Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Black alloys Aussie price
chiggy

RE: Black alloys Aussie price

AHH yes that's what I meant, in the meant leave the upgrade to 20s at the most rather than 22.

She might thank you for it Wink

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
05-01-2012 10:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nmouat

My Evoque arrives in 3 weeks and I just ordered the 20" gloss black alloys. I originally ordered the Style 8's for extra $2,500 so I guess I will have to try and sell them. Dealer discounted fitting due to delivery delay so it cost me $5,000 just for the wheels as I can reuse the Style 8 tyres.

I spoke to LR about after-market 22" rims however should anything go wrong with the vehicle and they attribute it to non-standard over-sized wheels that haven't been designed or balanced correctly for the car then they can void your warranty. After spending over $100k i'm not prepared to unnecessarily be up for more costs!
My Evoque arrives in 3 weeks and I just ordered the 20" gloss black alloys. I originally ordered the Style 8's for extra $2,500 so I guess I will have to try and sell them. Dealer discounted fitting due to delivery delay so it cost me $5,000 just for the wheels as I can reuse the Style 8 tyres.

I spoke to LR about after-market 22" rims however should anything go wrong with the vehicle and they attribute it to non-standard over-sized wheels that haven't been designed or balanced correctly for the car then they can void your warranty. After spending over $100k i'm not prepared to unnecessarily be up for more costs!
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 11:04am by nmouat.)
03-02-2012 10:58am
RonnieNavani

Hey Mate,

How you going?

Are you still selling your wheels? What price are you after? I would like to consider it for mine..

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
03-02-2012 12:59pm
Evoque U

(18-12-2011 01:51am)RonnieNavani Wrote:  Any news on the wheels??

I'm very tempted, to get the black ones.. Not sure where from though!

Hey Ronnie, sorry I haven't got back to you.

Taleb tyres in Arncliffe, NSW sell the Dub drone 6 wheels. They gave me a price of $3400 with tyres for 22". Delivered from the USA was $2100 plus tyres so I think Taleb is the way to go for price and any warranty issues. I went there last sat and wasn't too impressed with the look in person. I'm am going to wait till our Evoque arrives in March and go to a few tyre shops and try some wheels next to it.
Ps don't worry about Warranty issues, I have a VE SS that comes standard with 19" and I have put 22" wheels on it with no issues from Holden or insurance (NRMA).

My car salesmen has had nothing but encouragement for the new 22"s to go on the Evoque.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 01:50pm by Evoque U.)
03-02-2012 01:46pm
benzina

Hey hull bud Evoque U.....out of interest,what was the recommended tyre size for the 22'' rims? and did you check if the overall diameter would be the same as a stock size tyre/rim combo? As a rule of thumb, the average Evoque overall stock wheel diameter averages at between 730mm-740mm.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
03-02-2012 02:17pm
benzina

Just been doing some research ,Ii believe the 22'' rims would or should be fitted with 265/35's in order to be close to stock diameter size. A 265/35 x 22 has a total diameter of 744mm.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
05-02-2012 01:09am
Evoque U

(03-02-2012 02:17pm)benzina Wrote:  Hey hull bud Evoque U.....out of interest,what was the recommended tyre size for the 22'' rims? and did you check if the overall diameter would be the same as a stock size tyre/rim combo? As a rule of thumb, the average Evoque overall stock wheel diameter averages at between 730mm-740mm.

Hey there hull mate, I didn't get into size tyres with them, it looks like you have worked out what we should be aiming for.
On my commodore I went from 245/40/19 and put 245/30/22. NRMA ( my insurance co) stated that as long as there is no more the + or - 10mm over stock they will cover them. Mine are about 5mm different and my speedo is spot on

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

05-02-2012 04:16am
Barneyridge

Just on a side note, with to standard 19's which are 235/55 the speedo error is only 3 kph to the gps on the iPhone. On the central message screen between the speedo and rpm it shows oyur speed in digital raea out, that is what I compared to the iPhone gps. Pretty impressed by a such a small error. The Subaru was out by close to 10 kph at 110.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
05-02-2012 05:29am
nmouat

(03-02-2012 12:59pm)RonnieNavani Wrote:  Hey Mate,

How you going?

Are you still selling your wheels? What price are you after? I would like to consider it for mine..

Hey ronnie

Sorry about late reply.

Car arrives next week hopefully and I will still be looking to sell my style 8's.

They cost me $2500 so would be happy for any offers.

Where do you live?

Cheers
19-02-2012 12:18am
Evoque U

Hey all,

We picked up my new wheels today. We ended up going with 20" wheels with 245/50/20 tyres as we didn't want to compromise the ride quality. Very happy with the look it has given, still questioning whether to black out the brake callipers or not. Sorry for the bad pics, only had my iPhone on me. We post better ones soon

[Image: 666f574b.jpg]

[Image: 6ea4fcfc.jpg]

[Image: 646b04f5.jpg]

[Image: 7296d3c4.jpg]

01-05-2012 09:15am