Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind Spot Monitoring System
bell-auto-services

RE: Blind Spot Monitoring System

I must admit ive had a couple of passangers say some weird stuff as ive overtaken a car and the wing mirror shows the same sort of thing lol.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
23-10-2011 08:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You will know if it is fitted to your car as the mirrors have a small etched area on the outside of them - when you fire up the engine in P or in R you see a small orange dot on the mirror edge, when a car enters the blindspot them you will have a small icon of two cars passing each other appear. It's a good system but the small radars are easily confused and show an overtaking car on the nearside if pedestrians pass close or you are travelling down narrow country roads and it picks up bushes and hedges in the field.
This is the instructions from the manual and show what you should see in your mirrors if you have BLIS. http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...6/BLIS.pdf

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 09:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-10-2011 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wrtau23

Appears none of the US vehicles have this option. Bad news for us "early adopters", good news for those that are still waiting for their vehicle.

Response from dealer:

The Prestige models are coming to the US with the surround camera system but no Blind Spot Monitoring. They must be having issues with the supplier. In our order forms it show us the BSM will be available to be ordered at a later date. So none of the Evoques are coming with that option
@bell-auto-services thanks for rotating the picture.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 08:07pm by wrtau23.)
24-10-2011 08:06pm
SilverTT

(24-10-2011 08:06pm)wrtau23 Wrote:  Appears none of the US vehicles have this option. Bad news for us "early adopters", good news for those that are still waiting for their vehicle.

Response from dealer:

The Prestige models are coming to the US with the surround camera system but no Blind Spot Monitoring. They must be having issues with the supplier. In our order forms it show us the BSM will be available to be ordered at a later date. So none of the Evoques are coming with that option

Did the Dealer mention at what date new orders might have the BSM?
28-11-2011 03:41pm
martinPL

(24-10-2011 08:06pm)wrtau23 Wrote:  Appears none of the US vehicles have this option. Bad news for us "early adopters", good news for those that are still waiting for their vehicle.

Response from dealer:

Definitely not the DOT thing as I have it on my S5. When I was ordering it it was not available but when the rig arrived it was in (part of the tech package). Hopefully when my Evoque will come in Feb/March (fingers crossed) it will have it as I tend to like this system.
28-11-2011 08:01pm
memota

Response from dealer:

Are surround cams standard on the Prestige then in the US?

If so good score!
29-11-2011 10:32am
slee18

Yes mine has it but it doesn't have the blind spot monitor. But the dealer has a new coupe which I test drove that had it. I bought mine at a different dealer and didn't know it was the first one that came to that dealer. Hope it helps

(29-11-2011 10:32am)memota Wrote:  Are surround cams standard on the Prestige then in the US?

If so good score!
07-12-2011 04:08am
martinPL

I just received the detailed spec sheet of my ordered vehicle - US Dynamic with Climate Pkg., Premium Pkg., Sat. and Adaptive Dynamic System. Interestingly Blind Spot Monitoring is listed under the Dynamic Premium Pkg/Prestige Premium Pkg BUT with a note:
only with Coupe Premium Pks). It appears that someone decided that the 4/5 door models would not benefit from it Sad
15-12-2011 07:05pm
slee18

Dah makes sense now that the coupes have it and not mine.
15-12-2011 10:25pm
bell-auto-services

I wonder why your US 5 doors do not have it, when the UK 5 door car has it.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 12:30am by bell-auto-services.)
16-12-2011 12:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply