Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Issues - Update
Donny Dog

RE: Car Issues - Update

(16-05-2012 01:58pm)spif888 Wrote:  In the last 4 months I must have had the music playing/radio on without the ignition atleast 12 times and I have never ever seen the message before. I understand the audio unit will automatically switch off after 5/10 minutes and this has happened every time I have had the audio unit on without the car running. However, as I have already mentioned - I have never had the message flash on the screen before

Maybe it depends to some extent on the battery condition, then, rather than simply a timer (as many have suspected, including me). I noticed in the car showroom the warning used to come on regularly, quite soon after trying something, and their batteries get hammered by people moving seats etc. when not getting re-charged. I don't generally listen to the audio much when stationary, but I have still seen the warning a couple of times just playing with the sat. nav.
16-05-2012 09:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

(16-05-2012 09:58am)spif888 Wrote:  I think I will be ready in 2014 for the new baby Porsche - just have to get used to the name - Macan. After a less tha satisfactory experience with a Freelander 2 and now an Evoque, I will certainly not be making the same mistake a third time.
BTW, I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have the silver trim vinyl wrapped - will update with photos

What parts are you getting wrapped? Thinking about painting them and getting the front bumper and rear bumper painted like someone else on the forum has with the silver parts turned to black gloss to make it look a bit more like a dynamic. Also want to get the bonnet vents soon.

I would think about changing to another car but if anything it would be to something bigger maybe the next Sport or maybe even the next Cayenne (I quite like the look of the current model) but most likely the sport. LR just seem to have the right designs at the moment. The macan will be an interesting car when it comes out... I'd be interested in it mostly depending on the drive.

hope you get your issues fixed soon!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
18-05-2012 06:40am
stiggz

Hey Chiggy,

Any update on the rain sensing (low sunlight sensing) wipers? I've had mine 6 weeks now and thats really the only thing that bugs me (apart from the not so accurate fuel usage estimate). Had to turn it off coming down green st in mt hawthorn the other arvo as it was going nuts trying to wipe the sunlight off the windscreen!

Regardless its comforting the Barbagallo service department will be familiar with the problem when I take mine in..
23-05-2012 12:54pm
Neo

Chiggy, where are you getting the vents from and how much?? Thanks.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
23-05-2012 01:47pm
chiggy

I'm actually contemplating selling mine and then putting in another $5k or $10k and getting one of the cars in stock or on carpoint so I haven't looked into the vents anymore. Although there was a dealer in the states who was willing to sell them to me for $350 including postage (both vents and postage) in gloss black. To be honest it was on another evoque forum (http://www.evoqueforums.net) where I found the dealer who sent me the details.

for all admin - I am not promoting any other forum... just simply saying someone was trying to sell me some bonnet vents there.

Might even just trade in and get one of the demos.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 02:20am by chiggy.)
24-05-2012 02:17am
benzina

Chiggy, how many problems with your car are you still dealing with, and what are they?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
25-05-2012 01:49am
chiggy

At the moment:

1. Rain-wiping auto sensor - parts on order and will get replaced as soon as they come in.
2. Random rattle in the back left of the car (I think its the same thing you have now)
3. The ESC/ESP light hasn't had an issue again.

I've put it up on Carpoint for sale. If I get any interest I will sell it, if I don't then I just have to deal with it and hopefully all things get fixed.

They aren't major issues, I'm sure after the issues above are fixed it'll all be fine, but it just the whole experience I've had for the last 4 months that has pissed me off a bit more.

25-05-2012 02:13am
benzina

I plan on nailing that number 2 issue real soon on the second attempt. I'll let you know what it is if we get it, as i now suspect it is in one of the left rear pillars.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2012 06:26am by benzina.)
25-05-2012 06:25am
benzina

(25-05-2012 02:13am)chiggy Wrote:  At the moment:

1. Rain-wiping auto sensor - parts on order and will get replaced as soon as they come in.
2. Random rattle in the back left of the car (I think its the same thing you have now)
3. The ESC/ESP light hasn't had an issue again.

I've put it up on Carpoint for sale. If I get any interest I will sell it, if I don't then I just have to deal with it and hopefully all things get fixed.

They aren't major issues, I'm sure after the issues above are fixed it'll all be fine, but it just the whole experience I've had for the last 4 months that has pissed me off a bit more.

But surely Chiggy, now that you have just about got on top of the issues (and with the car you personally specified from the get go), would'nt it be better to stick with it, rather then throw yourself in the lottery of another Evoque,and all the while costing you more money in the process?

26-05-2012 01:35am
chiggy

Well that's what I want to see. If someone is willing to buy the car at that price - I'm sure there are demo's around that I can get a similar price at. So I'm going to Barbagallo this morning to see what they have and if they can get around to a similar price of my car.

And in the end if there's only a $1-2k variance - I might as well change and get a car I that won't really have issues.

I know a few of the demo's haven't really had any issues so lets see how it goes.

26-05-2012 02:26am