grass on the carpet today . Maybe there is a good reason for this I dont know .

Missus couldn't see the benefit of the drivers side , bit of a poor show really , I think on reflection I regret paying best part of £100 on them , third party ones are available for about £25/£30 .
As a side I am useing the boot mat i bought for my last FL1 , it then went in a Kuga then 2 more FL2's and now in the Evoque and its an even better fit Very Happy

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
17-10-2015 09:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

(17-10-2015 08:56pm)Steve D Wrote:  I had them in my FL and they were great when we got in with mud-caked wellies. Was thinking of getting a set for the Evoque - what's the problem with the OE Evoque ones - do they allow mud to get on the carpet?

steve I tried the oe rubbermats in my last evo but didn't like them. I have the oe carpet type mats now and they are fab. Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
17-10-2015 09:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(17-10-2015 04:28pm)Lurcher Wrote:  Nice one well done Thumbs Up , I just put the LR Rubber Mats in mine and was disapointed how poorly the drivers side mat covers the floor area , must be a reason for it ?

I assume that what you mean is that they don't go right up under the pedals in the drivers footwell? If it is any consolation the carpet and the rubber mats for RRS2 don't cover all the carpet in the drivers footwell either. I read somewhere that it is to do with product liability and the possibility of the mats stopping the brake pedal from going fully down if the mats were to go right under the pedals. They always used to but there must have been some way that a car maker got into legal problems that cost them money after an accident........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-10-2015 10:44pm
Lurcher

Yes thats what I meant , thought that might have been the case .

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 10:49pm by Lurcher.)
17-10-2015 10:49pm
Steve D

I see what you mean about the OE mats. Was looking at these ones. More expensive than the OE ones but look like they will do the job. Whaddya reckon?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-Ev...j6-bmTtX8A

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
18-10-2015 07:08am
Lurcher

Well the driver side will cover a lot more carpet area than the OE ones , there are some cheaper ones than those on ebay Steve similar design . I have just pressed the button for a set of universal rubber mats at £8.50 (says will fit Evoque) and just use the larger drivers side mat to replace the OE one .

(This post was last modified: 18-10-2015 08:59am by Lurcher.)
18-10-2015 08:17am
5jms5

I have both the Land Rover carpet and rubber mats which I think are fine Asda sell universal ie cut to size rubber mats for around a fiver I hope I do not breach forum advertising rules
Cheers
George Asda
18-10-2015 06:22pm
Steve D

In the end I got a set of OE ones. I just laid a cheap, small thin one under the drivers mat that went up under the pedals for a bit of extra protection.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
09-12-2015 08:49pm