Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Foot Rest
PhilSkill

RE: Foot Rest

Hi Chiggy, I do run the blue lights so probably worse with the blue, Not that you notice them much with my black interior. Might have to consider coating the pedal with something as I like having the pedal there very much but if the reflection distracts me then I will have to dull it down.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-05-2012 08:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

I have bought the foot rest now too & it finishes the set up off nicely.

I also bought the 2 tweeter speaker rings for the front doors.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
08-05-2012 10:01am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

(08-05-2012 08:53am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Chiggy, I do run the blue lights so probably worse with the blue, Not that you notice them much with my black interior. Might have to consider coating the pedal with something as I like having the pedal there very much but if the reflection distracts me then I will have to dull it down.

yeah I never really noticed it with the red lights.

although the blue lights are definitely more vibrant. having said that whenever the reflection bugs me I actually put that footrest to good use and actually use it haha!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
08-05-2012 04:43pm
benzina

I fitted my Alanos footrest a few weeks ago, and while i was very happy with the result, i felt if it was thicker, the look and feel would take it's quality to an even higher level. So i thought why not buy another and stick it directly over the top of the original, or vise versa.
Once i thought of this, i just could'nt resist, so i ordered another, and it's worked out precisely as i would haved hoped.....dense OEM look and quality.
To do the job properly, i unstuck the original footrest from the carpet, and peeled off it's doublesided tape. Then i stuck some new good quality double sided tape to it's underside, and then stuck this footrest directly on top of the newly delivered one.
I then carefully filled the tiny sandwitch gap surround with matt black silicone sealant.
Stuck the footrest back in position..... VERY VERY happy with the result.Smile
[Image: footrest002.jpg]

[Image: footrest003.jpg]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Does anyone know if ''Supertweaks" is still in business and operating?
I ask this because back in february and well before the Alanos footrest was available, i had ordered a Supertweaks (Startech footrest), as seen in the 1st post at the beginning of this thread, but to this day,they failed to deliver,and they have not responded to the many emails i have sent, not even answered their phone or the messages i have left on their answering machine.
It may have been a blessing in disguise because i have a superior footrest now, but taking my money,not delivering, and not responding to any communication is a disgrace, so i have reported them to my credit card company who have covered my loss,and are investigating. Over the many years of on-line buying,this is the first time i've ever had to be reimbursed by my credit card company due to a trader who takes,but does not give, or reply.
If anyone in the UK can confirm if they are still operating,i would be interested to know.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 05:32am by benzina.)
16-05-2012 03:09am
evoquemayne

That looks phenomenal. I want to recreate that but would probably do a terrible job of it.
27-05-2012 08:59pm
cjfp

^^ what makes you think that? What is there to screw up?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-05-2012 09:03pm
evoquemayne

The term black silicon sealant, and the associated cutting I suppose would be involved, would both probably scare me trying it! Never been one for DIY anything, not because I'm lazy or anything, I'm just convinced the result would be better if someone who knew what they were doing did it. They are accountable for it, not me, if it's not correct etc.

I'm worried about being able to stick the standard footrest in the correct positioning, let alone trying to replace all the bulbs myself (which does look very appealing). I feel like I would break something trying to take the old bulbs out and not put it back properly etc.

Has anyone tried this out, btw?

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic72823.html

It's now listed an as Evoque accessory here -

http://accessories.landrover.com/inter/a...E15CFA12B1

It does look very appealing, especially with the leather.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 10:31pm by evoquemayne.)
27-05-2012 10:29pm
benzina

(27-05-2012 10:29pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  The term black silicon sealant, and the associated cutting I suppose would be involved, would both probably scare me trying it! Never been one for DIY anything, not because I'm lazy or anything, I'm just convinced the result would be better if someone who knew what they were doing did it. They are accountable for it, not me, if it's not correct etc.

It's easy, it's just a matter of sticking two identical plates together with some double-sided tape. The silicone sealant part can be optional,but it's just a matter of squeezing some silicone sealant around the gap surround ,and wiping off any excess.
Then simply stick the footrest into place.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 01:45am by benzina.)
28-05-2012 01:43am
PAT

(08-05-2012 10:01am)The Valeter Wrote:  I have bought the foot rest now too & it finishes the set up off nicely.

I also bought the 2 tweeter speaker rings for the front doors.

Did the same this week and am very happy with the service and quality so hats off to Alanos.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
02-06-2012 12:10am
BrilliantEvoque

It is a shame as even Toyota does a purpose built tottered in normal cars. The option above seems worth it though sticking to the carpet may not turn out to be a lasting solution. Is there anyone who has this on for a significant period of time now?
02-06-2012 12:22am