Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Feedback
bogstomper

RE: Feedback

@trackmonkey and @bluebear both make reasonable points - the forum seems to have taken on more of a feel of being about complaints and issues over the last few months, but it's each individual's choice whether we come on here and whether we engage in any discussion. I don't come on here to moan, I visit (and join in occasionally!) because I'm interested in others' experiences and for sure from time to time there'll be something I don't understand or that's not working as it should and getting some other views can be helpful.

I for one am very pleased with my car despite a couple of (minor, fingers crossed) teething issues which I'd expect to some extent in any new product. Some factory related, some dealer related. I think the disconnect arises because the product is a lifestyle choice which is priced at a premium and so folk, quite rightly, expect the standards and service that we all believe should come with having paid for that. I don't for a second imagine anyone at JLR goes to work to deliver anything less than this, but guess you're also dealing with perceptions created by a history of less-than-perfect reliability, so there are a few stereotypes to be overcome and myths to be dispelled.

My personal experience is that the Evoque is going a long way to doing that and I'm pleased to see the guys who help make them take an interest in what owners think. Please keep caring and if you do have a chance to feed back the constructive views expressed on here (both positive and negative) then I'm sure most would welcome that.
29-12-2011 10:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

(29-12-2011 02:30am)trackmonkey Wrote:  maybe just maybe ste was one of the guys on the line that works his nuts of with pride and joy building the Evoque and was looking for some positive comments from the owners of the new car, but instead all he got was a replies from the likes of dave knocking him for starting a thread during our xmas shutdown.
Well I hate to burst your bubble but do you think JLR invest millions into R&D for future devolopment of the Evoque/Freelander to put it all on hold because you lot have got squeeky brakes or too much brake dust on your wheels.....
I thought this website was to discuss your pride and joy, but no! to me its a place where you can vent your anger because your auto lights confuse you or you get too much wind noise from your mirrors.............
Ste started the thread not to change the production process but to ask you want you think of your new car.
All you lot do is fekin moan about minor issues.......its a brand new model what do you expect ?
Perfection !!! I'd like to see any of you do any better !!!!!!

The car is a milestone ! end of...
It looks the business and is built to very high standards...no one is allowed to make mistakes.
Dave asked if we had any quality control process ?? really ? was that a joke cos i missed the punchline......
We work to exact quality guidelines and the car is put through a depth of dynamic tests before being sent to the customer line, where again its checked over and over.

I understand nothing is perfect (e.g the gearbox failure) but was the customer not given a courtesy car ?
and believe me the result of that failure will be passed down to the production line to prevent further occurences of that fault.
We are given a list of faults that the dealer has rectified on a daily basis and our target is 100%

Google any make and model and you will be presented with horror stories of some sort, thats life ! nothings is perfect but we at jlr strive for perfection at everything we do.

This site should be called moaningevoqueowners.com
seriously to change the production process to suit your needs is never going to happen. Ste asked for feedback thats all, not complaints, and he never once said he could change things

Whether you like it or not the Evoque is a BIG seller globally and post as much tripe as you want it will still sell. It would be nice to hear some positives instead of negative after negative
enjoy life ffs its far too short !

Calm down
29-12-2011 10:56am
kevoque

Calm down!! For what reason? have a read are they not valid points it is not a moaning site as it has become over the past months if you don't like what you got for you 40k sell it simples!!!!
29-12-2011 11:26am
RacingSnake

(29-12-2011 10:56am)vinda Wrote:  Calm down
completely agree with this.

As a representative of JLR, I certainly would not expect a rant like that... If you were an employee of mine, I would have you under gross misconduct for bringing the company into disrepute.... No matter how valid the points are.

The most active forum posts, on any forum, are asking about questions/issues. Why would someone sign up just to say 'my car is working fine'?

In reality feedback can be sought from pretty much all other threads on here, from the 'gearbox faults' to the 'finally got mine, and its great' threads.

Threads like this just create a boiling pot of opinion and emotion, it happens every time.

Genuine feedback from owners should (IMO) be sought through official channels, or by anonymously reading the general discussions, and not announcing yourself as an employee of said company and getting upset when the positive replies are somewhat limited.

My feedback (FWIW), is an 'unknown delivery date'... Originally told march, its now april +/- 1 month, so, potentially may Sad (8 months).
29-12-2011 11:38am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsk21

Whilst I might have expressed it differently I have to agree with much of the sentiment shown in many of the most recent posts in this thread.

This site is in grave danger of becoming a place filled with moaning whiners who seem to have little or no appreciation for what the Land Rover brand stands for but are exercised by the fact that the lights aren't as bright on their previous Audi/Merc/BM or that the sat-nav needs five presses rather than four etc etc.

The more this continues the more the site is going to rapidly lose any sense of community and as it is it's already a pale imitation of the sister sites at disco3.com, FFR and RRS which is a great shame.

It's been said that the Evoque has attracted a new and different type of customer to the brand. I didn't realise that might turn out to be such a negative thing.
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 11:40am by rsk21.)
29-12-2011 11:39am
lngrn36

All you lot do is fekin moan about minor issues

Hmmm, what is fekin?
Shocked
I may have me a new word....

