Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Black alloys Aussie price
chiggy

RE: Black alloys Aussie price

I talked to the dealer and they don't offer DYnamic kits cause in their eyes - if you want a dynamic looking car - then you buy a dynamic.

My dealer told me there's no point in offering a dynamic kit on a prestige cause pretty much no one will actually go for a dynamic then... if they can have the interior of a prestige with the exterior of a dynamic... what point is there in LR offering a dynamic?

Same idea with the Pure. If the Dynamic is basically a better looking pure on the outside with a few extra on the inside - what point is there of getting a dynamic if you can just get a pure with a dynamic kit? It deters people from actually spending a lot more and getting a dynamic. So most dealers - at least in Australia, won't offer a dynamic kit.

Same with xenon's - I think thats mainly to do with warranty issues and also mechanics aren't legally allowed to install a new pair of xenon's by cutting parts of the bumper and using the other auto leveling mechanics etc because its complicated and if something happens (electrical faults) you might hold them responsible - and they can't be bothered dealing with all the legalities. If you're had xenon's factory fitted - then you can always get them fitted again - cause all the housing and motoring for auto-leveling etc is already there.

Parts do offer wheels - and I believe it does include tyres as well - or they can quote you a price with the wheels.

I asked my dealer if I could order the dynamic parts separately from parts and he said I can... it just won't be worth the money cause they will charge ridiculous prices plus painting and fitting - might as well just get a factory dynamic instead.

The car already comes with such a variety of options - dealers offering even more would just complicate matters to an extent Land Rover can't even think of dreaming about... issues already with a variety of options... I think dealers would just self-destruct if they themselves offered even more options.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
24-11-2011 06:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcowell

Is everyone here referring to the 20" Alloy wheel gloss black finish (rim only) I asked a dealer about these a couple of months back and he said a few people had asked about them but he couldn't see the option and it was probably for overseas market. Couldn't you just option the car with the 20" Style 6 wheels, order the black ones, get the dealer to swap the tyres over and sell the style 6 rims? This is assuming the tyres are the same for both rims.

I have no idea what the style 6 would be worth but I'm sure if they are unused you could get at least 1k for them?
06-12-2011 07:17am
Evoque U

I spoke to my dealer today, you will be looking at $8500 for these wheels fitted, better off buying the chrome style 8 and getting them powder coated black.

I will be purchasing 22inch wheels in black aftermarket

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
06-12-2011 07:31am
memota

(06-12-2011 07:31am)Evoque U Wrote:  I spoke to my dealer today, you will be looking at $8500 for these wheels fitted

Ridiculous!
06-12-2011 07:32am
Evoque U

(06-12-2011 07:32am)memota Wrote:  Ridiculous!

I'm with you

he also thought it was ridiculous especially when they are only a style 8 wheel done in black

Im looking at 22" black wheels with tyres for $3500,

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

06-12-2011 07:38am
RonnieNavani

(06-12-2011 07:38am)Evoque U Wrote:  I'm with you

he also thought it was ridiculous especially when they are only a style 8 wheel done in black

Im looking at 22" black wheels with tyres for $3500,

mate,

let me know which ones you end up getting? might be worth while to see if we buy together and get a better deal.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
06-12-2011 11:22am
3VOQU3

+2

Post some pics..Very intrested

What brand wheels are these? and do they come in the Evoque hub adn stud pattern?

cheers
07-12-2011 06:11am
Evoque U

Hi guys,
My dealer was telling me yesterday that the Evoque has the same wheel pattern as the Range Rover Sport so if true these wheels with tyres are from http://www.ozzytyres.com.au

[Image: lexani_lx20_blk.jpg]
Lexani LX20
http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/wheel-...mb-bl.html

[Image: lexani_lx10_39.jpg]
Lexani LX10
http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/lexani...bl-10.html

I also like the Dub wheels but unsure on the price

[Image: Dub-Drone6.jpg]
DUB Drone

I have been looking on ebay international sellers for 22inch wheels and have come across some nice wheels that are very cheap on there but i am unsure of freight cost to here, maybe I can email them for a price.

I have 22inch wheels on my VE ute that i purchased from ozzy and was very happy with there service, they will also fit on the RRS

[Image: VE.jpg]

07-12-2011 08:42am
gead

certainly,.....individual....

when you say very cheap....what are we talking?

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 09:35am by gead.)
07-12-2011 09:34am
Evoque U

(07-12-2011 09:34am)gead Wrote:  certainly,.....individual....

when you say very cheap....what are we talking?

On ebay from USA I did a search for black 22inch wheels and it ranges from AUS$870-$1100, with no tyres and without the known cost of shipping. Im guessing shipping maybe expensive because of overall weight of wheels but might be worth a look.

07-12-2011 10:08am