Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got burgled.....were they after the Evoque?
Muddywheels

RE: Got burgled.....were they after the Evoque?

Sorry to read your experienceShocked

Makes your blood boil when you work hard for things and scumbags try to steal it because they can't be bothered to earn itEvil

This might cheer you up - happened to guy on disco who happened to be a policemanThumbs Up

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic81381.html

Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!
22-07-2012 01:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

Really sorry to hear about this jitenc.

Get yourself a decent home alarm system, and CCTV. The more deterents you have then the less likely you are to have trouble, although no guarantee, and it's a small price compared to your peace of mind and keeping hold of everything you work hard for especially your Evoque.

My CCTV recently came in handy to put a couple of people behind bars who chose to use my garden to dump some stolen items. They were caught clear by the CCTV footage dumping the stuff.
Even had a letter from the court thanking me for my "evidence".

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
22-07-2012 03:49pm
Evo-king

Also very sorry to hear about this.

CCTV seems to be the way forward, 4 camera HD Recorder systems available for good prices nowdays.

Not only have they ruined your day but ruined subsequent days for you and what happens to them, probably nothing.

I hope they get caught.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-07-2012 05:26pm
phoenix

This always worries me with the FL2 and future Evoque = but I try and keep it out of sight in the garage when it's not in use.

We also set the house alarm whenever we are out and indeed at night when we are in.

I'd be gutted to be burgled.
22-07-2012 08:36pm
Straydox

+1 for garaging it - mine lives in the garage too. With a long waiting list, acute desireabliity and £40k+ price tag the Evoque is just too 'must have' to leave outside.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
22-07-2012 09:22pm
The Valeter

Scum......pity the chairs didn't fall off the outside table when they were stacking them up as at least they would have busted legs.Evil

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
22-07-2012 11:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghost Rider

Hmmm this somewhat concerns me and hadn't crossed my mind. I hear what some of you are saying about locking the car keys up but if I was to be broken into at night whilst the family were in, I think the ordeal would be less traumatic if the keys were "easily" found rather than having the house trashed and the family woken to the intrusion. When I mean easily I don't mean on the table by the front door but perhaps somewhere that doesnt take too much hunting. If somebodies going to half inch my Evoque I would rather find out about it when I wake up and find its not there rather than waking up to find a scumbag in my house

Looks like I might be doing some garage clearing in the next couple of weekends

" And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to damage and destroy my Evoque. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you"

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
22-07-2012 11:43pm
jitenc

Thanks for all your sympathy guys. They took a few things but should be covered by the insurance. Found out that there were 5 burglars in total. Now thinking of it, don't seem that they were after the car, just some scumbags lookin for cash and gold...Evoque might be the attraction to steal in the house.
Alarms, CCTV and tracker is on Monday morning's agenda. Also, need to clear my garage and park the Evoque overnight.
Nevertheless, it was a big lesson to learn ....... And also to keep the garden furniture locked up!
Tomorrow's a different day for us to move on, so let it be. Neutral

Damn those scumbags!
" And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to damage and destroy my Evoque. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you"
[/quote]

Thanks, this cheers me up ! Thumbs Up

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 11:46pm by jitenc.)
22-07-2012 11:43pm
The Valeter

I know a guy who deals in cctv and general security if you are looking.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
22-07-2012 11:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

(22-07-2012 11:53pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I know a guy who deals in cctv and general security if you are looking.

Thanks, please send me a PM of his contact details.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
23-07-2012 12:07am