Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Coupe Rear Seats
LP

RE: Coupe Rear Seats

I was looking for some pictures of the different seat formats when I came across this:
http://www.coroflot.com/pollard_24/Range...eat-Design

Based on the design brief the seats are from a feeelander but with different foam/support.
27-07-2011 10:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brommy

(27-07-2011 10:34pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(27-07-2011 10:15pm)brommy Wrote:  In the short time I've been on this forum, I've already read posts from people with kids or people that say they regularly carry back seat passengers who are still choosing the Coupe; strange but true. Despite being a 3 door, they will be looking to avoid the restriction of just 2 rear seats.

You look puzzled (Confused) by the relative importance of a rear armrest. Obviously not a top priority but I do believe it adds to the comfort of 2 rear passengers. My rear armrest is used frequently when I carry adult friends. I find it strange that when the Evoque loses a rear seat it also loses the armrest function; just when there is a gaping space left for it!

It would be interesting to understand LR's decision to make the 3 seats standard, with the 2 seats as an option (currently no charge). Unless there is someone important at LR who is constantly pushing for the Evoque to remain as true to the LRX as possible, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 seat rear is phased out in future years.

So what we are saying is, that like most things in life, it's down to personal preference and how we will use the car. To me that's great not strange, otherwise we would all be ordering exactly the same cars - how boring would that be?

I think we should have as much choice as possible and respect anyone's right to order their car in bright pink, if that's what they wish. Hopefully they would realise that it would cost them more money to own that car but it should still be their choice to make.

I believe the original discussion was referenced against resale value, particularly when 2 rear seats in a 5 door car was mentioned - something that would affect resale value and therefore the cost of ownership. 2 seats in a 3 door may or may not cost the owner more, but it should still be their right to choose.Smile
27-07-2011 11:27pm
3VOQU3

Personally if i could have the 5 door with the 2 rear seat i would.. Its about personal choice.. I dont have kids, and dont take passengers too often, but still like the practicality of having a 5 door. I currently have a big 4wd, and the rear armrests and cupholders have been used exactly once.. Its all about personal choice

Plus you can get out of being a taxi with the oh i've only got 3 seats line.. Smile

If you want to cart around your friends all the time why dont you just buy a mini van..

As said before the 'set packages' are very disappointing, I like the look of the dynamic, the interior of the prestige, and at over $13,000 cheaper the price of the pure..
28-07-2011 03:45am
cjfp

(27-07-2011 09:38pm)paulus599 Wrote:  OK, 99% is probably a little high, but that was the result of the poll I carried out in our house. Very Happy

Hmm, 99% in your house! - How large is your household to get a result of 99%?!Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-07-2011 06:09am
cjfp

Having now really seen "2 seats", I still want them.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-07-2011 04:22pm
brommy

(31-07-2011 04:22pm)cjfp Wrote:  Having now really seen "2 seats", I still want them.

Looking at the photo my immediate thought is:

What a waste of the space!

I can't see how they are any "better looking" than 3 seats; they are just rear seats after all. What is obvious though, is that 2 seats are 50% less practical than 3, if not for the first buyer, then potentially for the second.
31-07-2011 05:20pm
vision*R

The effect is nicer with contrasting leather. Now you just get the idea of an uncomfortable rear bench. With contrasting leather the seats stand out from the middle part.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
31-07-2011 05:39pm
cjfp

Like the vast majority of the 'discussions' that go on here, it is all down to personal likes/dislikes and circumstance - so no-one is either right or wrong (unless they disagree with me, then they are obviously wrong! lol).

31-07-2011 05:43pm
paulus599

(31-07-2011 05:43pm)cjfp Wrote:  Like the vast majority of the 'discussions' that go on here, it is all down to personal likes/dislikes and circumstance - so no-one is either right or wrong (unless they disagree with me, then they are obviously wrong! lol).

Well I agree with you, so that makes us both right Very Happy
(31-07-2011 05:20pm)brommy Wrote:  Looking at the photo my immediate thought is:

What a waste of the space!

I can't see how they are any "better looking" than 3 seats; they are just rear seats after all. What is obvious though, is that 2 seats are 50% less practical than 3, if not for the first buyer, then potentially for the second.

Brommy, can't you give it a rest about the second hand market. I, and I'm sure everyone else on here, will be speccing their cars to their own tastes and requirements. While we may have to consider resale, I certainly won't spec something I don't particularly like or want, just because it may or may not add a couple of hundred pounds to the sale price in 3 or 4 years time.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2011 09:49pm by paulus599.)
31-07-2011 09:38pm
Sassy

I thought the two seat rear looked a bit thin and cheap in terms of finish to be honest, especially in the contrast leathers. The three seat bench set up is more substantial.

My dealer told me today that the three seat set up is now standard on all models and you have to specifically spec it with two seats if you want that.

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
01-08-2011 03:29pm