Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque on top gear tonight
cjfp

RE: Evoque on top gear tonight

It may well be flagged. I would think that the TopGear cars were probably the same ones from the Evoque live events and were therefore still classed as 'Pre Production'.

Again, I'm sure (hope) that LR are reading all these blogs and will be running around fixing things on our every word!

What has happened to EvoqueExpert and EvoqueMaker - both v quiet of late.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 02:00pm by cjfp.)
11-07-2011 02:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owend

(11-07-2011 01:55pm)cutter7 Wrote:  I can't believe that production has started for customer orders, and that no designer/engineer has flagged this concern up, before any Coupes were built in the first place ?

looking at some of the build Quality of previous RR....... hmmmm.... it scares me, but I reckon it'll be forced on us as a feature, and be addressed in a facelift in 3 years time. Why would they do anything when they have people queing to buy this model....???
11-07-2011 02:08pm
Sassy

(10-07-2011 10:11pm)Charlie Wrote:  You 5 door lovers fail to mention what we already all know is that the coupe looks much nicer and they agreed on TG.
I agree the electric seat movement could be faster but unless you drive with the drivers seat in the furthest back position it doesn't take that long to move forward and the rear access was fine.

Thankfully as I am 5ft3 my seat will always be in the furthest forward position anyway.

I can see Big Jezza's point, although it's exactly the same in many other cars (Bentley Continental electric slide takes ages and doesn't always work) and I would hope if you have or are planning to have children you would at least get a five door, or even give the Evoque a miss altogether (Can't imagine the boot is pram-friendly).

Evoque is not aimed at families, it's aimed at current drivers of the likes of top end Minis and Audi TTs... They, like me, are likely to be childless, and rarely carrying passengers, and therefore entirely unconcerned with the mechanism for getting people into the back of their Evoque coupe!

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
11-07-2011 02:09pm
cutter7

(11-07-2011 02:09pm)Sassy Wrote:  
(10-07-2011 10:11pm)Charlie Wrote:  You 5 door lovers fail to mention what we already all know is that the coupe looks much nicer and they agreed on TG.
I agree the electric seat movement could be faster but unless you drive with the drivers seat in the furthest back position it doesn't take that long to move forward and the rear access was fine.

Thankfully as I am 5ft3 my seat will always be in the furthest forward position anyway.

I can see Big Jezza's point, although it's exactly the same in many other cars (Bentley Continental electric slide takes ages and doesn't always work) and I would hope if you have or are planning to have children you would at least get a five door, or even give the Evoque a miss altogether (Can't imagine the boot is pram-friendly).

Evoque is not aimed at families, it's aimed at current drivers of the likes of top end Minis and Audi TTs... They, like me, are likely to be childless, and rarely carrying passengers, and therefore entirely unconcerned with the mechanism for getting people into the back of their Evoque coupe!

Well lets hope it's called the 3 door Evoque and not the Ejoke!
11-07-2011 02:15pm
cjfp

It's ok, i've worked it out. It's quicker to open the boot, put one of the rear seats down, climb over and get in that way!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-07-2011 02:17pm
cutter7

(11-07-2011 02:17pm)cjfp Wrote:  It's ok, i've worked it out. It's quicker to open the boot, put one of the rear seats down, climb over and get in that way!

I do that now in my BM Tourer when the c/locking fuse blows Laughing Really!!
11-07-2011 02:19pm
Sassy

(11-07-2011 02:15pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Well lets hope it's called the 3 door Evoque and not the Ejoke!

Don't see why it would be. Like I said, if you need daily access to rear seats and you order a coupe car (any kind of coupe) then you're not the smartest sandwich at the picnic.

In the Evoque's case they have clearly provided an alternative to the coupe for those who do require quick and simple access to the rear.

simples.

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
11-07-2011 02:22pm
Owend

Wouldnt mind seeing J.Lo trying to get in the back of a 3 door coupe ..in that silver mini dress she wore in her video.....

ahhhhhhhhhh.....

oops sorry ..that was off topic...
11-07-2011 02:23pm
cjfp

(11-07-2011 02:23pm)Owend Wrote:  Wouldnt mind seeing J.Lo trying to get in the back of a 3 door coupe ..in that silver mini dress she wore in her video.....

ahhhhhhhhhh.....

off topic ... but a point well made!
New thread - Girls (or Boys) that you'd like to see trying to climb into the back of an Evoque Coupe

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 02:25pm by cjfp.)
11-07-2011 02:24pm
cutter7

(11-07-2011 02:24pm)cjfp Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:23pm)Owend Wrote:  Wouldnt mind seeing J.Lo trying to get in the back of a 3 door coupe ..in that silver mini dress she wore in her video.....

ahhhhhhhhhh.....

off topic ... but a point well made!
New thread - Girls (or Boys) that you'd like to see trying to climb into the back of an Evoque Coupe
Dale Winton!!
11-07-2011 02:31pm