Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Haggling
Bomberboy

RE: Evoque Haggling

(11-04-2012 07:58am)ravinath Wrote:  I got a 3.5k discount by just sitting in the Sales Managers office and persisting. I also managed to get free Privacy Glass option and the Corporate Package (3 years free servicing). I ordered mine in early december and got a call to say it will be here in 2 weeks. I asked the sales guy to run through the specs and they seem to have made a mistake with the trim finish.....so I will be asking for some more freebies or more of a discount. We'll see what happens.

So.... they told you you would have it in January but you dont have in April???

Do you have the delivery date written on the contract of sale? if so, they've failed on their side and you can probably seek out an even better deal free of your contract given the large numbers of evoques sitting at dealers.

Dynamic Si4, Fuji, Contrast panoramic roof, 20"Sparkle mags, Lotsa inside goodies
Build, sometime Feb
Delivered April 2012
12-04-2012 03:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MH

Hi everyone!

New to the forums Smile

I just noticed this forum, and thought I must post incase others are already about to order there Evoques (Very exciting can't wait to recieve ours!)
I noticed alot of people didn't get much off the price? Also noticed a few went to Trivett Parramatta and also didn't get much?

Well we purchased our 2012 (picking up mid-may) and its a Evoque, Dynamic, white, black roof, glass roof, black mirrors, 20" wheels, leather and all the other fun bits, I think the only things we didn't get were the all around cameras but we have the rear camera and park assist, no navigator, that was it all the rest the dyna comes with is on there, also the price for navigator is $6k but with luxury car tax (total price) came to around $9k! The car came to around $91500, we negotiated down to.... $82500! Don't forget also, they purchased the car for $75k so there making there profit still!

So the deal is out there just depends on the bargaining power you have! I also said that I would take there counter-offer and take it to another dealership to get even lower on what there offering.

Hope it helps!

P.S

This is driveaway price, not a dollar more.
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 09:43am by MH.)
21-04-2012 09:28am
Neo

(21-04-2012 09:28am)MH Wrote:  Hi everyone!

New to the forums Smile

I just noticed this forum, and thought I must post incase others are already about to order there Evoques (Very exciting can't wait to recieve ours!)
I noticed alot of people didn't get much off the price? Also noticed a few went to Trivett Parramatta and also didn't get much?

Well we purchased our 2012 (picking up mid-may) and its a Evoque, Dynamic, white, black roof, glass roof, black mirrors, 20" wheels, leather and all the other fun bits, I think the only things we didn't get were the all around cameras but we have the rear camera and park assist, no navigator, that was it all the rest the dyna comes with is on there, also the price for navigator is $6k but with luxury car tax (total price) came to around $9k! The car came to around $91500, we negotiated down to.... $82500! Don't forget also, they purchased the car for $75k so there making there profit still!

So the deal is out there just depends on the bargaining power you have! I also said that I would take there counter-offer and take it to another dealership to get even lower on what there offering.

Hope it helps!

P.S

This is driveaway price, not a dollar more.

Good going MH. I've been to Trivett Parra as well and they were not very negotiable. Funny, I got $10k off for my one at their sister company Trivett Alexandria, hehe

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
21-04-2012 12:18pm
MH

Could of been a number of reasons, but we were very straight about it, there werent 'ohh can we get this or get this' we new exactly what we wanted and we bargained the price off them..

I think it also comes down to how there day is going also, we did go in the morning? Helps maybe?

Fuji White Dynamic, Si4, Glass roof, Black painted roof, R.Camera, Park assist, 20" wheels, black leather trim + extras!, waiting for arrival on May 17th-21st!
21-04-2012 11:48pm
occlusion

I had bad experience with Trivett Alexandria, early January 2012. They weren't giving a cent of discount, and terrible delay correspondence. Now may be because they have too many Evoque on the market, thats why they are prepare to negotiate!
Took my business to Purnell LR, and save myself a few thousands dollars. Good luck with the new cars.
22-04-2012 01:15am
Bomberboy

Thanks MH for the update on the current haggling situation at dealers. As you can see from previous posts, many purchases were made prerelease or first month of sales and hence the significantly less discounts. No surprises there.

Btw MH, can you please clarify for future buyers whether your purchase was 1. A custom order from scratch, or 2. A modification to an order the dealer already has in their system? I think the latter would attract a greater discount given the current stock excess at dealers, but still not as much as 2011 stock unsold which dealers have in 'odd' specs.

