Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque on top gear tonight
cutter7

RE: Evoque on top gear tonight

The entrance into the rear of the coupe needs a manual slide, rather than electric (to slow) then there would be less waiting time outside to gain entrance into the rear!

I also remember from the NEC, that the forward travel is restricted to how far forward it will go, so for certain larger size people it's still a struggle with the back of the seat hinged forward to gain entrance (i'm medium build and height and i struggled in and out) I really wanted a coupe, but because of this design choose the 5 door instead.

Top gear have pointed this out as well tonight, and i'm so glad now i made the right decision to go with the 5 door, and James May was very fair with his comments.
10-07-2011 09:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DJ2Tall

(10-07-2011 09:46pm)cutter7 Wrote:  The entrance into the rear of the coupe needs a manual slide, rather than electric (to slow) then there would be less waiting time outside to gain entrance into the rear!

I also remember from the NEC, that the forward travel is restricted to how far forward it will go, so for certain larger size people it's still a struggle with the back of the seat hinged forward to gain entrance (i'm medium build and height and i struggled in and out) I really wanted a coupe, but because of this design choose the 5 door instead.

Top gear have pointed this out as well tonight, and i'm so glad now i made the right decision to go with the 5 door, and James May was very fair with his comments.

Agreed!

Put my order in today for Fuji White 5 dr Dynamic but chose black contrast roof. Might change this to White after seeing Top Gear! Thought it looked great just White with pana roof.
10-07-2011 09:50pm
Tony_T

(10-07-2011 09:31pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(10-07-2011 09:11pm)Tony_T Wrote:  Come on guys, more info, some of us have to wait for it to be on the net

Main points:-

The car was much more capable than it needed to be (off road). Drove at 70 mph along a river bed - adaptive dynamics seemed to be doing a very good job. The ride was very smooth.
He thought the HiFi was good (not sure if it was the standard one or not).
They showed the surround cameras and the suspension monitoring software – he liked those.
He said the car felt like a real Range Rover because it felt special.
They showed the car "handshake" on start up – gear lever / dials etc..
It showed the ambient lighting - nicely. I think it shows that the edges of speakers light up at night as well - it may have been reflections – but looked cool.

Re the £43K comment I think he meant a Prestige like this - ie with AD, Pano roof, surround cameras etc. comes in at £43k which is about right (mine does)
All in all very positive - apart from the time it took the seat to move forward on the Coupe and the size of the door mirrors (too big... is that a problem.....) Oh and rear seat space.

Thanks
10-07-2011 09:53pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

You 5 door lovers fail to mention what we already all know is that the coupe looks much nicer and they agreed on TG.
I agree the electric seat movement could be faster but unless you drive with the drivers seat in the furthest back position it doesn't take that long to move forward and the rear access was fine.
10-07-2011 10:11pm
bell-auto-services

I enjoyed the report to be honest and it gave me more confidence in my choice.

Though ive orderd the coupe and getting in the back may take a little longer on my daily school run, the amount of times i use my car for any lenght of time with people in the back is so little im now happy with my coupe choice after the comments about its looks. i think lol.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
10-07-2011 10:24pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

[quote='Charlie' pid='4706' dateline='1310332302']
You 5 door lovers fail to mention what we already all know is that the coupe looks much nicer and they agreed on TG.
I agree the electric seat movement could be faster but unless you drive with the drivers seat in the furthest back position it doesn't take that long to move forward and the rear access was fine
[/quote

I must of been looking at a different car?

I'm not a 5 door lover, i prefer the coupe but as a family car, it's just that the coupe is not practical for me.
10-07-2011 10:25pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

As everyone says I think it got a good thumbs up and I think we should all feel pretty smug we've got deposits/orders in. Be interesting to know how many calls dealers will get tomorrow on the back of the show. Not so great to be told a years waiting list.
10-07-2011 10:36pm
cjfp

If only LR could make us more smug by confirming to all us early depositors that we are gonna see our cars this side of xmas and that there isn't a problem with the Pan roof

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-07-2011 10:47pm
Blackseries

Its on YouTube........

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 11:09pm by Blackseries.)
10-07-2011 11:01pm
vinda

The evoque section was pretty brief and not really informative. Just solidified everything on here. Good for the ad test I guess
Plus. I thought they tested a red on that was on the Facebook link!??

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...8845605044
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 01:45am by vinda.)
11-07-2011 12:47am