Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind Spot Monitoring System
martinPL

RE: Blind Spot Monitoring System

The price should not change as the LR web configurator shows exactly the same price now (with Blind Spot System included) as it did 4 months ago (without that system). I guess I'll know in a week when picking up the newly arrived car (should be in in 2 days but I am leaving town). Will post once I learn.
06-02-2012 09:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
surface51

i should find out tomorrow -- my dealer called this morning to let me know my dynamic is in! more soon. planning to pick it up tomorrow.

black on black dynamic -- delivered! february 7.
07-02-2012 05:26am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
surface51

picked my evoque up tonight! it's a 5 door (4 with hatch) version dynamic and DOES HAVE blind spot monitoring. used it all the way home from picking it up, works great. it was not even offered here in the U.S. as an option on the 5 door when i placed my order on november 28 but my dealer told me that in the meantime it had been added as an option -- at a cost of $450. i, however, was NOT charged at all and my dealer said that Land Rover would reimburse them so they were just throwing it in at no cost to me. not sure if this will be standard protocol with all LR dealers or not.

black on black dynamic -- delivered! february 7.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:20am by surface51.)
08-02-2012 04:19am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
martinPL

same here. Received my car yesterday. Blind Spot Monitoring is in and I was charged for it $450. Due to that I received some freebies to offset the cost. The system works really well.
08-02-2012 05:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Blind spot monitoring is good but it can also be easily confused in town when you pass close to parked cars or pedestrians walk close to the car. I often find the passenger side remain illuminated long after anything passed close by has gone.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-02-2012 10:13am
AEC

Well, it seems that the brief window where Blind Spot Monitoring was available on the 5 door in the US has closed. My car arrived this week and unfortunately did not have the system. I was hoping to get lucky like some of the guys who took delivery in February. I wonder what happened?

2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic, Colima Lime with Black Pano Roof over Lunar/Savannah (Energy), Style 3 alloys, Climate Comfort Pack, Satellite and HD Radio, Ebony Headliner
18-03-2012 02:42am
zambiaman

a must have option !

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
24-04-2012 07:59am
Starflyer

For some strange reason, "Blind Spot Monitoring" is ONLY available on the Dynamic 2 door in the US. When I test drove the Evoque in mid November, I'm pretty sure it was a 2 door Pure with blind spot. I wanted it on the 4 door and was told it was NOT available (no good reason). So my 4 door Pure doesn't have it. Fine, I don't really care.

Now on the US Range Rover website, when using the "build your own" option, the ONLY model that has blind spot is the 2 door Dynamic. Not available on the Pure 2 door. Standard equipment on the Dynamic.
24-04-2012 06:41pm
sethor

(24-04-2012 07:59am)zambiaman Wrote:  a must have option !

I agree, it is the option I regret the most not having.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
25-04-2012 04:46am
andrey1302

(25-04-2012 04:46am)sethor Wrote:  I agree, it is the option I regret the most not having.

to me doesn't seem so necessary even though I have the 3dr and can still see whats around....

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
25-04-2012 07:12am