Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISASTER :-(
mark_n

RE: DISASTER :-(

Impossible to know whether that flexibility would ever be available for the Evoque. If you have the job of painting a new bodyshell every 2 minutes or less, you have more to worry about than pandering to users' questionnable taste and they like to paint cars of the same colour in a run.

As for whether it makes sense to switch cars just to get out of the Pano Roof, difficult to say. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the roofs randomly cracking due to body stress and it's likely yours was damaged by a flying stone. Even though yours was from a lorry in the other direction, I find it always makes sense to keep well back from the car in front, less paint chips and the roof adds another reason to. I think you were just unlucky.

Ultimately, it will come down to whether you fancy a change. With the Evoque selling so well, I doubt there will be a need to freshen it for a couple of years.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-09-2012 07:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(14-09-2012 11:27pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Yep, like living in a tin roofed shed when it rains, not much by way of sound deadening in order to save weight! Roof certainly has a lot of flex in it as it is pretty thin guage aluminium. Still at least it won't leak!

I can't believe that people have such an issue with rain on the tin roof. You can hear the rain on all tin roofed cars, it's just a bit louder on the evoque. In my experience you can only hear it when you stop and don't have the stereo on. So in summary to for this to be a "problem" it has to be p!$$ing down, you have to be stationary and your music needs to be off.
In reality, how long are you stopped when it's raining on a typical journey. Not long, even here up north

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-09-2012 10:31am
ChuckieB

(17-09-2012 10:31am)speary Wrote:  In reality, how long are you stopped when it's raining on a typical journey. Not long, even here up north

M25 daily. Try itLaughing

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-09-2012 04:35pm