Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cirrus leather and jeans
PhilSkill

RE: Cirrus leather and jeans

(08-05-2013 01:22pm)mklam90 Wrote:  Guys, so my L1 bottle have just arrived and I've just applied today, I was just wondering how often should I re-apply? I can't seems to find the information anywhere. Thanks!

I re-apply on the drivers seat each time I do a full interior clean,

See Here,

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/int...her-guard/

gTechniq Wrote:What's special about GTECHNIQ L1 Leather Guard?
GTECHNIQ L1 Leather Guard offers the best of its type protection against friction and staining. The friction protection is particularly important on seat bolsters, seat piping and any other high wear areas. The anti stain function is particularly worthwhile on light coloured leathers that are typically stained by dark coloured fabrics such as indigo jeans.

Myth buster
Many leather products market themselves on how they feed leather. In fact your car's leather seats are first coated with a very fine emulsion to give them the desired colour and then a clear coat. So for best longevity you should be keeping that coating as well protected as possible which is exactly what L1 does. These same companies would also have you believe you should feed your car's acrylic or polyester urethane paint finish with olive, cantaloupe, sunflower and coconut oils...!

How do I get the best from this product?
For best results apply to new or recently recoloured leather. For used leather first clean using a 1:20 dilution of GTECHNIQ W2 Universal Cleaner, allow to dry and then coat with a thin layer of L1. Allow the product to dry for 30 minutes before use.

For the very best results clean and then reapply a coat of L1 on high wear areas every 3 months and for less stressed leather every 6 months.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-05-2013 01:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mklam90

(08-05-2013 01:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I re-apply on the drivers seat each time I do a full interior clean,

See Here,

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/int...her-guard/

ohh, thank you Phil

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
08-05-2013 01:53pm
PhilSkill

Hope it does the trick for you! Thumbs Up

If you get into Gtechniq stuff, try C2v3, its supposed to be amazing, I use C2v2 and that is great to apply after a wash without even drying the car first and then buff to a great shine and gives great protection too.

P.S. I have no affiliation with gTechniq, just a pleased user of their products!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
08-05-2013 01:58pm
mklam90

(08-05-2013 01:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hope it does the trick for you! Thumbs Up

If you get into Gtechniq stuff, try C2v3, its supposed to be amazing, I use C2v2 and that is great to apply after a wash without even drying the car first and then buff to a great shine and gives great protection too.

P.S. I have no affiliation with gTechniq, just a pleased user of their products!

Oh, sounds great, I've been looking for some sort of paint protection as well, but there's just too many of them.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
08-05-2013 02:05pm
gabhishekanand

Any alternative for gtechniq w2 universal cleaner for USA users ?
09-05-2013 01:18am
speary

(08-05-2013 01:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hope it does the trick for you! Thumbs Up

I had C2 V1 which was applied with a cloth to dry paint and could be used as a diluted spray for topping up, i then bought some more which was V2 this says apply as a neat spray to a wet car or diluted to a dry car and then dry and buff, V3 is now back to spraying neat onto dry paint. I wish they would make their minds up.
Great product though. Apparently V3 gives a better gloss finish, cant wait to try but I have over half a bottle of V2 left yet

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
09-05-2013 08:05am
PhilSkill

That's interesting Speary sounds like they need 2 products as the ability to spray on a undried car makes using v2 so easy, as fully drying a car immediately after a wash is almost impossible!

09-05-2013 08:41am
smokeyhill

Top tip from a friend who has had jean dye residue on his Land Rovers for years - baby wipes.

Excellent at getting the seats back to looking like new. In the 3 months since i picked up my Evoque i have had to clean the seats twice due to jeans leaving residue, but takes less than a minute to do each time.

Also, baby wipes double up as a good way to remove the bird droppings from the paint work before they start doing too much damage. And in a pinch do a reasonable job on the alloys.

SD4 Pure, 5 door, White with Lunar interior, Fogs, Pano, Style 4 wheels, Mats, Auto lights and wipers.
27-06-2013 11:04pm
RRSteve

My last car was a BMW Z4 E89 with the pure white interior package. Off-white leather was always "interesting" to keep clean (hence I have the black leather on the Evoque!), but I also used to use baby wipes. Worked quite well.
28-06-2013 08:53am
WB
WB

(28-06-2013 08:53am)RRSteve Wrote:  My last car was a BMW Z4 E89 with the pure white interior package. Off-white leather was always "interesting" to keep clean (hence I have the black leather on the Evoque!), but I also used to use baby wipes. Worked quite well.

A carpet fitter also told me that baby wipes are their wonder product for removing marks on carpets too! I guess they'll remove sh*t from anything!
28-06-2013 02:02pm