Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Quality Problem
defender_uk

RE: Factory Quality Problem

it is outrageous really, especially on a new build car. What with this, the problem of the pano roofs and the lack of headlights, some people seriously need to be held to account.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
17-09-2011 12:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

(17-09-2011 12:32pm)defender_uk Wrote:  it is outrageous really, especially on a new build car. What with this, the problem of the pano roofs and the lack of headlights, some people seriously need to be held to account.

Welcome to what's left of the British car industry

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-09-2011 01:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

Yeah well I know that. I have had LR for nearly 35 years and never looked at anything else...but had serious blows with the company on more times than I care to remember. Unfortunately, in one sense, the product always them to carry on without really having to change their stance or attitude.

Defender_uk

17-09-2011 01:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brommy

This thread explains something I spotted at a 'here + now' event last weekend!

Pride of place in the showroom was an OG SD4 auto Prestige 5 door. I had a good look around and noted the missing camera. I then asked a LR salesman where the rear camera on the car was. He went straight to tailgate and then said "Oh, they must have hidden it somewhere else on this car". Laughing

I asked where but he didn't waste too much time looking. Rolling Eyes
17-09-2011 01:21pm
defender_uk

dear me...where was that?
it would apply to all, but it would to an awful lot of dealers!! I do have a modicum of sympathy for the dealers, they often get run around and treated appallingly by LR as well...

Defender_uk

17-09-2011 01:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well mine has 5 of them........ and all work fine. All part of the surround cam system

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-09-2011 02:30pm
ytshome

(17-09-2011 12:24pm)bennno Wrote:  All they have confirmed is that it was a production error on a batch of cars and cannot be retrospectively resolved. I wasn't told till I had paid and was at the dealer collecting the car.

I have asked for a correctly built replacement, but have been told its a refund + 6 month wait or a goodwill payment of £600. Neither of these proposals seems fair.

Hi Benno, this is dreadful for you. What have you decided to do? I pick up mine next week and I've just emailed the dealer to check if mine is on. Regards YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
17-09-2011 03:14pm
LP

(17-09-2011 02:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well mine has 5 of them........ and all work fine. All part of the surround cam system

It might not be intentional but this seems a bit smug and isn't particularly helpful...
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 03:21pm by LP.)
17-09-2011 03:18pm
EVO PUNDITT

This is a warning for all of us collecting our cars, before you hand over any money or sign any paperwork.Check that all is well and you have everything
that you have specd for,make a list and tick them off! Can't trust L/R ,so much for Quality Control (NOT)

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
17-09-2011 03:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to have offended LP, but it wasn't meant to upset anybody. LR had exactly the same problem when they introduced the 2010MY RRS, they couldn't fullfill orders for cars with surround cam, the demand had been hugely under-estimated. It's a pity for those waiting (and you have my every sympathy) that LR have yet again got demand wrong, even though a reversing cam is standard on all the cars being produced at the moment. One thing for sure, if it is a supplier issue then that supplier will be being extremely heavily penalised by Land Rover for delaying production, not that that helps you

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 03:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-09-2011 03:36pm