Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
cjfp

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

@ewok - good luck to you (well jel)

There r other hopes - met a guy today driving his Evoque - he's had it a week and it 'just turned up at the dealer completely unexpected'! Here's hoping!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-10-2011 07:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andyuk

Mark what dealers are you using?

I am pretty sure you where the same as me in Gloucestershire but your signature now says London so may be wrong!

My order went back 5 weeks to January as well from my Glos dealer!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
12-10-2011 09:14pm
mark_n

I'm extremely critical of my dealer - hopeless doesn't begin to describe it, but my experience may be unrepresentative so I will not name and shame for now.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-10-2011 09:26pm
hybris

delay and no info! Back to a real premium brand maybe. Back to BMW soon if the no info games continues

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
12-10-2011 10:22pm
Range Rover Virgin

There was I all hopeful because I hadn't heard from my dealer that I might still get my November 9th delivery (Dynamic coupe SD4, firenze, verve) and I get a standard letter from them (no hint of personal service)
Some quotes from the letter.. "worldwide demand putting a strain upon every element of the supply chain" ... "we are being updated on a daily basis" ..."as soon as cars are built and we can guarantee delivery dates we will inform you so you can make arrangements for the delivery of your new car"
So they won't even give me a date even though my build slot must be in the Vista system somewhere! Really taken the edge of the experience/excitement of buying my first RR.
13-10-2011 08:33am
Mike

Spoke to my dealer yesterday, build date still early December no change since ordered in July. Although he has had plenty of build dates change.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
13-10-2011 09:17am
mark_n

Yes, that's tantamount to "don't call us, we'll call you". I expect they are getting fed up being hassled by the Great Unwashed. Seems clear the supply chain is broken big time.

What's interesting is that probably the biggest cost element - a painted body shell - is done much more in house and door issues notwithstanding, I doubt this is where the bottleneck is, it's what goes in afterwards is where the problem is likely to be. Just in Time parts delivery may be fine in principle but it all goes horribly wrong if the external suppliers miss their targets.

Reminds me of one car I saw in Halewood which looked complete except for the big notice on the windscreen: "No Brakes!".

Mark

13-10-2011 09:18am
EVO PUNDITT

I thought we had members on this forum that work at Halwood,Whats happened to them?

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
13-10-2011 10:12am
mark_n

If I was Land Rover, I'd ban them from talking here.

Mark

13-10-2011 11:54am
evoque

Emailed my dealer this week only to find out that the devivery date has been put back from before Xmas to 21st Jan 12! Was hoping to treat myself with xmas gift, but not so sure if this will happen. According to dealer, there might be possiblity of it going back to original date as system is configuring due to the problems with Xenon lights. Frustrated that mine is delayed eventhough Xenon has not been ordered!!!

Ordered: SD4 Pure Auto, Tech pack, Pan roof, powered tailgate, front fogs & 20" Alloys
13-10-2011 12:13pm