Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Issues - Update
chiggy

RE: Car Issues - Update

Hey mate,

Just got a call funnily enough, from Barbagallo telling me the parts they've ordered have arrived. Just need to book it in now and hopefully get it fixed. There's a lot of wind noise coming from the driver side door however I'm hoping these parts fix that. Or that's now going to be another issue.

How's your car going? I think my gf may have seen you around Nedlands/Claremont/Stirling Hwy awhile back now. Said it was Silver with a black roof (assumed it was you). You enjoying it? I still love absolutely every minute of it!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
20-04-2012 06:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Hey Chiggy....Thats good news to hear they got the parts in,and hope they sort it for you.
Yep that would have been me for sure in those area's, as it's my usual stomping ground,and mines definately the only silver with a black roof around.
And i'll tell you something else, i'm ABSOLUTELY LOVING this Evoque too!!! Every single time i look at it, i find it really hard to look away......it's design both inside and out, is just sooo gorgeous! Then getting into the cockpit of this fighter jet, firing it up, and piloting it around, is simply supreme.
Sometimes when cruizing along, i feel compelled to quietly say out aloud, ''thankyou for building this car Landrover!"
Sounds like you're enjoying this feeling too....we've got a good one here Chiggy!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 03:01pm by benzina.)
20-04-2012 02:58pm
chiggy

Just another update:

1. The door is finally fixed and closes properly. They replaced the rubber lining etc around the driver's door and its now finally in line with the rest of the car - 4th time lucky I guess.

2. The windscreen wiper issue still hasn't been fixed - however the service department has agreed to replace the automatic sensor as its now the 4th time I've complained about it. So guess what? car going in again for the 5th time in 4 months in a couple of weeks.

3. All other issues seem to be fixed although I'm starting to lose track now and I'm way past the point of actually caring.

4. There was another issue that came up - the ESP/ESC (Electronic Stability Program/Control) light just kept flickering on and off for a good 10 minutes a couple of days ago and my car just refused to move because it couldnt figure out if I wanted it on or off. Nothing was pressing on the button. Naturally the service department couldn't find anything wrong. Not entirely sure what to do about this.

At what point does LR just replace the car cause of all the issues? Soon enough I'm going to have an evoque with replaced parts all over the car effectively making it a refurbished evoque....

I did actually think about putting in a bit more money and trading it in for another evoque (a demo) just so that I don't have to take it in every 3-4 weeks however even that was just turning out to be way too expensive for me and didn't make sense.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
16-05-2012 05:32am
sethor

Good to hear things are finally starting to get sorted, unfortunately there are no lemon laws in WA/Australia to protect car buyers like in the US.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
16-05-2012 08:11am
headturner

chiggy - looks like you have and unlucky batch..hope your issues get fixed man..if i were you i would be asking LR for a form of compensation like addtional warranty or free services etc to protect you

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
16-05-2012 08:15am
chiggy

(16-05-2012 08:15am)headturner Wrote:  chiggy - looks like you have and unlucky batch..hope your issues get fixed man..if i were you i would be asking LR for a form of compensation like addtional warranty or free services etc to protect you

well the problem is that I bought the car under the corporate program so I already have the benefit of free scheduled servicing etc etc.

The best they do now is give it a good clean and give me a free random magazine.

Not entirely sure what else they would/could even offer.

I definitely plan on selling the car in 3 years before the warranty runs out because I do not want to deal with all these issues past that date. I already have a feeling the car is going to lose a lot of value by the end of those 3 years cause the market is going to be swamped with used evoques.

I have a feeling it may be a bad batch production but I don't even think there's anything else I can do about it. LR Australia already know about the issues and so does my dealer including the sales staff and manager. In all honesty, what can I even do? except for just wait for things to get fixed, pop up again and then get fixed again?

16-05-2012 08:36am
spif888

(16-05-2012 08:36am)chiggy Wrote:  well the problem is that I bought the car under the corporate program so I already have the benefit of free scheduled servicing etc etc.

The best they do now is give it a good clean and give me a free random magazine.

Not entirely sure what else they would/could even offer.

I definitely plan on selling the car in 3 years before the warranty runs out because I do not want to deal with all these issues past that date. I already have a feeling the car is going to lose a lot of value by the end of those 3 years cause the market is going to be swamped with used evoques.

I have a feeling it may be a bad batch production but I don't even think there's anything else I can do about it. LR Australia already know about the issues and so does my dealer including the sales staff and manager. In all honesty, what can I even do? except for just wait for things to get fixed, pop up again and then get fixed again?

Hey Chiggy

I have my car booked again next Friday to sort out some issues that weren't sorted out previously - plus a new issue that has mysteriously popped up.

I have owned the car for nearly 4 months and all of a sudden, for the first time, on Saturday a message popped up on the screen. I turned the ignition off and pressed the on button to listen to a new CD and a message came up on the screen - "TURN ENGINE ON OR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM WILL TURN OFF IN 3 MINUTES" The message flashed on the screen on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. When I phoned LR today I was told its a design feature to prevent the battery from running flat. Funny, how in the previous 4 months, when I have switched the radio/CD player on without the car running, the message never flashed on the screen.

I have also asked them to check the "clunking" sound when the steering is at full lock and to check the auto gearbox.

I think I will be ready in 2014 for the new baby Porsche - just have to get used to the name - Macan. After a less tha satisfactory experience with a Freelander 2 and now an Evoque, I will certainly not be making the same mistake a third time.

BTW, I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have the silver trim vinyl wrapped - will update with photos

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 09:59am by spif888.)
16-05-2012 09:58am
Donny Dog

(16-05-2012 09:58am)spif888 Wrote:  I have owned the car for nearly 4 months and all of a sudden, for the first time, on Saturday a message popped up on the screen. I turned the ignition off and pressed the on button to listen to a new CD and a message came up on the screen - "TURN ENGINE ON OR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM WILL TURN OFF IN 3 MINUTES" The message flashed on the screen on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. When I phoned LR today I was told its a design feature to prevent the battery from running flat. Funny, how in the previous 4 months, when I have switched the radio/CD player on without the car running, the message never flashed on the screen.

It is quite normal and many posters on here have commented on it (and complained about it). It's just surprising that you haven't had the power on long enough to see the message before.
16-05-2012 01:21pm
spif888

(16-05-2012 01:21pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It is quite normal and many posters on here have commented on it (and complained about it). It's just surprising that you haven't had the power on long enough to see the message before.

In the last 4 months I must have had the music playing/radio on without the ignition atleast 12 times and I have never ever seen the message before. I understand the audio unit will automatically switch off after 5/10 minutes and this has happened every time I have had the audio unit on without the car running. However, as I have already mentioned - I have never had the message flash on the screen before

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
16-05-2012 01:58pm
lngrn36

(16-05-2012 01:21pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It is quite normal and many posters on here have commented on it (and complained about it). It's just surprising that you haven't had the power on long enough to see the message before.

I, too, have had this warning. Fifty large and you can't listen to the stereo while enjoying a picnic offroad.
Geez...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
16-05-2012 07:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply