Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cirrus leather and jeans
PhilSkill

RE: Cirrus leather and jeans

(29-04-2013 04:43pm)heronb Wrote:  Cif really!! Very abrasive stuff and I wouldn't have thought it would do it any good and would probably take some protection off.

The staining happened after a couple of hundred miles hence the question, I'll be going for the gtechniq stuff.

This reminds me of a friend who used Pledge to bring out a lovely shine on his LexusShocked

CIF! How to eventually wear off the painted leather finish! Yes all leathers coloured. I use gWash to wet clean, or cleaner wipes

The dye will transfer, its dye, its what its good at, deffo protection and top up required occasionally! Reminds me of a cheap pair of shorts I bought in Aus, went in the sea, layed on the beach and then in the evening found I had blue stained thighs!

I guess pledge is wax after all, not sure the longevity would be that good!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-04-2013 10:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(29-04-2013 04:43pm)heronb Wrote:  Cif really!! Very abrasive stuff and I wouldn't have thought it would do it any good and would probably take some protection off.

The staining happened after a couple of hundred miles hence the question, I'll be going for the gtechniq stuff.

This reminds me of a friend who used Pledge to bring out a lovely shine on his LexusShocked

I've used Cif (and it's predecessor, Jif) for years on very light leather to no ill effect. I don't go mad with it, applying as little Cif and as little pressure as is sufficient to shift the muck. (Like I say, I keep cars for many years as well).
29-04-2013 11:03pm
PhilSkill

I guess if youre very gentle and use sparingly, it is a good cleaner.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-04-2013 11:04pm
Mark^^

I use Swissvax leather cleaner which is great for cleaning anything off leather and then use Swissvax Leather milk, has kept my leather looking new for years

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
30-04-2013 06:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Gliptone leather cleaner and then their feed/ polish is very good.
One comment - my last FFRR had Ivory leather and I never suffered a problem with jeans dye, maybe because I'm too mean to spend money on expensive jeans and buy Marks and Spencer Jeans that must have less dye in them! The only staining I ever suffered on those seats was on the seat back from a new brown leather belt and nothing I found would take that leather polish stain out.
The Gliptone air fresheners are great too - they smell of new polished leather and everybody thinks your car has the most amazing leather scent all the time!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 09:26am by XFullFatTim.)
30-04-2013 09:25am
speary

If you have already got the blue staining, dont use the Gtechniq L1 until you have cleaned up the stains as it might seal them in Shocked FOREVER

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
30-04-2013 01:01pm
recordman

Thanks for the tip about Gliptone Tim. I knew one could buy leather scent but didn't know where from.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 02:37pm by recordman.)
30-04-2013 02:32pm
heronb

(30-04-2013 01:01pm)speary Wrote:  If you have already got the blue staining, dont use the Gtechniq L1 until you have cleaned up the stains as it might seal them in Shocked FOREVER

Good point, well made.Smile
30-04-2013 03:01pm
heronb

Well I can say the W2 cleaner has worked a treat, very good, and the L1 has been applied and it looks ok. So far so good.
05-05-2013 06:50pm
mklam90

Guys, so my L1 bottle have just arrived and I've just applied today, I was just wondering how often should I re-apply? I can't seems to find the information anywhere. Thanks!

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
08-05-2013 01:22pm