Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk
cjfp

RE: Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk

(14-09-2013 06:07pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  +1 They said they had to replace it regardless off it needed doing or not as it was a recall.so all done along with 1st service and software update.

My FL2 was in for the spill rail, was checked and nothing done as it was ok - good to see that theres a consistent message being given by the dealers ....... again.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-09-2013 07:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jjgray

Sounds like the problem I experienced & described in the thread "Evoque Fire". The solution was to source a new spill rail. Get yours checked/fixed asap.

By the way m_101, Taggarts Maryhill certainly know about the incident, even if they didn't know about the recall when you asked!

I am glad the recall mentions risk of "fire". When I first reported it they would only admit there was a "thermal event"! Thanks to a neighbour having a fire extinguisher handy when i got home, the event was terminated before any other parts got damaged.
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 01:47pm by jjgray.)
23-09-2013 01:46pm
m_101

Oh dear JJG - that sounds pretty bad!
Taggarts have looked at mine and said that no action was required. Fingers crossed for no problems from it.
I'm still waiting for a call back from them regarding getting some of the rattles sorted though! Might give them a call today and see when I can drop the car back in and talk to them about the sat nav issue as well.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-09-2013 12:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Spill Rail issue isn't an issue for all Diesel Evoques, only those in a certain VIN range. Nobody has said yet whether there are Ford Focuses and Mondeos/Citroens/Peugeots/ and XF Jaguars that have the same issue as they all share the same 2.2 TD engine, made by Ford

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-09-2013 03:35pm
Stevemac1

(24-09-2013 03:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The Spill Rail issue isn't an issue for all Diesel Evoques, only those in a certain VIN range. Nobody has said yet whether there are Ford Focuses and Mondeos/Citroens/Peugeots/ and XF Jaguars that have the same issue as they all share the same 2.2 TD engine, made by Ford

My local dealer said they've only had an XF with the spill rail issue, no Evoques yet..mine gets checked Monday..

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
28-09-2013 10:21am
Donny Dog

It appears that no actual recalls ever occurred for this, despite it being a supposed fire risk. My car was in last week to have the TV tuner/speaker feedback/radio cut-out issue sorted and re-fix the offside front door, and they just mentioned that they would be doing the spill rail check in passing. They also did an unspecified additional software update, but I couldn't get any information on what that comprised.
08-11-2013 03:15pm
Rxa

I got the recall notice through the post earlier in the week. I will get it checked out when my car goes in for its first service at the end of the month.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
08-11-2013 04:07pm
RacingSnake

(08-11-2013 03:15pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It appears that no actual recalls ever occurred for this, despite it being a supposed fire risk.
??
It's on Vosa's site - and as soon as I heard about it I contacted the dealer, they confirmed there was a recall, booked my car in and changed the rail.

(although I believe the issue is with the original fitment rather than the rail itself)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-11-2013 05:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mike

Just spoke to dealer as had someone in the back who could smell diesel. They told me to ring landrover assist and not to drive, also told me my vehicle is on the recall list, but I haven't received a letter yet.Crying

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
08-11-2013 06:05pm
Donny Dog

(08-11-2013 05:15pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  ??
It's on Vosa's site - and as soon as I heard about it I contacted the dealer, they confirmed there was a recall, booked my car in and changed the rail.

(although I believe the issue is with the original fitment rather than the rail itself)

I meant 'recall' in the sense of owners being notified individually and the cars literally being recalled. I wouldn't have known anything about it except for reading the information in this forum.

(PS What's 'Vosa'??)
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 06:49pm by Donny Dog.)
08-11-2013 06:48pm