Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque on top gear tonight
alsaamike

RE: Evoque on top gear tonight

Thanks for the link Blackseries.
Given that it's been over 100f every day for almost two weeks here in Texas and subpar a/c becomes evident quickly, I was glad Mr. May had no negative comments about the a/c performance. That fixed glass roof really concerns me tho'. Curious to experience it in the flesh. Hopefully soon.
11-07-2011 12:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

He was a tad sweaty so think that the ac wasn't as good as it could have been

On a well sunny day. You reckon with the pan roof and blind open it would be like an oven inside the car?
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 01:46am by vinda.)
11-07-2011 12:50am
Tony_T

(10-07-2011 11:01pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Its on YouTube........

Thanks so much.
Indus Silver it is.
11-07-2011 07:35am
Owend

(10-07-2011 10:11pm)Charlie Wrote:  You 5 door lovers fail to mention what we already all know is that the coupe looks much nicer and they agreed on TG.
I agree the electric seat movement could be faster but unless you drive with the drivers seat in the furthest back position it doesn't take that long to move forward and the rear access was fine.

Have you actually tried the electric eat movement in the coupe Charlie ???

it's not slow, it's ridiculously slow... I too prefer the coupe but it's unaceptable in a car of this stature...LR have got this part of the car WRONG
11-07-2011 09:38am
cutter7

My other concern is with carrying rear passengers kids, or adults (once you have got in) is how quick can these people get out if you have an accident!

Once again i'm not a five door lover! but this entrance design has been flagged up many times over the months, and people wanting a Coupe should be aware of this before you spend your hard earned money..
11-07-2011 09:53am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(11-07-2011 09:38am)Owend Wrote:  
(10-07-2011 10:11pm)Charlie Wrote:  You 5 door lovers fail to mention what we already all know is that the coupe looks much nicer and they agreed on TG.
I agree the electric seat movement could be faster but unless you drive with the drivers seat in the furthest back position it doesn't take that long to move forward and the rear access was fine.

Have you actually tried the electric eat movement in the coupe Charlie ???

it's not slow, it's ridiculously slow... I too prefer the coupe but it's unaceptable in a car of this stature...LR have got this part of the car WRONG
Yep, spent a long time at the NEC 'playing' with it. Main reason I went was to see what the access was like. You're making it seem like it takes 5 mins for it to move forward. TG gave a bad representation of the rear seat acesss. I don't know any 3
door cars that you could enter without moving the seat forward. The ideal scenario
would be both electric and manual operation as manual alone is impossible one handed. At least with a child in arms you can press the button!
11-07-2011 10:55am
Owend

I wonder if the Dynamic "recaro" sports seats have the same type of electric mechansim for 3 door coupes... !!!!

maybe one for evoqueexpert.. !!!! ??

he's been quiet lately....
11-07-2011 11:34am
cutter7

I feel concerned for the drivers of a 3 door, stopping to pick somebody up. Because they have to get out of the car push the button, then wait for the seat to go forward to let the passenger squeeze in the back, and then wait for it to go backwards again!!! not to good if its chucking it down with rain!

Maybe, RR will look at this problem by fitting an awning, either side of the roof. Laughing

I'm only joking..
11-07-2011 01:36pm
cjfp

Just spoke to LR Customer Services about this and was told that 'if it was mentioned as an issue on TopGear then the engineers will be all over it and it will be sorted for production models' - Fingers crossed!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-07-2011 01:46pm
cutter7

I can't believe that production has started for customer orders, and that no designer/engineer has flagged this concern up, before any Coupes were built in the first place ?
11-07-2011 01:55pm