Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque tyre sizes....please help
paulus599

RE: Evoque tyre sizes....please help

Even though I love the look of the 20" shadow chrome rims, I think I will also go down the 19" route. My current car has 35 series rubber and that is an absolute nightmare as far as avoiding parking dinks is concerned. My local refurbisher will see a drop in his profits though Smile
12-04-2011 10:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Since changing my RRS on 20" wheel/tyres for the FFRR which has 19" wheels/tyres I have not needed to visit the wheel refurb bay at all! The Sports' 20's had to go in twice for the full set to be done. Wouldn't have minded if the damage had been done offroad but it was all acquired in the local villages where we have massive granite kerbs, fortunalety I was also able to leave the fullset of wheels as I have 2 spare complete sets I can fit if necessary - Winter wheels awith Snow and Ice tyres and a set with Mud Terrain tyres on - both of which I have to sell to get one set of All terrains that will do for winter and offroad use on the Evoque

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 12:10pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-04-2011 12:08pm
MW73

Dynamic auto on order so I guess I'll have to be careful with the wheels, worried about the missus though 
12-04-2011 08:37pm
gmaker

(12-04-2011 08:37pm)MW73 Wrote:  Dynamic auto on order so I guess I'll have to be careful with the wheels, worried about the missus though 

MW73 - have you ordered from Matford? If so what have you been told about delivery dates? I placed my order with them on 31st March and still haven't got a date. Was told today that my order is in the build pool, waiting for a date??

Have ordered a sd4 dynamic auto in White with black roof, although might change colour, what have you gone for?
12-04-2011 09:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you are worried about kerbing wheels then you need to spec the Park Assist and surround cams.............................. if you look at one of Vision*R's links you can see the Park Assist in action and it will always park you well out from the kerb!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2011 10:27pm
MW73

gmaker - I didn't go with Matford they didn't return any enquiries, went with Taunton lr. On order evoque dynamic auto but can't definitely decide on colour! Was keen on Firenze but not sure may be boring and go for silver now as there seems to be a lot of White on order which I also liked!! Was one of the first to order there so I've been advised it will be late Sept. 
12-04-2011 10:27pm
gmaker

I can't believe how badly informed dealers seem to be and what different information people get. I placed my deposit last July and was one the first but still can't get an idea of delivery!!

This is my first Range Rover and find it amazing how they have loads of 'launch parties' all over the world but when it comes keeping their dealers up to date or releasing spec details or option information they seem lacking? Let's have some decent pictures of the different colours if nothing else. It seems to be the longest ever new car launch in history!! Let's hope the finished product is worth it.

MW73 - agree about the White, it seems most people are choosing this. Might change to santorini black although I think in real life the white will contrast nicely with all the black trim on the dynamic.
12-04-2011 10:50pm
Kermit

(12-04-2011 10:27pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  if you look at one of Vision*R's links you can see the Park Assist in action

Youtube:
13-04-2011 01:10am
paulus599

Decided I'm going to go for the 20" rims, 45 profile tyres have got to be some improvement on the 35 profiles that I currently run and they just look so much better than the 19's IMO (plus I would hate to see the local refurb centre go out of business Very Happy)

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
13-04-2011 05:35pm
bell-auto-services

I think ill try these i have already, they are a 275/45/20 which is slightly bigger in the sidewalls and circumfereance than the standard 245/45/20.

If they are to big ill try and fit some 275/40/20's to bring the overall size the same as the 45 profile ones.

Pete

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2011 07:09pm by bell-auto-services.)
13-04-2011 07:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply