Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi. Thinking of getting one.
LaserTam

RE: Hi. Thinking of getting one.

Sounds like a terrible car and the dealer is worse to present a car like that. Thought about private purchase? Get one with some warranty left to cover for any issues, save you a fair amount on the forecourt prices. May depend on how you are planning to finance it I suppose.
Yet to pick it up, but I have just taken the plunge on a Discovery 4 from a private sale. Looked at several approved dealer models, most good, some bad, but in the end, for the same money I have a newer model than I was looking at, with a higher spec, still some warranty left and from an owner who I know loves his car. Its absolutely mint and I have the history to prove it. Its a bit scary, but I am sure I have made the right decision. Time will tell I suppose.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
12-09-2015 08:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

I have considered that option. As you say, if there is some warranty left on it I will be covered for any issues and presumably, the previous owner would have had any faults fixed for free under the warranty. I'm presuming its three years but does it have to have a main dealer service record up to date for the warranty to be void? I assume I could phone any main dealer and they can check the service history in their computer system?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
12-09-2015 09:15pm
Steve D

Was talking to a bloke I know very well through work who bought one 3 years ago and was asking him how he liked it. He lives near me he said "Come round and take it for the day and see what you think!" I didn't need telling twice so we had it yesterday. I asked him what model it was and he didn't have a clue! I looked it up using the reg number and it was a Pure Tech with pan roof and reversing camera. I was well impressed. The wife loved it so the hunt is definitely on.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 08:24am by Steve D.)
04-10-2015 08:23am
Barton Evoque

Nice one Steve glad you were not disappointed with it.3 years on it was the best choice to ditch the Freelander chalk and cheese between the two.i have a TD4 pure tech without pano and its great.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
04-10-2015 09:31am
jasons

Ive just put some pictures up of mine- see if it tickles your fancy!
04-10-2015 09:47am
Steve D

How do I see them?

04-10-2015 01:57pm
jasons

(04-10-2015 01:57pm)Steve D Wrote:  How do I see them?

This thread here:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Misty-Day-Photo-s
04-10-2015 02:02pm
Steve D

Ah yes. Looks very nice. Unfortunately not for me but I don't think you'd have any problems selling that one.

Just in case anyone else knows of one, as a minimum I'm looking for;
Grey
Auto
5 door
Pan roof
Black interior
Factory privacy glass
Parking sensors (preferably a camera)

Other goodies welcome!

04-10-2015 02:13pm
LaserTam

Couldnt tempt you to consider black? Mine is up for sale, posted in the For Sale section. AND I'm also in Essexshire Smile

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
04-10-2015 06:50pm
Steve D

Sorry. Good price and some nice extras but just about the complete opposite to what I'm looking for. GLWTS.

04-10-2015 07:29pm