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 02:53pm by lngrn36.)
29-12-2011 02:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

Personally I can see both sides on this one. I see what trackmonkey says and agree with some, if not all of what he says but I think its said with a little too much hostility. Frankly I think the generalisation that we are all "Fekin Moaners" shows a lack of understanding about the forum. In this regards Racingsnake is right. Perhaps before people come onto the forum and actively state their connection to JLR, that they should inform their employers first and then use language that isn't this emotive. Yes there are a few members who seem to take every opportunity to be-moan this excellent product and perhaps they may read this thread and reflect a little.

However, fundamentally I think that these forums are for people with a common link to come together and share their experiences and wherever possible to help other members. We have all seen members come onto the forum and make ridiculous and / or deliberately provocative remarks but they should be seen for what they are, a tiny unrepresentative minority.

Im up to more than 400 posts now and the overwhelming amount of them have been what I would regard as positive but that does not mean that Im blindly saying good things about the car. The forum must allow a balance, the positive and the negative. We are all grown up enough to take what some say with a pinch of salt but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be heard.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 04:47pm by ytshome.)
29-12-2011 03:58pm
Billionaireboysclub

My 2 pence or 2 cents worth (depending on where in the world you are)

Feedback can be positive and negative.

Whilst I agree this forum should not be a moan site.....these are genuine people with genuine annoyance.

I am still waiting to be told when my Order will be placed.

My Biggest gripe is...not know when it will be ordered. I know this may not be the fault of my dealer...but it still is an issue.

£43K plus is a lot of money to me...and so not knowing about my purchase is annoying. I dont make it a habit of giving someone some money..and then not worrying about it.

I have had brand new cars before, different makes..and have never come across not know what is going on!....

Yes its a Brand new car...and yes there would be teething problems...but I am sure like the rest of the people complaining....as long as you are kept in the loop with regular feedback....you would not mind as much...its just the case of not knowing anything or getting different answers all the time (if you get answers at all).

I have had a brand new car where they did a facelift to the model back in 2008...and had no issues with delivery dates or anything.

Before anyone starts...I know its a new car....but as mentioned above....my complaint is that fact that the dealers dont know whats going on either.

JLR - Give the dealers feedback.
Dealers - Give the customers feedback

Get that communication right...and there will be less moans

Right....Negative feedback given....now for the positive.

It looks gorgeous and all the reviews are great for the car....seems like JLR have hit the jackpot with this car..and well done to them and everyone involved.....and I cant wait to get mine. Smile

Thank you Thank you....Ill be here all week

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
29-12-2011 05:48pm
lngrn36

(29-12-2011 03:58pm)ytshome Wrote:  Personally I can see both sides on this one. I see what trackmonkey says and agree with some, if not all of what he says but I think its said with a little too much hostility. Frankly I think the generalisation that we are all "Fekin Moaners" shows a lack of understanding about the forum. In this regards Racingsnake is right. Perhaps before people come onto the forum and actively state their connection to JLR, that they should inform their employers first and then use language that isn't this emotive. Yes there are a few members who seem to take every opportunity to be-moan this excellent product and perhaps they may read this thread and reflect a little.

However, fundamentally I think that these forums are for people with a common link to come together and share their experiences and wherever possible to help other members. We have all seen members come onto the forum and make ridiculous and / or deliberately provocative remarks but they should be seen for what they are, a tiny unrepresentative minority.

Im up to more than 400 posts now and the overwhelming amount of them have been what I would regard as positive but that does not mean that Im blindly saying good things about the car. The forum must allow a balance, the positive and the negative. We are all grown up enough to take what some say with a pinch of salt but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be heard.

Now this is an educated sounding post about forums and people. I wish it was easier to post pics to show how proud I am of my Evoque. I have complained about the wind noise, but only because this is the highest cost and most luxurious car that I have purchased and never had wind noise around a mirror like this. I am working on designing an add on piece to quiet mine. The crude model I've have attached to my mirror completely quiets the wind, so my "problem" is resolved.
With that said, I love this car and would purchase it again! To create a brand new vehicle and have only a few kinks is a big accomplishment and everyone (including owners, employees and designers) should be proud. This much noise should be appreciated as many, including me are purchasing an LR product for the first time. The only alternative is complete silence which would indicate the launch as a failure be that would mean that there were NO buyers!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
29-12-2011 06:36pm
Claud

We still do not know if Ste EFc is a genuine JLR employee but it doesn't really matter as the thread has moved on to a different debate now about what we should post in the forum.

I personally find the benefit of sharing faults, breakdowns and issues very useful. It helped me enormously in the Disco3 and FFRR forums on cars that generally develop multiple electrical issues. I struggle to find problems reported on the Freelander forum because the are so reliable!

I also think we should share opinions on what the car does well too and experiences in the vehicle. Some folk are also very good at developing interesting modifications or trying out accessories, all this makes good reading.

I will also be able to speak from certain knowledge on the car tomorrow because I am picking it up from the dealer, ordered August build date predicted to be 16 December actual build date 19 December - thanks to Trackmonkey and his colleagues at Halewood for doing a stunning job and catching up on the back log issues!

Billionairesboysclub dealers have a factory information system web linked called Vista, it gives them a wealth of information on the vehicle order status and details of the specification. I was fortunate enough for my dealer to send me screen shots so I could see for myself the status. The information should be available as soon as the order is accepted by the factory. I am sure James at Lookers could give you the details.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 06:37pm by Claud.)
29-12-2011 06:36pm