Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front fogs retrofit?
Malferg

RE: Front fogs retrofit?

(22-11-2011 12:04am)TatikBruno Wrote:  Same here, waiting for LR to release a front fog lights kit for a Pure model...

And me
22-11-2011 06:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ismin

Hi from germany,

I ordered my evoque in Oct 2011 and here in germany the fog lights don't come with the Pure version. I forgot to order them, and now I'm waiting also for a fog lights kit.
But my dealer could not tell me when they will get such kits.

Regards
Ismin
13-01-2012 05:38pm
Craig_d1

Not too sure there will be a kit. It wasn't fixing the fogs in place(which they could do) but the wiring. Apparently the wiring is not there so would have to be put in. The fogs are also operated by the left indicator lever and cars without front fogs from factory order have a different lever(lever only swivels one way to operate rear fog light, with no provision for fronts), so that would have to be replaced also. Told that with the wiring the cost would be prohibitive.
13-01-2012 06:50pm
Dave_T

(21-11-2011 11:26pm)Acwats Wrote:  The fogs are worth wiring up if like me you have halogen not xenons. The lights are fine but switching on the fogs on unlit country roads really illuminates the sides of the car. I've never known fog lights to be this effective and it certainly aids manoeuvring in the dark.

Too true. The Halogens are in my opinion not the greatest in the world - will experiment with different bulbs at some point - but the fogs are err... dare i say "brilliant" Embarrassed
13-01-2012 07:06pm
cjfp

There wil be a way to fit the fogs but you may well have to turn them on via the install of another button

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-01-2012 07:08pm
Ismin

(13-01-2012 07:08pm)cjfp Wrote:  There wil be a way to fit the fogs but you may well have to turn them on via the install of another button

Hi,
I hope you're right. Without the front fogs the evoque doesn't look good.
Unfortunalety I can't change the order, my build date is in 2 weeks
14-01-2012 05:17pm
ceebee

Front fogs retrofit?

Once you have fitted the lights themselves I am sure that it would be quite simple job for an auto electrician to find a live/auxiliary feed behind the dash and wire in separate fog light switch somewhere without it spoiling your dash (maybe near the headlight lowering switch near your right knee on a rhd car).

Just depends on how happy you are for someone to drill through your prized possession!! Obviously, you would need to try to get under the dash above the accelerator first to ensure there are no electrics etc behind where you/they would be drilling

I know a little about auto electrics but I would be confident to try this if I didnt have the fogs already fitted.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
14-01-2012 08:36pm
GBen

Hi my dealer told me that the fogs can be connected to the parking lights using the existing looms. Only issue they will always be on with the parking lights and cannot be independently used.
08-03-2013 05:02pm
speary

(08-03-2013 05:02pm)GBen Wrote:  Hi my dealer told me that the fogs can be connected to the parking lights using the existing looms. Only issue they will always be on with the parking lights and cannot be independently used.

That would be illegal in the UK

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-03-2013 07:38pm
GBen

(08-03-2013 07:38pm)speary Wrote:  That would be illegal in the UK

Then the only other way would be to wire directly and install a switch. But this may affect the warranty.
09-03-2013 01:03am