Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Issues - Update
chiggy

Car Issues - Update

Few issues here and there. nothing big

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 11:03am by chiggy.)
21-03-2012 03:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcui

RE: Car Issues - Update

Hope you get everything sorted Chiggy.

I don't think you are being anal at all! We are all paying a reasonable amount for our new cars... they should be defect free.. and anything that does pop up they should fix..

Keep us updated..

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
21-03-2012 06:58am
DefLeppard

thanks for the update Chiggy, I was wondering how your car was.

I think it just reflects badly on LR and your dealer that you are made to feel guilty for expecting a luxury, premium car to be built right. I would expect these issues to be taken seriously in a $15 k barina!

I work in sales, and trust me, I dont mind customers complaining, as long as they are pleasant about it, dont attack me personally, its just part of doing business.

(I feel like sending your car a "get well soon" card! Laughing )

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 09:18am by DefLeppard.)
21-03-2012 09:17am
berlin2011

Chiggy, do you have any wind noise as a result of the driver's door slightly sticking out?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
21-03-2012 09:23am
chiggy

I do get a little bit of wind noise but having said that I can't remember what it sounded like in the demos so I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

The door does squeak though when going around corners or over bumps as a result of the rubber around the door not fitting as well as it should. Rest of the doors are fine but its the driver's door.

Got an FL2 as a loan car. Spiff don't hate me but I still don't like it that much. It doesn't feel as "grounded" as the evoque but I'm happy to have one nonetheless.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-03-2012 11:58am
spif888

Hi Chiggy

I understand your frustration 100%.

I reported my window trim build issue on the 20 February to the service dept at Austral. After not hearing anything form the dealership for almost 3 weeks, I was contacted and told the parts would be available from the 29th March. At this point I contacted LR Customer service to vent my frustration in having to wait so long. It was a pointless call because nothing can be done to shorten my wait. My brand new Evoque is booked in to get fixed on the 10 April for 4 DAYS. Besides the window trim, there are 2 obvious marks/scratches under each headlight, in the identical position. The service dept suspects it happened when the car was on the production line getting built.

Apparently the reason why I have to wait 7 weeks for the window trim parts to be replaced is because the Evoque is a new car. I had to remind the service dept and LR Australia that the car was officially launced in Australia at the beginning of November -over 4 months ago.

The excitement and joy of owning one of the world's most desirable cars has diminshed greatly over this most recent episode.

I don't think I will be buying a third car from Landrover.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
21-03-2012 12:25pm
chiggy

Yeah I understand what you mean. At least you know they're going to replace all the window trim parts although I can't imagine why it would take so long to get parts in I would've thought LR would be able to get them in quite quickly.

I don't understand why the car has to go in for so long - same with mine.

The problem is as much as the car has issues at the moment, I understand that its the first generation etc etc, I still just absolutely love the design and the issues aren't enough for me to give it up yet. Might call that being stubborn but its just a fact - its a brilliant looking thing and is also great to drive which is a pretty big bonus.

I also like the upcoming DC100 and I'm sure the next Vogue and RRS will also be pretty good looking! Which tells me I'm going to be buying LR products for awhile.... I wonder if they realise how many more they would sell if they just sorted themselves out a bit more, because they definitely have the products.

21-03-2012 01:35pm
chiggy

nothing

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 11:03am by chiggy.)
22-03-2012 06:42am
chiggy

Well picked my car up. Customer service on this occasion was fantastic. The guy I dealt with spent 15 minutes going through everything what they did and was very helpful and informative. He walked me out to my car and pretty sure he wanted me to notice that my car had been cleaned and detailed like it was brand new including the inside of the car.

The plan was to spend a few hours detailing it myself over the weekend but it seems LR decided to do it for me.

Thank you LR Smile

Still not happy about the car and it going in for the third time... just want everything fixed now.

23-03-2012 02:11am
benzina

Hey Chiggy, did you end up getting your car issues sorted?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
20-04-2012 05:59am