Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi. Thinking of getting one.
Good shot

RE: Hi. Thinking of getting one.

(06-10-2015 04:00pm)walterwindbag Wrote:  OK Steve but that's not going to happen is it. I have heard of people taking finance out for 95% to get a LR subsidy of £1,500 (but that's on new cars) and then paying that off early.
All the best in your attempts however.
Walt

I went down the route to get a £2000 dealer contribution which they wouldn't give for a full cash up front payment. I think they make more money from the finance than the vehicle sale! You used to get a discount for cash - now you get one for taking their finance!

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
06-10-2015 08:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

Well. I've just taken a deposit on my Freelander so there's no going back and it's Game On!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
07-10-2015 05:13pm
Steve D

(07-10-2015 05:13pm)Steve D Wrote:  Well. I've just taken a deposit on my Freelander so there's no going back and it's Game On!

Grrrr! Bloody main dealers. Why do they continue to advertise cars for sale that are sold! If they are sold, TAKE THEM OFF THE WEBSITE! Tried for two today only to be told they were sold but I bet they are still showing up as for sale in a weeks time.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
07-10-2015 07:02pm
walterwindbag

Little bit annoying eh Steve? I'm guessing they are a bit short on stock so they let them linger a bit on the Ads. Not really playing the game.
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
08-10-2015 11:13am
Steve D

(06-10-2015 04:00pm)walterwindbag Wrote:  OK Steve but that's not going to happen is it. I have heard of people taking finance out for 95% to get a LR subsidy of £1,500 (but that's on new cars) and then paying that off early.
All the best in your attempts however.
Walt

Just been speaking to a dealer and the minimum amount of finance you must take out to get two years free servicing is £10K. This is at 7.9% and you mustn't pay it off before 6 months or you lose the free servicing. I make it that it will cost £395 in interest to get the free servicing. Is that right and how does that compare with buying a 2 years servicing plan?

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 01:07pm by Steve D.)
08-10-2015 01:06pm
Steve D

Bought one!
Well, it's being delivered to me next Friday after servicing and prepping.
Black 5 door 2012 Dynamic Lux SD4 Auto with privacy glass and keyless entry.
I took the minimum amount (£10K) on finance over two years to get two free services and will pay it all off after the minimum period to keep the servicing deal (6 months). Should cost me just over £200 in interest payments so not too bad for a couple of main dealer service stamps in the book!

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 03:59pm by Steve D.)
17-10-2015 03:58pm
Lurcher

Nice one well done Thumbs Up , I just put the LR Rubber Mats in mine and was disapointed how poorly the drivers side mat covers the floor area , must be a reason for it ?

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
17-10-2015 04:28pm
Barton Evoque

Nice one Steve.look forward to the pics.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
17-10-2015 04:44pm
Angel

well done steve...

Lurcher I was disappointed as well .... had them for the FL and they were great.... must be a reason for it though ... wish I knew what it was lol
17-10-2015 08:34pm
Steve D

I had them in my FL and they were great when we got in with mud-caked wellies. Was thinking of getting a set for the Evoque - what's the problem with the OE Evoque ones - do they allow mud to get on the carpet?

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 08:56pm by Steve D.)
17-10-2015 08:56pm