Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got burgled.....were they after the Evoque?
jitenc

Got burgled.....were they after the Evoque?

Very distressed. We went out yesterday around 1pm and had a great afternoon and evening at the 2012 BT river of Music Festivals.
Returned home around 11 pm to find we had been burgled. The whole house was ransacked. Thank god that the Evoque was still parked in the driveway.

Apparently, there were a few of them who had climbed over the side iron gate leading to the back, tried force open the patio door which proved unsuccessful. They went round to the other side, got the garden chairs, stacked it up on the garden table, climbed up onto a flat roof, forced open the upstairs back window with a screwdriver and let themselves in. They latched the front door with the chain lock, to buy time to escape incase they were disturbed, before they ransacked the whole house. All the drawers were pulled out to check for hidden treasures underneath, including the kitchen and bedroom ones, wall pictures were pulled down, shoe boxes were opened...

The police were not saying if it was the keys of the Evoque, they were after, but I have a pretty good suspicion they did. It was the work of a few professionals by the way they messed the house up, did not touch laptops or fake jewellery. Its either the gleaming Evoque that I had it just washed parked outside the drive or it is a good indication to suggest that the occupants must have expensive valuables for the burglars to target.

I was lookin forward to a good drive to attend a wedding in Bristol today. Now the whole sunny day will be taken to assess what has been taken and sorting out the insurance.

I will have to install a bulgar alarm and possibly a tacker in the car. So beware fellow drivers, my only advice would be to take your keys with you even if you are not going to use the car, and hide the spare, preferably not in the same house...Sad

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 09:52am by jitenc.)
22-07-2012 09:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Got buggled.....were they after the Evoque?

Sorry to hear this Sad
Only yesterday I bought some hi-res cctv cameras, more because of the neighbours but useful added security too.

"burgled"

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
22-07-2012 09:14am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Got burgled.....were they after the Evoque?

Not good hopefully the cops will get a lead on the scumbags........

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
22-07-2012 09:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrHooky

Re: Got burgled.....were they after the Evoque?

Sorry to hear this. It's something that worries me too. I've been car jacked in the past for a white hot hatch I owned and I'm always wary of it happening again. Thing is you can't let it stop you treating yourself to nice things - just try to do all you can to prevent people from trying to steal them...

Hope they catch the scumbags

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
22-07-2012 09:53am
jitenc

(22-07-2012 09:51am)Griff449 Wrote:  Not good hopefully the cops will get a lead on the scumbags........

No chance. The forensics said they were wearing gloves...
(22-07-2012 09:53am)MrHooky Wrote:  Sorry to hear this. It's something that worries me too. I've been car jacked in the past for a white hot hatch I owned and I'm always wary of it happening again. Thing is you can't let it stop you treating yourself to nice things - just try to do all you can to prevent people from trying to steal them...
You're right. Just have to be positive.. Just the feeling you get when it has just sunk in.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 09:59am by jitenc.)
22-07-2012 09:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Had similar happen to me on Rememberance Sunday 2010 - while I was away at work. They turned the house upside down looking for something, but nothing was missing. PCwas not taken, expensive hifi left all the crime squad could think of was they were after the car keys that are never left in the house when I'm away, even for 24 hours. It was the main reason for changing from the FFRR to the Evoque. The police reckoned that they wouldn't return, they did but were disturbed at 3am by my nocturnal next door neighbour who got their white van reg and called the police. The same night 2 other houses in the village that also had Land Rover cars parked outside got done over as well, no cars were stolen.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-07-2012 10:41am
Michelle

So sorry to hear this. Gosh, I'd rather have my car stolen than my house ransacked though. I wouldn't think burglars would ransack a house for car keys would they? i tend to thank that because there is an expensive car in front of the house they imagine that there is expensive jewelry or money inside the house. Maybe I'm wrong.
Scumbags!!!!!EvilEvilEvil

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
22-07-2012 11:05am
ED209

Did they actually steal anything? if they stole ther items they probably werent after the car.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
22-07-2012 11:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One problem with many expensive cars is that they cannot be moved without the keyfob. Modern Land Rovers more so because if low lifes try to drag them onto a trailer with the EPB engaged they destroy the transmission system. They need the keyfob to disable the immobiliser system and release the EPB.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-07-2012 12:54pm
MrHooky

(22-07-2012 11:05am)Michelle Wrote:  So sorry to hear this. Gosh, I'd rather have my car stolen than my house ransacked though. I wouldn't think burglars would ransack a house for car keys would they? i tend to thank that because there is an expensive car in front of the house they imagine that there is expensive jewelry or money inside the house. Maybe I'm wrong.
Scumbags!!!!!EvilEvilEvil

My guess is it's the keys are exactly what they're after. Maybe even stolen to order. When my old car was stolen, it was worth about £20k, the police said they stole similar cars (Golf GTIs, Focus STs etc) to then sell on for a 'quick' £10k. Much easier money than trying to sell a load of expensive hi-fi equipment/jewellery etc down the pub.

We keep our keys in a safe when out although if we're in the house we leave them downstairs so that if we are ever burgled when we're in the house they take the keys and go. Don't ever want to confront such low-life...

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
22-07-2012 01:03pm