Dynamic Si4, Fuji, Contrast panoramic roof, 20"Sparkle mags, Lotsa inside goodies
Build, sometime Feb
Delivered April 2012
22-04-2012 01:48am
MH

(22-04-2012 01:48am)Bomberboy Wrote:  Thanks MH for the update on the current haggling situation at dealers. As you can see from previous posts, many purchases were made prerelease or first month of sales and hence the significantly less discounts. No surprises there.

Btw MH, can you please clarify for future buyers whether your purchase was 1. A custom order from scratch, or 2. A modification to an order the dealer already has in their system? I think the latter would attract a greater discount given the current stock excess at dealers, but still not as much as 2011 stock unsold which dealers have in 'odd' specs.

No problems, I can even put up our purchase sheet. But yes we bought the car brand new and built it to our specs!

I think the only few things we didnt get were,

Power rear door, sat nav, all around cameras (but we have the reverse camera and park assist) and also the 20" I think number 6? Its not the spoke ones, it more circuliar.

Also reason for not having sat nav is that we live only 500m from work and for drives we like to pre-organise everything so we thought it wasn't worth the almost $8.5k!

Also we purchased in September last year, but because originally we didn't want the PANO roof, then we decided that we wanted the PANO roof now and it was delayed a month, but we wanted a 2012 build pick up is mid may 2012 (7 month wait, ugghh).

We were walk-ins and decided to purchase order that day, and we did negotiate for about 40 mins before we got the deal across, I just said to them if $85k is the lowest your going to go (from negotiating already down from the $91.5k), then print out the spec sheet and I'm heading to another dealer with that price in hand, they decided against it (he actually didn't want to give me the spec sheet, it actually took about 10 mins to recieve) then he left again came back with a price of around $83500, and I said straight out, "we were going to leave a deposit and order today but we want it at $82500", I also said "your going to lose a customer for a grand?" Because right now I know another dealership today will take $82500 if not less. He tried calling my bluff, I said "no problem I'll get the fax numbers from parra to where ever they sell evoques and one of them, I can guarantee will give me the price I want."

So the deal went through $82500k, I wont get any of the payed options either, like tints, paint protection and all that crap as I have family in a number of business that can organise this for me.

All the paint protection stuff I think is rubbish, because if my paint started to fade after 2/3 years, I'll be back with warranty in hand, because do they void insurance or your warranty if you don't get paint protection, if its paint protection it would be within the paint, remember if you buff the car your cutting a layout of clear coat off, wheres the protections gone?

Also with the protectant underneath the car is another gimmick in my eyes, I honestly can't see a special 'gel' additive that would self fuse holes under neath the carriage if something pierced the under body. Same goes for the leather protection and all the other protections, I can't see the car wasting away into rust anytime soon, look at all the second hand cars out there still?

Thats my side I guess Smile

Fuji White Dynamic, Si4, Glass roof, Black painted roof, R.Camera, Park assist, 20" wheels, black leather trim + extras!, waiting for arrival on May 17th-21st!
22-04-2012 04:54am
Capital

(21-04-2012 09:28am)MH Wrote:  Well we purchased our 2012 (picking up mid-may) and its a Evoque, Dynamic, white, black roof, glass roof, black mirrors, 20" wheels, leather and all the other fun bits, I think the only things we didn't get were the all around cameras but we have the rear camera and park assist, no navigator, that was it all the rest the dyna comes with is on there, also the price for navigator is $6k but with luxury car tax (total price) came to around $9k! The car came to around $91500, we negotiated down to.... $82500!
Navigation by itself is $3400 with GST when you include LCT it brings it up by just over $900 so at $4,300 it is expensive but well short of the $9,000 claimed. As part of the Dynamic Tech Pack you add just under 8k to the price inclusive of LCT but you get a lot more than just sat nav and you would need to deduct the rear camera and the front parking sensors from your price as you get them with the pack, so you take about $1800 off the after LCT price of the Tech Pack.

Well done on your overall price. You saved a bit more than many but to wait from September 11 to May 12 you would want to. I got about 5% off mine but have been driving it since November. For me the 7 months of use makes the price comparison look good.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 01:46am by Capital.)
22-04-2012 09:47pm
MH

Well see we got all that except the NAV, but thats what the dealer said, at first I didn't understand it also? Maybe thats the reason that sales man was 'encouraged' to leave?

23-04-2012 04:32am
Wacka76

Recently negotiated a heavily spec'd TD4 Pure.

Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20 inch Style 6 wheels, Pure Tech pack, Rear Air-con vents, Front parking aids, Clearview Pack, Folding Mirrors, Heated Front seats, and corporate package with the free servicing for 3 yrs, for $69,500 drive away.

Will get it tuned/chipped after delivery. Wife is extremely happy!
30-04-2012 11:59am