Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Issues - Update
Barneyridge

RE: Car Issues - Update

Hey Chiggy, what rear rattle have you got. Mine is on either side at the rear and sounds a bit like a bird chirp, squeak.

I have sent an email to get a quote to wrap the bumpers with black and silver to get the dynamic look. Will wait and see what he says.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
26-05-2012 07:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

I've got the same sort of squeak/chirping sound however its coming from the left. Any idea what it is?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
26-05-2012 10:30pm
spif888

Hey guys

I used to have the same squeak/chirp in my Freelander. After lots of fiddling around I discovered that if the cargo cover was not clipped in properly, I would get the same irratating sound. Try removing the cargo cover and refitting it, ensuring its clipped in securely.

I had my car at Austral for the day on Friday. I was given a 2011 Freelander SD4 for the day and can't work out when the extra 30kw kicks in. Anway I have to take my Evoque back in because they couldn't sort out my bluetooth telephone problem. Whenever I make or receive a call within 10 seconds of the call I loose the audio. The caller on the other side can hear me but there is nothing from my side. When I try and call back, the call doesn't re-connect. Apparently the system couldn't be reset as " the file is corrup and they tried all day." So I need to go back in again for an hour to reload the bluetooth system.

The clicking/knocking sound at low speeds has been corrected. The is a recall that had been sent out from Land Rover to correct the issue. Bell Autoservices has actually posted the directive from LR on this forum.

The stuttering at low revs could not be picked up - so nothing done there.

Anyway in a weeks time, I will be taking my car in for the 3rd time to sort out issues.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
26-05-2012 11:40pm
Barneyridge

Hi Spif, I removed the rear parcel shelf for a couple of days and the noise was still present. Mine only happens over bumps or pot holes, in particular when only one side travels over the bumps etc.

Chiggy, I am still at a loss. I removed the spare and reinstalled with various clothes and blankets so there was no direct contact with metal, but this did not work either.

One thing I was thinking it could be, was the foam packing under the boot flooring, there is some movement and maybe it is this that could be making the noise

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
27-05-2012 11:41pm
chiggy

Add to that the front suspension click/clunk as well for me.

I was just beginning to think this was just normal and couldn't be bothered to even deal with it as I thought the service department would just be like "we don't know what you're talking about, we can't see the issue, if it happens again come in". If I had a dollar for every time I heard that. I guess I can now tell them you have a bulletin - fix it.

At the rate I'm going I'll have a full evoque with complete replaced parts over the next 3 years.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
28-05-2012 12:21am
headturner

Not sure if you guys have experienced this when using your bluetooth on Iphone 4, at times when call comes in you cant hear anything from the speakers and the iphone comes up with select audio source and when you have evoque selected still no sound or voice whereas the other party can hear you.

i realised this only happens when you have your phone muted, once the mute button is off it works perfectly fine all the time.

so if you experience this try to keep your phone un-muted.

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
31-05-2012 12:16am
Jai

Car Issues - Update

Always gotta be careful about what you post online... My sales rep at barbs told me about forum browsing and that it's a way in which they can learn more about the cars and consumer experiences... Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
31-05-2012 03:57pm
WB
WB

(31-05-2012 12:16am)headturner Wrote:  Not sure if you guys have experienced this when using your bluetooth on Iphone 4, at times when call comes in you cant hear anything from the speakers and the iphone comes up with select audio source and when you have evoque selected still no sound or voice whereas the other party can hear you.

i realised this only happens when you have your phone muted, once the mute button is off it works perfectly fine all the time.

so if you experience this try to keep your phone un-muted.

Aha - so glad you posted that as I was beginning to wonder if I had a gremlin but I'm fairly certain my phone was on mute so I'll try that!
31-05-2012 05:03pm
chiggy

(31-05-2012 03:57pm)Jai Wrote:  Always gotta be careful about what you post online... My sales rep at barbs told me about forum browsing and that it's a way in which they can learn more about the cars and consumer experiences... Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I know they do and i know LR Australia do as well.

01-06-2012 12:09am
spif888

(01-06-2012 12:09am)chiggy Wrote:  Yeah, I know they do and i know LR Australia do as well.

Well if they are, one would hope they would have lifted their game by now.

It's a pity ACA & Today Tonight don't browse the forum. A story on how owners of the world's most awarded car are mistreated would make compelling viewing.

Only 2 days ago the service advisor lied straight to my face.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
01-06-2012 12:36am