Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Feedback
trackmonkey

RE: Feedback

Sorry to all, I didn't mean to be hostile, I had drank to much wine.

If I offended anyone I am deeply sorry.

Best wishes for the new year

Embarrassed
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 08:56pm by trackmonkey.)
29-12-2011 02:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Ouch. Do agree to a great extent. The Evoque is marvelous. Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-12-2011 03:23am
Evoque U

(29-12-2011 02:30am)trackmonkey Wrote:  maybe just maybe ste was one of the guys on the line that works his nuts of with pride and joy building the Evoque and was looking for some positive comments from the owners of the new car, but instead all he got was a replies from the likes of dave knocking him for starting a thread during our xmas shutdown.
Well I hate to burst your bubble but do you think JLR invest millions into R&D for future devolopment of the Evoque/Freelander to put it all on hold because you lot have got squeeky brakes or too much brake dust on your wheels.....
I thought this website was to discuss your pride and joy, but no! to me its a place where you can vent your anger because your auto lights confuse you or you get too much wind noise from your mirrors.............
Ste started the thread not to change the production process but to ask you want you think of your new car.
All you lot do is fekin moan about minor issues.......its a brand new model what do you expect ?
Perfection !!! I'd like to see any of you do any better !!!!!!

The car is a milestone ! end of...
It looks the business and is built to very high standards...no one is allowed to make mistakes.
Dave asked if we had any quality control process ?? really ? was that a joke cos i missed the punchline......
We work to exact quality guidelines and the car is put through a depth of dynamic tests before being sent to the customer line, where again its checked over and over.

I understand nothing is perfect (e.g the gearbox failure) but was the customer not given a courtesy car ?
and believe me the result of that failure will be passed down to the production line to prevent further occurences of that fault.
We are given a list of faults that the dealer has rectified on a daily basis and our target is 100%

Google any make and model and you will be presented with horror stories of some sort, thats life ! nothings is perfect but we at jlr strive for perfection at everything we do.

This site should be called moaningevoqueowners.com
seriously to change the production process to suit your needs is never going to happen. Ste asked for feedback thats all, not complaints, and he never once said he could change things

Whether you like it or not the Evoque is a BIG seller globally and post as much tripe as you want it will still sell. It would be nice to hear some positives instead of negative after negative
enjoy life ffs its far too short !

Well said and totally agree.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 08:10am by cjfp.)
29-12-2011 04:24am
kevoque

Well said trackmonkey +1 man of few words and posts but when you do let it rip!! Well said !!!!!
Kev
29-12-2011 08:49am
cjfp

Just for clarification - the trackmonkey post has had to have some personal comments removed

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-12-2011 09:06am
ED209

(29-12-2011 08:49am)kevoque Wrote:  Well said trackmonkey +1 man of few words and posts but when you do let it rip!! Well said !!!!!
Kev

I agree, and as an early adopter of several new model cars in the past its a risk you take. For example I had a mini copper back in 2001 which i had pre ordered, this must have been back to the dealers 12 times in the 18 nonths i had it, I also got one of the first 1.4tsi sciroccos, this needed a new engine after 12000 miles due to it basically being an engine that wasnt properly developed. These things happen!
29-12-2011 09:12am
flurberman

Feedback

(29-12-2011 02:30am)trackmonkey Wrote:  maybe just maybe ste was one of the guys on the line that works his nuts of with pride and joy building the Evoque and was looking for some positive comments from the owners of the new car, but instead all he got was a replies from the likes of dave knocking him for starting a thread during our xmas shutdown.
Well I hate to burst your bubble but do you think JLR invest millions into R&D for future devolopment of the Evoque/Freelander to put it all on hold because you lot have got squeeky brakes or too much brake dust on your wheels.....
I thought this website was to discuss your pride and joy, but no! to me its a place where you can vent your anger because your auto lights confuse you or you get too much wind noise from your mirrors.............
Ste started the thread not to change the production process but to ask you want you think of your new car.
All you lot do is fekin moan about minor issues.......its a brand new model what do you expect ?

It looks the business and is built to very high standards...no one is allowed to make mistakes.
Dave asked if we had any quality control process ?? really ? was that a joke cos i missed the punchline......
We work to exact quality guidelines and the car is put through a depth of dynamic tests before being sent to the customer line, where again its checked over and over.

I understand nothing is perfect (e.g the gearbox failure) but was the customer not given a courtesy car ?
and believe me the result of that failure will be passed down to the production line to prevent further occurences of that fault.
We are given a list of faults that the dealer has rectified on a daily basis and our target is 100%

Google any make and model and you will be presented with horror stories of some sort, thats life ! nothings is perfect but we at jlr strive for perfection at everything we do.

seriously to change the production process to suit your needs is never going to happen. Ste asked for feedback thats all, not complaints, and he never once said he could change things

Whether you like it or not the Evoque is a BIG seller globally and post as much tripe as you want it will still sell. It would be nice to hear some positives instead of negative after negative

Completely agree ! Well said.

Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, stornoway grey.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
29-12-2011 09:13am
bluebear

This site is to discuss our 'pride and joy', which by the way we have worked our nuts off to pay for!

I accept that some of the faults raised appear fairly minor but some, like the gearbox failure and my own steering problem aren't. And yes, people want perfection from any new product they buy, not just cars and not just Evoques. Why shouldn't they expect that?

If you think something is not going to be perfect that you pay alot of money for, why would you buy it? Why don't JLR reduce the price in the first year if they know the product isn't going to be perfect? They don't do they.

Feedback is feedback it is not just positives. If Ste wanted positives why did he not ask for just those? Why has he not come on to the site and ask more questions or given some reply. Frankly I don't care one way or another but why did he start the thread at all? You also choose to ignore the hundreds of threads and posts praising everything about the car.

Maybe the feedback from this site will help JLR's R & D programme as it comes from the end user, or customers as they are otherwise known as, if they are striving for perfection?

Now after a rocky start where my car was pretty much undrivable at speeds in excess of 50 mph and thanks to my dealers support the steering rack was changed, I am loving my car and everything about it but I and others have every right to valid complaints and issues we had with our cars.

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
29-12-2011 09:14am
CrawfsEvoque

Well said Sir. Keep up the great work. I am proud of the product you produce.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
29-12-2011 09:17am
Evo-king

Well said.

My car is still on order so I cannot comment about my pride and joy, but if I read it correctly, many of the problems encountered are not down to build but more likely component failures, which is a lottery, it is good to hear though that there is a reporting process where dealers notify the factory of any faults they rectify.

Enjoy what you have of your Xmas break.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-12-2011 10:13am