Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk
RacingSnake

RE: Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk

Ah, ok.

Vosa is the "Vehicle and Operator Services Agency".
The UK body which denotes whether it's a recall and the dealer "must" address it, or just a service measure where they can address it if you come into the dealer for something else - where you won't get told about it.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/...=Blank&tx=

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-11-2013 06:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IvorRedOne

Phoned up my Dealership/Servicing Team and confirmed mine was to be recalled at some stage. Asked them to do it before the recall letter and they obliged. Car was in and out within two hours. Smile
08-11-2013 07:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(08-11-2013 06:57pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Ah, ok.

Vosa is the "Vehicle and Operator Services Agency".
The UK body which denotes whether it's a recall and the dealer "must" address it, or just a service measure where they can address it if you come into the dealer for something else - where you won't get told about it.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/...=Blank&tx=

Thanks! Is this website intended for dealers or for the general public as well? If it is for the latter, how do the general public normally get to know about it??

If I understand the options you list correctly, however, this one was the type specifically requiring a recall and that has been the case since it was issued on 27 August. So why didn't they issue a recall?? My car was only looked at because I happened to be in the garage having something entirely unrelated dealt with. As I said before, my only knowledge of this problem was what I read on here, and I had previously assumed (incorrectly as it turns out) that my vehicle was not affected for the very reason that it hadn't been recalled. This seems totally unsatisfactory to me - surely the onus should not be on the customer.

(08-11-2013 07:26pm)IvorRedOne Wrote:  Phoned up my Dealership/Servicing Team and confirmed mine was to be recalled at some stage. Asked them to do it before the recall letter and they obliged. Car was in and out within two hours. Smile

This echoes my point - the recall notice was issued on 27 August! If cars are to be recalled 'at some stage', what about the supposed fire risk in the meantime? Surely this should have been treated as a matter of urgency for all affected vehicles.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 11:31am by Donny Dog.)
09-11-2013 11:29am
RacingSnake

You will have a letter in the post (I guess)... but for what its worth mine "was affected", but I haven't got a letter either.
No the website isn't a dealer website, it's general public too.

A couple of years ago I got a letter from the main dealer of my old car (I still owned it at the time), but my car was 23 years old - and yep, sent me a recall letter and sure enough had the work carried out. It was a 1990 car!! LOL

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
09-11-2013 07:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(09-11-2013 07:29pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  You will have a letter in the post (I guess)... but for what its worth mine "was affected", but I haven't got a letter either.
No the website isn't a dealer website, it's general public too.

A couple of years ago I got a letter from the main dealer of my old car (I still owned it at the time), but my car was 23 years old - and yep, sent me a recall letter and sure enough had the work carried out. It was a 1990 car!! LOL

I still can't understand why letters wouldn't have been sent out as soon as the recall requirement was announced, especially given the supposed fire risk. Imagine if an affected car which hadn't yet been recalled had set on fire (even due to an unrelated cause) in the interim - would Land Rover be at risk of being sued?

The only reasons for not recalling affected cars that I can think of would be (a) bad publicity, (b) cost, © logistical problem of having so many cars to check or (d) they didn't believe that the risk of a fire was sufficiently serious and/or the recall wasn't intended to be mandatory (although it reads that way on the VOSA site). Even if it were (d), the potential litigation risk to Land Rover if a car set on fire after they became aware of the problem still appears to exist.
10-11-2013 12:08am
KaDargo

This is still ongoing it seems, as I received a recall letter yesterday.

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
08-02-2014 09:20am
Evo-king

I got the letter last week, bought the car in April 2012, it went in this Thursday, I was probably there for 45 minutes.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-02-2014 07:01pm
Sarcastrix

Still not had a letter or any contact from LR even though mine is in the VIN range Banging Head I just wish it would hurry up and catch alight thenI could get shot of it! Twisted Evil

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
10-04-2014 01:13pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi All,

Just a quick note, for any vehicles that fall within the VIN range the letters have been sent out. However, this does rely on owner details provided to us from vehicle registration, so there can be times where a customer does not receive any notice.

If you have any concern or feel your vehicle may fall within the VIN range, I would advise that you contact your local Land Rover Approved dealership to raise your concern and arrange a booking should the recall apply to your vehicle.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
10-04-2014 01:31pm
Sarcastrix

Pete@LandRover, I've not moved house since 2005 - from my past dealings with LR CS I consider them to be about reliable as their cars.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
10-04-2014 02:20pm